When Worlds Collide. NBA on Hockey

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl

There needs to be more of a blend/transition between the red and yellow. Hell, you might want to make the entire flame red (and maybe outline the logo in yellow) and call it a day. That's going to be pretty hard to blend.

Also, the shoulder patches on all those Heat unis are upside-down.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There needs to be more of a blend/transition between the red and yellow. Hell, you might want to make the entire flame red (and maybe outline the logo in yellow) and call it a day. That's going to be pretty hard to blend.

Also, the shoulder patches on all those Heat unis are upside-down.

1. ive tried several options to blend them. but they said tape it. and the options I tried to blend it looked gawdy.

2. actually did that. they said it didnt look like a flame. it looked like a red blob.

3. yeah

4. no there not.. there suppose to be like shoulder patches. that"s how they would go in real life. right?

wrb141.jpgnbahoopscardszxzx01.png

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Im Abby.. nice to meet you

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

The shoulder patch is upside down think about if it was on your shoulder and your arm was down and someone else was looking at it.

The logo is bad at best (not trying to be mean but maybe you should start over i agree that the flame should be one color for this concept with a yellow outline.

The jerseys are actually really good my only suggestion would be make all the jerseys the same, the front panel on the two colored jerseys is just in the front and the white has it going under the arms. The white looks just plain out of place with the other two but IMHO it actually looks better so make the front panel of the red and black jersey match with the white one.

Overall i give this Heat concept a B but it would be an A if the logo was different, keep working at it and you will get better as you already have.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

UPDATES!

Logo updated. flame made red. outline yellow (I think it looks badass as hell)

Shoulder patches updated to new logo. moved to correct eye posistions

uniforms made in a more steamlined style.

hope you like. and thanks for all the positive comments and feedback. it"s good too know that you people think im a good designer. when I thought I was horrible. but you know what. I wanna be great.!!!!

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

now time for the team everyone want"s to take there talents too. South Beach baby! hockey style. I tried to keep the look simple and clean. hope I did well. i Made a white home. a red away (I always thought the Red Alternate with Miami on it looked good) and a black alternate with the MH flaming heat logo, I also edited the main logo to make the basketball look like a hockey puck. including a bigger version for a good look. its features on all three jerseys as shoulder patches. hope you like

MIAMI HEAT

Logo

10xrin4.png

Uniforms

jpaf7o.png

quoted this so people can see this without having to go to the second page

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

I hate the YANKEESS

Definitely an upgrade, but the puck still doesn't look right. You should try basing it off the Avalanche logo to try to make it look less like a circle with no depht.

yeah. but that"s kinda hard when the puck is the main piece of the logo. got any ideas?

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

I hate the YANKEESS

Wow, major upgrade on everything. Nice job. I agree with anythinglogos that the puck might look better in 3d. I don't think doing that would be as hard as you think it would. You could even just search for a 3d image of a puck and model it after that. But of course that all depends how much time you want to put into this.

What I would recommend though, is, if you are going to leave it as a birds-eye-view of the puck, then you need to make the puck a perfect circle (especially around the top right).

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I made a small update. attempted at making the puck more round.. and off all the picks of Hockey pucks I found on the net. all of them were solid black or had a white circle. I thought about adding a white circle and the MH heat logo in it. but im not sure if it would work, other then that. no clue on the 3ding part .

still thanks for the comments guys. I guess you get better at this game when time goes on.

i mean here"s the first concept I ever made

aloivq.png

yeah. I know. meant to be more of a joke posting this and see how I have improved since 7 months ago when I made that. I thought I was horrible but you guys have changed my opinion of my skills.

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

I hate the YANKEESS

Okay ... I've never attempted to create a logo, so I have no idea how difficult it must be ... but your puck is entirely the wrong shape (ie. the bottom line should be round, not square) and your flame seems to be coming out of the puck at a very strange angle ... it should be coming off the back edge as if the puck has been hit and is flying by.

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

Okay ... I've never attempted to create a logo, so I have no idea how difficult it must be ... but your puck is entirely the wrong shape (ie. the bottom line should be round, not square) and your flame seems to be coming out of the puck at a very strange angle ... it should be coming off the back edge as if the puck has been hit and is flying by.

I fixed that. and I cant find the right line placement to make the puck look round

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

I hate the YANKEESS

Seriously, either grab and use some clip art, or at the very least, look at actual pucks.

Also, you need to work smarter, not harder. How much time did you spend trying to manually make a black circle in the previous logo, when all you have to do is hold down shift, then click and drag?

What kind of PC do you have that every attempt to download a program "crashes" your computer? I don't mean this as an insult, but being a novice to this, you need better tools to help you. Right now it's like using a screwdriver to hammer in a nail. Yeah you can probably do it eventually, but it's going to take forever, and it won't look pretty.

Use some thing like this clip art h-flame.jpg or this 34519-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Hockey-Stick-Hitting-A-Flaming-Hockey-Puck.jpg or even the Calgary Flames logo 50.gif

as a reference for a flame and 3D hockey puck and take you time (like a few days or weeks) to try and perfect it instead of making updates ever ten minutes or so.

3535rx3.jpg

Use some thing like this clip art h-flame.jpg or this 34519-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Hockey-Stick-Hitting-A-Flaming-Hockey-Puck.jpg or even the Calgary Flames logo 50.gif

as a reference for a flame and 3D hockey puck and take you time (like a few days or weeks) to try and perfect it instead of making updates ever ten minutes or so.

I get what your saying guys. but im not talented enough. the clip art will look wierd. im sorry. I also tried doing the flames myself. LOOKED HORRIBLE. I wanted to base the logo of the Heat logo. like I did with the Jazz. the bird eye"s view one looked ten times better then any 3d sideview one I can make. and I dont wanna take 3 weeks to do this damn logo and postpone all my other concepts. sorry guys. dont try to be mean. just saying. love your C&C. makes me a better artist. even know im horrible. Ill weigh my options. and re do the logo. edit whatever. im just glad I got supporters.

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

I hate the YANKEESS

Getting better takes patience and practice. If you don't want to put forth the time and effort to put out quality work, then don't expect much positive reaction to your concepts. I know you want to crank through more concepts, but if they aren't well thought out, and lack quality, then what is the point?

I am blunt and to the point, please don't mistake that for being mean. You obviously have an interest in doing stuff like this. If you want to keep at it, then you will need to keep pushing yourself to improve. The people here can be great motivators. It's easy to take criticism personally, because judging your work feels like a judgement of you. It's not. Keep at it and I think you can make great strides.

As far as the jerseys, there are a number of things you can try. You could incorporate more yellow, add stripes, etc. Right now it looks incomplete for a hockey jersey, IMO.

Getting better takes patience and practice. If you don't want to put forth the time and effort to put out quality work, then don't expect much positive reaction to your concepts. I know you want to crank through more concepts, but if they aren't well thought out, and lack quality, then what is the point?

I am blunt and to the point, please don't mistake that for being mean. You obviously have an interest in doing stuff like this. If you want to keep at it, then you will need to keep pushing yourself to improve. The people here can be great motivators. It's easy to take criticism personally, because judging your work feels like a judgement of you. It's not. Keep at it and I think you can make great strides.

As far as the jerseys, there are a number of things you can try. You could incorporate more yellow, add stripes, etc. Right now it looks incomplete for a hockey jersey, IMO.

ehh nice words. makes alot of sense. I am tending too take the C&C a little too personally. but I keep working at it.. on the jerseys . ehh I am not good at drawing stipes. I thought the yellow would be too gawdy. Im overall happy with the jersey.

I see what you mean. you just have to keep working at it and ill get better. even know Im horrible, and Ill make some decent concepts. I hope to be a fruitful and respected concept maker. Ill keep working at this concept-making and hopefully get pretty good. I would like to thank everyone for pointing the flaws my sorry ass has at this concept making. ^_^^_^ . hopefully this series will be fruitful.. and I think ill be doing the 76ers after I get done with the Heat (im going in no particular order)

and I get what you mean by taking time. but I have alot of ideas of concepts and I dont want to spend 5 monts working on one concept . I wanna keep the ball rolling if you know what I mean. but try and keep the quality too of course.

I mean look at the first concept I ever made (the Thrashers one I posted a few posts up.) look how far ive come.. but im still horrible. lol

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

I hate the YANKEESS

Archived