SERIES H #4 Ducks vs. #5 Predators

Wednesday, April 13 at Anaheim, 10:30 p.m. TSN

Friday, April 15 at Anaheim, 10:30 p.m. TSN

Sunday, April 17 at Nashville, 6:00 p.m. TSN

Wednesday, April 20 at Nashville, 8:30 p.m. TSN

*Friday, April 22 at Anaheim, 10:00 p.m. TSN

*Sunday, April 24 at Nashville, TBD TSN

*Tuesday, April 26 at Anaheim, TBD TSN

We need a national footprint in the United States so that we can air games nationally. But only in Canada.

Enough. We get it. You don't like this series. Too bad. It's happening. Tough cookies.

Hey, look. I am a survivor of Nashville Predators Playoff Hockey. In a few weeks, you will be too. Let's see what kind of game you're talking after you've been through game after game of the Preds' patented five-man penalty kill. At any rate, it's still funny that this series is more readily available in Canada than it is in any American place that isn't Los Angeles or Nashville.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And this newfound faith in Luongo in the playoffs comes from where exactly?

Personally it comes from; his new style, less responsibility, new goalie coach, and much more stable emotions.

Oh, also, from Vancouver having the least goals against in the league despite never having its top six D together until the last week of the year.

Ballard and Salo are a hell of a third pairing. It is much easier for Roberto to be relaxed without the likes of Shane O'Brien, or last year's version of Andrew Alberts out there playing critical minutes.

My friends going to Rangers-Caps game 3 or 4. I really think they could give the Caps a series, maybe push it to 6 or 7 games.

Considering Washington's past history in the playoffs? It wouldn't surprise me to see the Rangers win the series.

I can't get a read on the Rangers. Lots of shootout wins make them appear deceptively good, but their goal differential also suggests they're really unlucky in regulation/overtime.

As much as I'd like my girlfriend to be happy about the Canucks winning the Cup, I think their gawdy stats are misleading because of the terrible division they played in. The Canucks scream "2010 Capitals' Playoff Run" to me, for some reason. I think the Canadian media attention will overwelm them with the "Bring the Cup home to Canada!" stuff at some point.

Capitals over Rangers in 6

Flyers over Sabres in 6

Canadiens over Bruins in 7

Lightning over Penguins in 6

Canucks over Blackhawks in 7

Sharks over Kings in 5

Red Wings over Coyotes in 6

Predators over Ducks in 6

Capitals over Canadiens in 6

Flyers over Lightning in 7

Canucks over Predators in 6

Sharks over Red Wings in 7

ECF: Flyers over Capitals in 6

WCF: Sharks over Canucks in 6

SCF: Sharks over Flyers in 7

But if you look at things, the Canucks still tend to :censored: the bed when playing say, Minnesota or Colorado.

That being said, President's Trophy + Chicago in the first round = Detroit going to the Finals. Maybe next year.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

And another year of people picking the Sharks to win the Stanley Cup. Don't get me wrong, it's been fun to do that since about 2003, but at some point, will we ever learn?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

But if you look at things, the Canucks still tend to :censored: the bed when playing say, Minnesota or Colorado.

That being said, President's Trophy + Chicago in the first round = Detroit going to the Finals. Maybe next year.

What reason do we have to believe that this year's Detroit team is in a better position than last year's to make the finals?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Take that kind of talk over to the political thread, chump. This here is where we discuss the Canucks folding like a Chinese laundrywoman.

You're not talking like this so you can pull a "See I told ya, See!", if they flame out? :P

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Here's my full insanity. HAhahAhahAhaha:

Eastern Conference Quarterfinals

1 WAS vs. 8 NYR: WAS def. NYR 4-2

4 PIT vs. 5 TBL: TBL def. PIT 4-1

3 BOS vs. 6 MTL: BOS def. MTL 4-3

2 PHI vs. 7 BUF: BUF def. PHI 4-2

Western Conference Quarterfinals

1 VAN vs. 8 CHI: CHI def. VAN 4-2

4 ANA vs. 5 NSH: NSH def. ANA 4-3

3 DET vs. 6 PHX: PHX def. DET 4-3

2 SJS vs. 7 LAK: LAK def. SJS 4-2

Eastern Conference Semifinals

1 WAS vs. 7 BUF: WAS def. BUF 4-2

3 BOS vs. 5 TBL: BOS def. TBL 4-2

Western Conference Semifinals

5 NSH vs. 8 CHI: CHI def. NSH 4-3

6 PHX vs. 7 LAK: PHX def. LAK 4-2

Eastern Conference Finals

1 WAS vs. 3 BOS: BOS def. WAS 4-2

Western Conference Finals

6 PHX vs. 8 CHI: PHX def. CHI 4-3

Stanley Cup Finals

3 BOS vs. 6 PHX: BOS def. PHX 4-1

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

How do you have the Capitals losing in the 1st round but making it to the Eastern Finals?

