Logolympiag: Event #3

I'm really liking Joel's, Evan and Pittunited's so far. One thing though, wouldn't international teams play on FIBA-sized courts, ie. wider lanes? Only the US plays with a square keyway...

thanks 55, i appreciate the kind words......and yes, evan's canada court kicks much ass! i already stated that i like pitt's court...and your fiji court is the plop, too!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used the NBA court becasue I don't have Illustrator at work... So... um... yeah. So that's my excuse.

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

I too used an NBA-style court instead of FIBA. The FIBA court was too small to work with. On another note, man it's easy to feel outta my league here. Everyone's stuff is awesome.

P.S. Where's our beloved Logolympiad commish, WIB?

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

My country is kinda obvious: Israel. I chose it cause... well... I didn't think anybody else would choose it.

logolympiad3.gif

Just letting y'all know that I made some major edits to it. Changed the court to International style, toned town the major shade of blue, changed black to navy, found better fonts to use, & got rid of the flags at the ends (why do I need more flags when I got one BIG one!).

I think this is simpler, but a lot more pleasing to the eye. The thing is... there are so many good concepts, I feel like such the amateur. Especially one of them from the same country that I'm doing.

BTW Starchild & vicfurth... I'm really sorry for doing the same country as you guys wanted. At the time I honestly thought nobody else would want it, but then I realized how many Jews we have on this board.

I honestly think that Evan, you're really showing off the best work overall. I am extremely impressed. You pretty much got the gold in the 1st event... a medal frontrunner for the 2nd... and now this work of art? It's gonna be hard for anyone to beat you!

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

philippines_bball.gif

i also made some changes to mine.....namely, my rendition of a FIBA logo (the guy holding the trophy), and moving the PBA logo out of the circle and onto the court. i also added "PILIPINAS" near the baselines and changed the "Republic of the Philippines" text a bit.......enjoy!

Here's a little thunder from down under...

auscourt.gif

That looks great.

But who's AUSRALIA?

great googily moogily

Doh!

It's to the west of AusTralia.....

I'll go ahead and take care of that.

Did some tweaking to my Scotland design... watermarked the lion badge onto the parquee, and added the logo for Basketball Scotland... made the keys FIBA-style... also made the St. Andrew's cross at the center spot stand out a little more... Comments?

(EDIT: Image removed)

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Fixed my spelling misteak... errr, mistake ;)

I like your court a lot, PittUnited, but I wonder if the watermarked logo makes it a little busy. Between the parquee, the plaid, the cross, all of the logos, and the filled in jump ball circles, there's a lot going on and it feels a little cluttered. I think it would look cleaner if the watermark logo was removed.

Pittunited - I still love that Scotland design, but have to agree with an earlier poster, it was better without the watermark. Also, maybe change the white cross on the centre circle somehow, it just looks messy.

Avenger - As an Australian basketballer, I would be proud to play on that court. Only change I would make to it would be to put some sort of secondary logo where you have the word Australia on the court near the halfway line. You have it on the end lines so I don't think you need to put it there again. The Southern Cross motif is very nice. FWIW the Basketball Australia logo looks like this:

1_2096s.gif

Joel - I realise you got that FIBA logo from the FIBA site itself, but their official logo looks to be the basketball shape with the different coloured hands on it. Try this website: http://www.fibaidentity.net/delements/lsizes/index.html

Yup, I'm still anal retentive!!

Joel - I realise you got that FIBA logo from the FIBA site itself, but their official logo looks to be the basketball shape with the different coloured hands on it. Try this website: http://www.fibaidentity.net/delements/lsizes/index.html

Yup, I'm still anal retentive!!

i know the official logo is the 'hands and ball' logo, but i find that one rather ugly and prefer the 'player holding the trophy' one i used.....besides, i can dream about the fillipino team holding that trophy, can't i?

It took all day, but I finally made one for Indonesia. You will see, it's a bit heavy on the advertising and the arena does not exist. I used two softawre I know how to use AutoCAD and MS paint.

http://www.geocities.com/jmahardi/indocourt3.jpg

indocourt3.jpg

I should point out my 3-point line is 24ft from the basket and the court dimensions are longer and wider than the standard NBA or FIBA court. That's because I used the court from one of my AutoCAD files.....

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived