2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

Just got back from the future (I take the odd trip from time to time) and this is what happens. I won't give the number of games.

Round 1

Vancouver def Chicago

San Jose def Los Angeles

Detroit def Phoenix

Anahiem def Nashville

Washington def New York

Buffalo def Philadelphia

Boston def Montreal

Tampa Bay def Pittsburgh

Round 2

Vancouver def Anaheim

Detroit def San Jose

Buffalo def Washington

Boston def Tampa Bay

Round 3

Detroit def Vancouver

Boston def Buffalo

Finals

Detroit def Boston

The Catch of the Day!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#1 Washington vs. #8 NY Rangers - WAS in 4

#4 Pittsburgh vs. #5 Tampa Bay - TB in 6

#3 Boston vs. #6 Montreal - BOS in 7

#2 Philadelphia vs. #7 Buffalo - PHI in 5

#1 Vancouver vs. #8 Chicago - VAN in 7

#4 Anaheim vs. #5 Nashville - ANA in 7

#3 Detroit vs. #6 Phoenix - DET in 6

#2 San Jose vs. #7 Los Angeles - SJ in 5

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

My $0.02 worth:

CQF

EAST

(1) Washington vs. (8) NY Rangers - WSH in 6

(2) Philadelphia vs. (7) Buffalo - PHI in 6

(3) Boston vs. (6) Montreal - BOS in 5

(4) Pittsburgh vs. (5) Tampa Bay - TB in 6

WEST

(1) Vancouver vs. (8) Chicago - VAN in 6

(2) San Jose vs. (7) Los Angeles - LA in 7

(3) Detroit vs. (6) Phoenix - PHX in 7

(4) Anaheim vs. (5) Nashville - ANA in 7

CSF

EAST

(1) Washington vs. (5) Tampa Bay - WSH in 6

(2) Philadelphia vs. (3) Boston - BOS in 6

WEST

(1) Vancouver vs. (7) Los Angeles - VAN in 5

(4) Anaheim vs. (6) Phoenix - ANA in 6

CF

EAST

(1) Washington vs. (3) Boston - BOS in 7

WEST

(1) Vancouver vs. (4) Anaheim - VAN in 6

SCF

Vancouver vs. Boston - VAN in 6

My predictions, in the style of TrueYankee26.

?11 ?LEY CUP ?OFFS

?TERN ?RENCE

(1) ?Couver ?Nucks def. (8) ?Go ?Hawks

(2) San ?Se ?Arks def. (?Ven) Los ?Les ?Ings

(3) ?Troit Red ?Ings def. (6) ?Nix ?Yotes

(5) ?Ville ?Tors def. (4) ?Heim ?Ucks

?Nucks def. ?Tors

?Arks def. Red ?Ings

?Nucks def. ?Arks

?TERN ?RENCE

(1) ?Ington ?Tals def. (8) ?Ork ?Gers

(?Ven) ?Alo ?Bres def. (2) ?Phia ?Yers

(6) ?Treal ?Iens def. (3) ?Ston ?Ins

(4) ?Burgh ?Guins def. (5) ?Pa Bay ?Ning

?Tals def. ?Bres

?Guins def. ?Iens

?Guins def. ?Tals

?LEY CUP ?SHIP: ?Couver ?Nucks def. ?Burgh ?Guins

Ducks in 7: to me, this series is all about defiance. Ryan Getzlaf is defying the male pattern baldness which consumes more and more of his head. Corey Perry is defying his peers in the National Hockey League by not letting each and every one of them punch him in the face. Teemu Selanne is defying the inexorable march of time and the urge to do a wishy-washy retirement act. The Nashville Predators are defying the mathematical concept of ordinal numeration by having four fourth lines. However, the Ducks are the superior team.

I'd like to amend this. By pythagorean expectation and adjusting for shootouts and loser points, the Ducks are the luckiest team in the field, overachieving by about nine or ten points and then slapping on another seven points for trying hard. Predators in 7. One way or the other, the series will take all seven game and feel like it took thirteen. Barf.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

#1 Washington vs. #8 NY Rangers - Rangers in 7.

#4 Pittsburgh vs. #5 Tampa Bay - Tampa Bay in 7.

#3 Boston vs. #6 Montreal - Montreal in 6.

#2 Philadelphia vs. #7 Buffalo - Philadelphia in 5.