How do i have them losing in the first round?

You is dumb.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Take that kind of talk over to the political thread, chump. This here is where we discuss the Canucks folding like a Chinese laundrywoman.

You're not talking like this so you can pull a "See I told ya, See!", if they flame out? :P

After being a Jets fan for 25 years, you learn to hold playoff expectations low.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

And another year of people picking the Sharks to win the Stanley Cup. Don't get me wrong, it's been fun to do that since about 2003, but at some point, will we ever learn?

The Sharks are 13-10 at home since the lockout. Are we still sticking with the whole Shark-Tank-is-so-intimidating narrative? That's not really a very impressive record for a team that's had a pretty high seed most of those years (counting backwards it's 1, 1, 2, 5, 5).

my predictions

1 Washington 4 #8 NY Rangers 3

#5 Tampa Bay 4 #4 Pittsburgh 1

#6 Montreal 4 #3 Boston 2

#7 Buffalo 4 #2 Philly 1

Western Conference Quarterfinals

#1 Vancouver 4 #8 Chicago 0

#5 Nashville 4 #4 Anaheim 2

#6 Phoenix 4 #3 Detroit 2

#7 Los Angeles 4 #2 San Jose 3

wrb141.jpgnbahoopscardszxzx01.png

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Im Abby.. nice to meet you

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

SERIES H #4 Ducks vs. #5 Predators

Wednesday, April 13 at Anaheim, 10:30 p.m. TSN

Friday, April 15 at Anaheim, 10:30 p.m. TSN

Sunday, April 17 at Nashville, 6:00 p.m. TSN

Wednesday, April 20 at Nashville, 8:30 p.m. TSN

*Friday, April 22 at Anaheim, 10:00 p.m. TSN

*Sunday, April 24 at Nashville, TBD TSN

*Tuesday, April 26 at Anaheim, TBD TSN

We need a national footprint in the United States so that we can air games nationally. But only in Canada.

Enough. We get it. You don't like this series. Too bad. It's happening. Tough cookies.

Hey, look. I am a survivor of Nashville Predators Playoff Hockey. In a few weeks, you will be too. Let's see what kind of game you're talking after you've been through game after game of the Preds' patented five-man penalty kill. At any rate, it's still funny that this series is more readily available in Canada than it is in any American place that isn't Los Angeles or Nashville.

I'm not doubting the actual style of the Predators. If a team's game is almost always more simplified and broken down to it's core in the playoffs, I fully dread watching the Predators sitting back and trying to swallow up Getzlaf/Perry/Ryan (plus Selanne and Visnovsky), spit them into the neutral zone, and catch a bored Emery/Ellis (or woozy Hiller) with a shot.

Luckily the season series of Ducks/Preds has some asterisks to it on the Ducks side. First game was the 3rd game of the year on a back-to-back, and really I just wipe those first three games out of my memory. This is nowhere near the team that opened the season. 2nd game the Ducks won was way back in November and was only 5-4, and again a completely different team between then and now. 3rd game was a few days after the Getzlaf injury and the Ducks were still kind of reeling. 4th game is interesting. It was Hiller's first start after his lengthy bout with vertigo and he was nowhere near ready, looked as out of place as any goalie could look, and got pulled after being down 3-0. Then Ellis came in the the Ducks nearly won coming back with a 5-4 score.

It'll be an interesting series, if the Ducks can get the early advantage and that RPG line keeps on dominating. Watching Nashville have to fight from behind could give the series a little bit of spice, I guess.

As far as it being readily available, again it's a deal because of Versus being the only option on US TV and it's hard to fit every series on one channel. And those that are actually interested in watching the Ducks or Predators probably have Center Ice anyway and can watch the Anaheim or Nashville coverage.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived