Toronto Blue Jays Primary Logo Concept

Generic

Hey guys! I just was bored and have been wanting to do up a logo for the Blue Jays for quite awhile. As you can tell, three of the shapes are like the current primary 'Jay' as I did model it around it.

Updated

tooooronto.png

Original

itsbluejays.png

Thoughts, constructive criticism, or anything else in regards to this would be great.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

I'd like to see the dark blue be a little darker. Not a criticism, more of a "might look even better". The logo itself is fantastic.

I wish TPTB would check out this board. The professional people they actually hire never cook up good stuff like this.

I really like this. You have a lot of really sharp lines, then a lot of round lines in the white area. I would try to give a little more sharpness to that area. The angry eyebrow looks ok, but I'd like to see a version without it. Also if you could add a baseball around it like the original I think it would look great. Great start though.

I'd like to see the dark blue be a little darker. Not a criticism, more of a "might look even better". The logo itself is fantastic.

I wish TPTB would check out this board. The professional people they actually hire never cook up good stuff like this.

very true. there"s stuff here that"s ten times better then the real stuff. but it will never be used out on the field <_<

wrb141.jpgnbahoopscardszxzx01.png

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Im Abby.. nice to meet you

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

I like it. It's simple, but it works. Sadly I can't see the jays using it, but if they had a AAA called the blue jays it would be perfect. Kinda like the New Jersey Devils with their minor league teams, only your is better cause its not a "devil shaped letter"

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I really, REALLY like this! It's a great combination of the original and current Blue Jays logos. Only thing I would do is clean up some of the lines so they curve more naturally instead of having the bumpiness on some of them.

Thanks everyone! I tried to edge up the white of the Blue Jay but did maintain one part close to the mouth to keep balance with the number of curves already within the logo. Also cleaned some of the lines up to be smoother.

Updated

itsbluejays.png

Thoughts, constructive criticism, or anything else in regards to this would be great.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Thanks everyone! I tried to edge up the white of the Blue Jay but did maintain one part close to the mouth to keep balance with the number of curves already within the logo. Also cleaned some of the lines up to be smoother.

Updated

itsbluejays.png

The shape is just a little odd. The beak just doesn't seem pronounced enough, and that's partially contributing to the bottom left quadrant being awkward. If you take off the bird's top feathers (the light blue part on the top) it just looks like an odd shape that was forced to look like a bird. If you look at the beak in the current logo (which is far from perfect) you'll see that the angle is a little more realistic and aggressive (which isn't required, but it's clear that you're going for a slightly aggressive look here) and the bottom half of the beak has definition due to the dark gray. Yours just looks like half his beak got ripped off. It's close, but needs some work.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived