2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

Sedin must have a Reggie Miller jersey on underneath his sweater. What a tool. Refs no-call a Canuck high stick and late hit yet they give Seabrook a penalty for patting Sedin on the shoulder because he took a dive. *sigh* sour grapes maybe. I dunno.

You're fetching buddy. The Lappiere high stick was not clear enough to be a penalty. Remember this is the playoffs, the refs want to make a little impact as possible, they try to just call really obvious penalties. The Seabrook hit was at least 5 seconds late, and he made little attempt to play the puck. That was clearly a penalty.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weren't we just talking about how the Rangers hadn't lost a game all year when leading after 2 periods? The playoffs are a different animal, indeed. Still though, this will not be an easy series for Washington.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Lappiere high stick was not clear enough to be a penalty. Remember this is the playoffs, the refs want to make a little impact as possible, they try to just call really obvious penalties.

It was clear enough that lots of Hawks fans were immediately buttsore over the non-call.

Changing the style of officiating in the postseason has always been one of the NHL's bigger flaws. You can't make a big show out of how you're going to take obstruction and dirty stick work out of the game and then stop doing it because Playoff Intensity. If you like it this way, then have February Intensity, too.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Lappiere high stick was not clear enough to be a penalty. Remember this is the playoffs, the refs want to make a little impact as possible, they try to just call really obvious penalties.

It was clear enough that lots of Hawks fans were immediately buttsore over the non-call.

Changing the style of officiating in the postseason has always been one of the NHL's bigger flaws. You can't make

a big show out of how you're going to take obstruction and dirty stick work out of the game and then stop doing it because Playoff Intensity. If you like it this way, then have February Intensity, too.

It seemed like they called quite a bit in the PHX-DET game(The Yotes couldn't take advantage of it early)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Weren't we just talking about how the Rangers hadn't lost a game all year when leading after 2 periods? The playoffs are a different animal, indeed. Still though, this will not be an easy series for Washington.

Except the game was still scoreless after two. The Rangers goal came a minute into the third.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Hawks played a much stronger 2nd period, but Luongo is playing out of his mind. Couple that with lady luck not smiling on a few Blackhawk shots and they're gonna have a hell of a time scoring 1 goal tonight, much less tying things up or god forbid, win.

*sad chuckle*

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I honestly couldn't name more than 4 Nashville Predators off the top of my head (Rinne, Weber, Suter, then O'Brien because he was a Duck).

What in the hell is going on? Who in God's name are the Ducks losing to?

3-0. And they've sprung the trap <_<

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

3-0. And they've sprung the trap <_<

It'll be over soon. Don't let this destroy your love of the game.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

istockphoto_8458138-ace-of-spades-with-skull-playing-card.jpg

I'm calling that a spade. Blackhawks were simply manhandled physically and shutdown by a goaltender on a mission.

If blackhawks want to make a series of this they have to simply play better and not let themselves be pushed around.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I did find it odd that Brian Engblom was talking about Dave Bolland as if he were traded or dead, when he's still just skating the rust off. Friday would be nice, since I think Ryan Johnson is dead.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived