New York Islanders Concept- Updated!

nash61

When the Islanders originally rolled out the Fishsticks set, they went a little overboard with their idea of "wave striping" The Ducks, however, got it right. Here's the result of a combination of the two.

Gortons.png

C&C?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Good work! I hate the Islanders' actual jerseys because they are uninspired, ugly and boring pieces of crap. Their Fishsticks jerseys had their downsides (primarily the warped numbers and NOBs), but I loved the colour scheme, the originality and the logo.

You fixed the problems with what they had, so you get five stars.

(**) (**) (**) (**) (**)

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Good work! I hate the Islanders' actual jerseys because they are uninspired, ugly and boring pieces of crap. Their Fishsticks jerseys had their downsides (primarily the warped numbers and NOBs), but I loved the colour scheme, the originality and the logo.

(**) (**) (**) (**) (**)

the current set IS CLASSIC. this set in this theard is a crap idea. (no offense man. no offense. but there"s no way to improve that ugly logo and the uniforms)

wrb141.jpgnbahoopscardszxzx01.png

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Im Abby.. nice to meet you

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

Flipped the hem stripes to better match the originals with the high side on the left, and also to make it less "Duck-ish"

Gortonscopy.png

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

(**) (**) (**) (**) (**)

the current set IS CLASSIC. this set in this theard is a crap idea. (no offense man. no offense. but there"s no way to improve that ugly logo and the uniforms)

had the islanders not had the connection to the 4 stanley cups to the old 80's uniforms, i really doubt fans would have been up and arms over this change. I personally like fisherman but they aren't a popular set and probably for good reason.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Since the wave in the logo is teal/orange/teal, I'd make the jersey striping match that (instead of the current teal/gray/orange).

I just went with the original colours. Here's the original for reference.

Islanders16.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Don't get me wrong, I like these jerseys but the original fisherman set is infinitely better in my opinion. I hate the way the stripes have to be cut off so abruptly just to accomodate those unnecessary side panels of the edge template. I also miss the wavy shoulder yolks. Its a good idea with perfect execution though. I'd bet money that either of these would make a better Alternate than the one currently in the works. The Isles in black? No thanks.

Archived