When Worlds Collide. NBA on Hockey

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl

I know I have a NBA Redesign series going on. but that has hit a stand still. while im figuring that out. Ive seen that other designers have been putting sports teams on other sports templates. so I thought I would try one myself. I decided to do NBA on Hockey. first concept was the Jazz. hope it turned out ok.

2yxete8.png

note. I edited the basketball part of the Jazz logo to make it look more like a hockey puck

note this has become a series,.. hope you enjoy

Team"s Done

Utah Jazz - April 10th (1st page)

Miami Heat - April 12th (2nd Page)

Philadelphia 76ers - April 14th (4th Page)

wrb141.jpgnbahoopscardszxzx01.png

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Im Abby.. nice to meet you

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You only edited it on the back logo, not on the wordmark logo on the chest.

That said, I've seen worse on here... umm, the main things would be illegible dark-on-dark numbers on the blue jersey, general sloppiness, and perhaps not enough white on the white jersey.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

You only edited it on the back logo, not on the wordmark logo on the chest.

That said, I've seen worse on here... umm, the main things would be illegible dark-on-dark numbers on the blue jersey, general sloppiness, and perhaps not enough white on the white jersey.

updated

edit: I might turn this into a series if I get good comments.

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

Numbers on the front, gross.

What?

Numbers on the front of a hockey jersey is a pretty big design faux pas, especially right square on the front (the shoulder is okay, see Buffalo).

Now I think the previous Jazz logo would have looked great on a hockey jersey...

First of all, this is much better than your basketball concepts. Except for the fact that you forgot to color in the yoke piping on the back and side panels on the front of the white jersey, there's no sloppiness to be found. Well done! :)

Firstly, I would try to make the puck look a little more 3-dimensional, as it looks strange as just a black circle. I would also remove the back logo and use a straight nameplate instead of an arched one. Also, you should get rid of the front numbers. Regardless, this actually looks like more time was taken on it, so keep working and make it even better.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

This is a nice start.

I don't agree with others that numbers should never be on the front of a hockey jersey ? if it's done in a more collegiate style, I think it can look fantastic. In this case, though, I would probably take the numbers off and just run the logo larger on the front.

On the back, I do agree that the logo above the nameplate needs to go. It's too big and pushes the name and number too far down the back of the jersey (both of which should be larger, also). If you're really keen on just using the J-note, try it as a shoulder patch.

I would also advocate using a little more yellow to break up the navy blue and dark green. Those two colours are tending to run into each other and make the whole thing look a little drab, but a small amount of yellow used as trim could really liven it up. Don't go overboard, though.

This is a nice start.

I don't agree with others that numbers should never be on the front of a hockey jersey ? if it's done in a more collegiate style, I think it can look fantastic. In this case, though, I would probably take the numbers off and just run the logo larger on the front.

On the back, I do agree that the logo above the nameplate needs to go. It's too big and pushes the name and number too far down the back of the jersey (both of which should be larger, also). If you're really keen on just using the J-note, try it as a shoulder patch.

I would also advocate using a little more yellow to break up the navy blue and dark green. Those two colours are tending to run into each other and make the whole thing look a little drab, but a small amount of yellow used as trim could really liven it up. Don't go overboard, though.

updated once nore. logo on the back removed and reworked into a third jersey. and I added a little yellow to liven it up

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

I hate the YANKEESS

Getting better. I'd take the music notes off the hem - they're unnecessary. Also, you should move the front crest down, and remove the logo on the back.

hmm first comments on the music notes.. I used them as more of a experimential thing.. trying to make the jerseys look cooler. and I removed the logo on the back and reworked it into a third jersey

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

I hate the YANKEESS

First of all, this is much better than your basketball concepts. Except for the fact that you forgot to color in the yoke piping on the back and side panels on the front of the white jersey, there's no sloppiness to be found. Well done! :)

Firstly, I would try to make the puck look a little more 3-dimensional, as it looks strange as just a black circle. I would also remove the back logo and use a straight nameplate instead of an arched one. Also, you should get rid of the front numbers. Regardless, this actually looks like more time was taken on it, so keep working and make it even better.

1. what do you mean by that???

2. how can you do that in paint?

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

I hate the YANKEESS

2. how can you do that in paint?

It's been awhile since I use Paint but I think there's a few line tools, one of them makes the line curvy. Use yellow, grey, or white for the line to add more depth. Hopefully that helps you.

This is just an idea and it might be a terrible one, but i thought I'd atleast suggest it...what if you used a hockey puck with a hockey stick as the "base" of the j? Maybe, maybe not. Looks good though!

good idea. but im not talented enough to make that work. but good idea. so wow everyone generally likes this concept. it shocks me. I thought I was terrible maybe Ill turn this into a series. and ditch my nba rebrand series.

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

I hate the YANKEESS

Archived