DeFrank Personal Logo

DeFrank

good post Buc. every designer i know agrees, designing for yourself is the hardest. mine (see avatar) was originally for another project that was scrapped. but because the idea was built around the Taurus astrological symbol, which i am, it fit me well and i went with it. a college instructor told me "it looks western" and thats where the old-west/outlaw theme come from. when designing for yourself, i think its important to gather info from others, hence this thread for DeFrank.

my other bit of advice for personal work would be to go with something you are satisfied with. dont try to be perfect, just be good.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I appreciate both of those posts Buc and BrandN!

I have thought about going with "DeF". My name actually comes from the Italian name "DeFranco" which was changed to "DeFrank" when my great grandfather moved to America. So... italian?

The colors don't really matter too much to me because I want there to be multiple options. During football season, burgundy and gold. During baseball season, red, white, and blue. During... the Olympics another red, white, blue. I don't know. But I love the idea of changing colors. Maybe I could have a just "D" as well.

Skier14 took the liberty of cleaning up the logo above and finishing it off. He did an amazing job. It honestly turned out exactly as I pictured it. It looked like if somebody just took "Washington" font and changed it to DeFrank, which is wonderful.

That being said, I love the idea of incorporating more personality into my design. I am very proud of being a Washingtonian, and love to defend my city as a place to live, not just a mythical place people talk about on television. I would love to incorporate the DC flag into the design. Maybe I can keep the script, but remove the line underneath, or do a new script altogether. I chose the Nationals script because I really enjoy it, and I think it just looks really great.

Another idea of colors are my school colors, navy and gold, although they seem to vary between royal and baby, and yellow and orange. But navy and gold could be great (think Rams).

The idea of incorporating the Redskins in somehow would be great, as they are by far my favorite sports team, but i don't see that working with a curly baseball font ^_^

I really do appreciate you guys trying to help me work through this, it really is helpful and you have given me some great ideas. I'm not stressing out about it though, don't worry. I do want to get it down and finished (but I don't need it to be perfect) so I can continue with my uniforms and learning to change players into different uniforms. I understand I have to take my time, but the ideas are formulating in my head.

So maybe something that incorporates what I have so far, the D.C. flag (or a symbol of D.C. like the Capitol, I do live around that area), and possibly the Redskins. I'm not expecting or asking you to come up with ideas I assure you, but rather thinking out loud. But I do appreciate ideas.

Thanks!!

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I do agree about the K, but the rest if fabulous, as I said, it would be if there was a font and Washington was retyped as DeFrank

that would be cool and yeah skiers concept reads as DeFranR not DeFrank

wrb141.jpgnbahoopscardszxzx01.png

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Im Abby.. nice to meet you

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

I do agree about the K, but the rest if fabulous, as I said, it would be if there was a font and Washington was retyped as DeFrank

that would be cool and yeah skiers concept reads as DeFranR not DeFrank

Right... as I said, I think that can be easily ficed, but the rest is really great

potd 10/20/12

Bump

It's not so much a "font." Scripts, especially the loopy, hand-written ones, are quite simply that: hand-crafted. That means they're drawn by hand on paper (or whatever other medium you prefer.)

I made a script for my bowling team's shirts this season:

1.jpg

I quite simply wrote out the word, then redrew the shape thicker than what the pen-weight was and then I added in the details. It wasn't until I was done with my pencil-and-paper drawing (i.e. the completely finished product except for vectorization) that I started using Illustrator.

Just start drawing out your ideas. You'll get better with practice.

I posted that on your Requests thread. Don't know if you saw it over there. I also assumed you just wanted to see your name in script, as opposed to using the script as a personal logo. Take the above for what you will.

I think this could be very cool if you changed the colors based on the concept. So if you were making a Browns concept, you'd change the script to orange and brown.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

I think this could be very cool if you changed the colors based on the concept. So if you were making a Browns concept, you'd change the script to orange and brown.

Well, yea that's the idea. But at this point, I'm starting to lean towards the idea of DeF in a varsity block style. I still want to use the Nats script in some way however

potd 10/20/12

Archived