Tips for applying stickers

Moseph

I just painted a hard hat yellow and now I want to put my Redskin block "R" helmet stickers on it. The only problem is the hardhat curves in a couple of directions and I have only ever put stickers on flat surfaces. Is there an easy way to put these on? I don't want to ruin my stickers or the hardhat. Thanks.

SouthParkBaseballOriolespngsmall.png

I'd also clearcoat over the helmet to lock the decal on so it won't peel. I did this when I did a design project on my son's Power Wheels truck.

Just use very light coats (just dustings) so you don't over saturate the edges of the sticker, apply the next coat before the previous one dries, so about 15 minutes apart.

After at least 6 or 7 coats, let it sit for a week to cure...then it will be indestructible, the paint won't chip and the sticker won't peal, it will all be locked down.

I like Rustoleum Crystal Clear Enamel.

87Redskins.png

• 2 weeks later...

I put them on backwards because I wear the hardhat backwards. My dad works for Verizon and him and his buddies always wore them that way at work. I have a regular store bought Skins hardhat that I wear backwards but then the logos are facing the wrong, so I figured I would switch it around so that way the will face to the front when it is on my head.

SouthParkBaseballOriolespngsmall.png

Archived