#1 Vancouver vs. #8 Chicago - Chicago in 7.

#4 Anaheim vs. #5 Nashville - Anaheim in 6.

#3 Detroit vs. #6 Phoenix - Detroit in 6.

#2 San Jose vs. #7 Los Angeles - San Jose in 6.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Caps > Rangers in 6

Lightning > Penguins in 7

Bruins > Canadiens in 6

Flyers > Sabres in 5

Nucks > Hawks in 7

Preds > Ducks in 7

Yotes > Red Wings in 6

Sharks > Kings in 6

Caps > Lightning in 6

Bruins > Flyers in 7

Canucks > Coyotes in 5

Preds > Sharks in 7

Bruins > Caps in 7

Canucks > Preds in 6

Bruins > Canucks in 6

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Here's mine. They're kind of ho-hum, and I'm probably not taking a lot of risks.

VAN 3 CHI 4 | WSH 2 NYR 4 |

SJS 4 LAK 1 | PHI 1 BUF 4 |

DET 4 PHX 1 | BOS 2 MTL 4 |

ANA 4 NSH 2 | PIT 4 TBL 3 |

SJS 3 CHI 4 | PIT 4 NYR 2 |

DET 4 ANA 3 | MTL 3 BUF 4 |

DET 4 CHI 2 | BUF 3 PIT 4 |

CUP FINAL: DET 4 PIT 2

Western Conference:

Vancouver over Chicago in 6

San Jose over Los Angeles in 7

Detroit over Phoenix in 7

Anaheim over Nashville in 5

Eastern Conference:

Washington over New York in 6

Philadelphia over Buffalo in 6

Boston over Montreal in 7

Tampa Bay over Pittsburgh in 7

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

SERIES H #4 Ducks vs. #5 Predators

Wednesday, April 13 at Anaheim, 10:30 p.m. TSN

Friday, April 15 at Anaheim, 10:30 p.m. TSN

Sunday, April 17 at Nashville, 6:00 p.m. TSN

Wednesday, April 20 at Nashville, 8:30 p.m. TSN

*Friday, April 22 at Anaheim, 10:00 p.m. TSN

*Sunday, April 24 at Nashville, TBD TSN

*Tuesday, April 26 at Anaheim, TBD TSN

We need a national footprint in the United States so that we can air games nationally. But only in Canada.

Kinda late to the party on this one, but I think it's pretty neat that the most exciting series' in the first round could be both of the 1/8 matchups. And to echo a sentiment from earlier in the thread, I'll pick the Blackhawks over the Canucks every year until the Canucks prove me wrong...or until they don't meet in the playoffs.

The Blackhawks are +32 in goal differential. To be third in the conference in that statistic but eighth in record indicates that they were an extremely unlucky team this year. Having watched this season bears the numbers out; there were bushels of bad bounces going against the Hawks this year, and lots of painful one-goal regulation losses. Besides bad luck, their biggest problem was that they could never get production from the core and depth at the same time. We had a stretch where Bryan Bickell and Jake Dowell played as well as any of their predecessors while Duncan Keith was completely out to lunch, and then Toews/Kane/Sharp/Hossa started playing extremely well when the third and fourth lines couldn't do anything right. If they can synchronize themselves heading into Wednesday--and get Dave Bolland back, I cannot stress this enough--then who's to say they can't hang tough for six games and catch a break in the seventh.

The Blackhawks are +32 in goal differential. To be third in the conference in that statistic but eighth in record indicates that they were an extremely unlucky team this year. Having watched this season bears the numbers out; there were bushels of bad bounces going against the Hawks this year, and lots of painful one-goal regulation losses. Besides bad luck, their biggest problem was that they could never get production from the core and depth at the same time. We had a stretch where Bryan Bickell and Jake Dowell played as well as any of their predecessors while Duncan Keith was completely out to lunch, and then Toews/Kane/Sharp/Hossa started playing extremely well when the third and fourth lines couldn't do anything right. If they can synchronize themselves heading into Wednesday--and get Dave Bolland back, I cannot stress this enough--then who's to say they can't hang tough for six games and catch a break in the seventh.

This is the biggest thing to me, I think. Thats 10 or so points left on the table by not forcing games into OT. If they squeak a few by in the last minute, things would be far less worrisome. Also, Keith better get his balls back for the playoffs.This entire past month he's been afraid to shoot the puck. Hes not the most offensive minded D-man, but hes become so skittish with the puck. Its aggravating. Still, this should be an interesting series, and I am actually not expecting them to get throttled

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

My predictions, and my guesses as to how the series will turn out how they do and the reasons why:

Quarterfinals:

Rangers > Capitals in 6 (Capitals will choke, and Lundqvist will play well)

Flyers > Sabres in 7 (Flyers will start out badly, then wake up and come back)

Canadiens > Bruins in 7 (Close-fought series, but Habs will win. History has my back on this one)

Lightning > Penguins in 5 (Stamkos, Lecavalier and St Louis will prove unstoppable against a short-handed Pens team)

Canucks > Blackhawks in 4 (Hawks will try, but the Canucks have all the firepower this year and will crush them)

Kings > Sharks in 6 (Sharks will choke yet again, and Kings will overcome not having Kopitar)

Coyotes > Red Wings in 7 (In a major upset, the Yotes will beat the Wings by riding on the back of Bryzgalov)

Ducks > Predators in 5 (Ducks will end up using 3 goalies in the five games, with Emery rising to the occasion to win 3, 4 and 5)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Semifinals:

Lightning > Canadiens in 4 (Once again, the big guns will come out to play; the Canadiens will cower before their almighty wrath)

Flyers > Rangers in 5 (Flyers will use the momentum from the last series to steamroll the Blueshirts)

Canucks > Kings in 6 (After a couple surprise losses to the weaker Kings, the Canucks will win 4 in a row)

Ducks > Coyotes in 4 (The fairytale ends here for the Coyotes, who will play their last game in the desert)

Conference Finals:

Lightning > Flyers in 7 (The Flyers keep rolling, starting off the series by shutting down the Lightning scorers with a lot of hard-checking, but the Lightning eventually adjust to take this high-offense series)

Canucks > Ducks in 4 (The Canucks take the Ducks very seriously after the losses in the last round to the Kings. Despite two very powerful offenses, the defence and goalies own this series, with Luongo and Emery both allowing fewer than 8 total goals each in the entire series)

Stanley Cup Finals

Canucks > Lightning in 6 (The Sedins and Luongo lead the team over the Lightning to win their first Stanley Cup, but not before Steven Stamkos puts his mark on things. This Finals will go down as one of the most exciting in history, with Henrik Sedin being selected as the Conn Smythe Trophy winner)

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

SERIES H #4 Ducks vs. #5 Predators

Wednesday, April 13 at Anaheim, 10:30 p.m. TSN

Friday, April 15 at Anaheim, 10:30 p.m. TSN

Sunday, April 17 at Nashville, 6:00 p.m. TSN

Wednesday, April 20 at Nashville, 8:30 p.m. TSN

*Friday, April 22 at Anaheim, 10:00 p.m. TSN

*Sunday, April 24 at Nashville, TBD TSN

*Tuesday, April 26 at Anaheim, TBD TSN

We need a national footprint in the United States so that we can air games nationally. But only in Canada.

Enough. We get it. You don't like this series. Too bad. It's happening. Tough cookies.

And Game 5 on April 22nd in Anaheim was added to Versus' schedule according to the Ducks website.

As far as the broadcasts, it's tough when you have the Canucks/Hawks, Sharks/Kings, and Red Wings/Coyotes series all playing games in the Pacific time zone, and all the other games in Nashville's time zone all trying to get time on the same station in Versus. Would I like my team to get national exposure? Sure I would, but the Blackhawks, Red Wings, and hell even the Canucks and Sharks getting better ratings than the Ducks would. It's something I've learned to deal with.

I've always had the thought that I know the Ducks won't draw national ratings, but I could really care less. I get to watch my team, and if they're good enough, they'll get their share of national exposure in Conference/Stanley Cup Finals.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Only doing first round predictions for now

East

1. Washington over 8. New York in 5

7. Buffalo over 2. Philadelphia in 6

3. Boston over 6. Montreal in 6

4. Pittsburgh over 5. Tampa Bay in 6

West

1. Vancouver over 8. Chicago in 7

7. Los Angeles over 2. San Jose in 6

3. Detroit over 6. Phoenix in 6

4. Anaheim over 5. Nashville in 5

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Archived