2011-12 soccer kits

Saintsfan

A, B, and D are right out. C has interesting elements, but a bad bird. F's not bad, but E's my choice. If it had more interesting text, it'd be even better.

As for the Fire:

1. Weird to see a navy stripe on the red shirts, rather than a white one.

2. Very weird to see a navy change shirt; why not light blue?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those Fire kits are amazing. I especially love the powder blue stripes on the away kit.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

New Chicago Fire Kits:

Home:

eFbDt.jpg

Away: NCDvT.jpg

Love both. Especially the way they incorporated Quaker.

This all just seems like too much of a departure. The Fire have been red shirt/white chest stripe for all fourteen of their seasons, and probably have sported the most consistent identity MLS has ever had. I'm guessing here, but I think the color change probably has to do with the Quaker Oats Man not looking good on a white background. I can understand it in that case, because the Fire haven't had a shirt sponsor for two years and could no doubt use the money, but it still doesn't look good.

The change kit... ehhh. More navy is the last thing MLS needs, and while I love Chicago's flag as a design element, hiding the city stars in miniscule pinstripes isn't particularly attractive to me. Any idea if there will be navy shorts to go with this, and if there will also be a white kit as in seasons past?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'd expect the Fire to have a white kit as their third.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

As a Liverpool fan, i know I'm curious as to how the new kit manufacturer ( warrior / new balance ) is gonna portray us..

Classic, modern, mix.. Etc... Anyone have any idea or example of warriors previous body of work...

I think if they keep it classic looking, it will go down well.. Gets a bit jazzy or weird.. Might be riot! Lol

Judging by Warrior's track record in lacrosse, I'd expect their clash kit to get all crazy. But then again judging by their track record in hockey, I'd expect their regular kit to stay within the classic range.

I know I use the Princeton lacrosse example way too much with Warrior, but use that as an example. Whereas Nike does the rest of their teams in a conservative, classic look, Warrior goes crazy with their lacrosse stuff. However, I think I saw a Warrior hockey jersey on some college hockey team (it slipped through my mind), and they seemed to have a traditional look for the jerseys they did for them

As for UA and Tottenham, I expect them to stay minimalist, this time using Auburn football as an example. Both cases were traditional looks going in, and that's how I expect them to be coming out, save maybe for a clash kit

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Oh WOW. Seeing the Fire's jerseys up close, the red ones have diamond plating like a firetruck.

Very very cool.

Judging by Warrior's track record in lacrosse, I'd expect their clash kit to get all crazy. But then again judging by their track record in hockey, I'd expect their regular kit to stay within the classic range.

I'd be shocked if Liverpool's primary kit is anything other than conservative. Adidas has done very well to preserve that aesthetic and Liverpool hasn't had a truly gaudy primary kit since the early 1990s.

As a Liverpool fan, i know I'm curious as to how the new kit manufacturer ( warrior / new balance ) is gonna portray us..

Classic, modern, mix.. Etc... Anyone have any idea or example of warriors previous body of work...

I think if they keep it classic looking, it will go down well.. Gets a bit jazzy or weird.. Might be riot! Lol

I know I use the Princeton lacrosse example way too much with Warrior, but use that as an example. Whereas Nike does the rest of their teams in a conservative, classic look, Warrior goes crazy with their lacrosse stuff. However, I think I saw a Warrior hockey jersey on some college hockey team (it slipped through my mind), and they seemed to have a traditional look for the jerseys they did for them

As for UA and Tottenham, I expect them to stay minimalist, this time using Auburn football as an example. Both cases were traditional looks going in, and that's how I expect them to be coming out, save maybe for a clash kit

My prediction for the UA Spurs kits is something relatively modernist, but relatively restrained. Spurs have a pretty good record of coming up with stylish but modernist kits. And the UA kits for the Welsh Rugby Union have followed a similar pattern.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Not a fan at all of how they went with a blue stripe on the home shirt. I was wondering what they'd do with the sponsor because I checked Google for the Quaker logo and never saw it on a white background. It's too bad that they have to go away from the white stripe. Love the away shirt though. Any nod to the Chicago flag on the fire away kit is good in my book and the navy/light blue/red is a great looking color combo.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Any word on the new USMNT homes?

Eurosport says late February for the aways and April for the homes. They also say that we haven't seen the "away" kit leak, clearly stating that the hoops kit is the home and the away is TBD in late February. So we'll see the away kit launch for the Italy game Feb 29, and the home probably in late April. I know for a fact these to be true as they were direct answers on their Facebook page, but I don't want to dig back through that mess. If you're concerned about sources, feel free to sift through the last few pages on this site where I've posted a lot of material with the sources documented and history to support it (I'm don't_tread_011 on BigSoccer). Hope this helps.

Add me to the group that thinks the only thing missing is the old Adidas trefoil logo instead of the current 3 stripe one.

Nearly perfect, save for that one glaring omission.

I cover Adidas/Nike here in Portland as a business reporter. Adidas' head of soccer just told me that they debated internally about using the trefoil, but ultimately decided against it since the trefoil has become the mark used for their sports lifestyle apparel. They wanted to keep a differentiation between athletic apparel and lifestyle apparel.

Also, in a nod to the buy-local movement, the 2,012 authentic kits put on sale Tuesday were manufactured entirely in the Portland area.

I'm not a business person, but that logic seems backwards.

1) The trefoil appears on lifestyle gear, but that lifestyle gear is almost entirely 70's inspired throwback gear. That is exactly what this jersey is. Shouldn't it have the Trefoil?

2) Alaska Airlines went all out with the throwback wordmark, adidas should have too.

3) Replica jerseys ARE lifestyle apparel. Fans buy them to wear in the stands and in the streets, not to go to the gym and work out.... Do you put on an authentic NBA jersey to go shoot hoops at the YMCA? I hope not.

Just my three cents. I can imagine that conversation happening in some conference room in Portland's adidas offices and the designers walking out at the end saying "yep, the trefoil is the way to go, it makes too much sense." Clearly I'm missing something here.

Here's a little story behind CPFC crest. Actually just look at infographic I put to understand.

CPFCinfoboardShadow.jpg

So I was involved as CPFC fan, but the owner chose my crest to be combined with another board member's and that other member works on it. The product of that is E crest.

BadgeComparason.jpg

This is comparison of what Doof did based on my work, and what my work was, and what I would like E to be.

Apart from those I have few stronger crest that I think would work better for Palace, that would better honor the history. Few from many:

CPFC2012.jpg

CPFC12.jpg

CPFC9.jpg

CPFC4.jpg

As for the Fire:

1. Weird to see a navy stripe on the red shirts, rather than a white one.

2. Very weird to see a navy change shirt; why not light blue?

The small details like the diamond plating and city flag striping are awesome, but you are exactly right.

These kits look fit for New England.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived