2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

Steve Levy ESPN Live from Vancouver, "Good evening everyone while there is trouble outside the arena in the streets..." priceless.

EDIT: ESPN showed a clip of what is happening outside of Vancouver. There was a bonfire and some guy is dancing in it.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Championship road game 7 winners:

NHL - 4

Bruins 2011 (Canucks)

Penguins 2009 (Red Wings)

Canadiens 1971 (Blackhawks)

Maple Leafs 1945 (Red Wings)

NBA - 3

Bullets 1978 (Sonics)

Celtics 1974 (Bucks)

Celtics 1969 (Lakers)

MLB - 16

Pirates 1979 (Orioles)

Reds 1975 (Red Sox)

A's 1972 (Reds)

Pirates 1971 (Orioles)

Tigers 1968 (Cardinals)

Cardinals 1967 (Red Sox)

Dodgers 1965 (Twins)

Yankees 1962 (Giants)

Yankees 1958 (Braves)

Braves 1957 (Yankees)

Yankees 1956 (Dodgers)

Dodgers 1955 (Yankees)

Yankees 1952 (Dodgers)

Tigers 1945 (Cubs)

Cardinals 1934 (Tigers)

Cardinals 1926 (Yankees)

Pirates 1909 (Tigers)

sig-1.png

Do not lump all Canucks fans in with the rioters. Hell, the only act of violence I committed involved a trimmer, razor, shaving cream, those little white sticks you heal cuts with, and my facial hair.

EDIT:

17 Years ago, this was an entirely different kind of city, and the VPD were crappy at handling large events. They've had almost two freaking decades to learn from that. I heard all the same crap before the Olympics and it amounted to nothing.

soundersbanner.png

So does Luongo get traded? Or is he the Alfonso Soriano of NHL bad contracts

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Do not lump all Canucks fans in with the rioters. Hell, the only act of violence I committed involved a trimmer, razor, shaving cream, those little white sticks you heal cuts with, and my facial hair.

Vicious mangling of facial hair! MURDERER!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Tim Thomas's favorite player: Mike Rusin (?)

EDIT: http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f18/whos-mike-rusin-133633/

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

So does Luongo get traded? Or is he the Alfonso Soriano of NHL bad contracts

Given his huge contract and his track record he's probably un-tradeable. It may sound drastic, but I say knock him down to the number two spot or send him down to whoever Vancouver's AHL affiliate is next season. Seriously. He just proved that he cannot win when the spotlight shines its brightest. If he can't do that then there's point keeping him in the starter's position. Nemi got canned for WINNING last year for what was seen as an underwhelming performance.

Cam Neely, you've got your Stanley Cup.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

tommy.jpg

SACK IT, CANADAH! OW-AH HAWKEY TAHM BRADY IS THE GREATEST GOALIE IN HISTORY! NO ONE DENIES THIS!

Coming from the guy who now has Dirk Nowitzki as his avatar after he won a championship, I'll consider that a compliment.

This is awesome. Congratulations to Mark Recchi for going out a winner. Congratulations to Cam Neely who never got the chance to win it as a player. Congratulations to Patrice Bergeron for a monster game, a few years after his future was sketchy because of a concussion. Congratulations to my fellow Bruins fans on here, gingerbreadmann, PurpleRush, speedy and anyone I forgot. Congratulations to the Boston Bruins for winning it all.

Very classy of the Canucks fans to cheer Lucic and for their PA guy to play Dirty Water.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

HOLY CRAP!

li-canucks-car-burning.jpg

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Coming from the guy who now has Dirk Nowitzki as his avatar after he won a championship, I'll consider that a compliment.

God forbid I celebrate a little bit when one of my favorite non-Clipper basketball players finally wins a title. It's not like I'm calling myself a Mavericks fan.

===================

Also, Canucks "fans" are about as pathetic as Lakers "fans" with the rioting.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

God forbid I celebrate a little bit when one of my favorite non-Clipper basketball players finally wins a title. It's not like I'm calling myself a Mavericks fan.

And God forbid you actually know anything about the fans and the city of Boston.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

HOLY CRAP!

li-canucks-car-burning.jpg

unledlxe.png

What the hell? Seriously?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Congratulations to my fellow Bruins fans on here, gingerbreadmann, PurpleRush, speedy and anyone I forgot. Congratulations to the Boston Bruins for winning it all.

Very classy of the Canucks fans to cheer Lucic and for their PA guy to play Dirty Water.

Yes it was classy. I thought that right away.

Congrats to you too. What a ride.

First Cup team to win 3 game sevens in one playoff year.

NESN showing the Bruins drinking champagne out of the Cup in the locker room.

Claude with his 5yr old daughter at the press table.

sig-1.png

I'm bummed for Manny Malhotra missing out on a well-deserved cup, but the rest of the Canucks proved themselves in this series. The right team won the finals. You score 3 times more goals than the other team then you deserve to win the series.

I've always liked Tim Thomas and I'm especially happy for him. He always seemed like a good dude, and a great example of a hard-working, never give up on your dreams hockey player. Congrats to him on the Stanley Cup and the Conn Smythe.

Another thing, they can't put a base on the conn smythe? Looks cheesy how you can see up through the bottom like that.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived