Saintsfan

2011-12 soccer kits

The issue with that Liverpool shirt is that it doesn't look like a Liverpool shirt. It isnt just the toffees connection, but blue has no recent connection to Liverpool FC. From a branding position why get that shirt, rather than the red or charcoal ones? Odd choice of color.

melbournevictoryhome.jpg

melbournevictoryaway.jpg

Melbourne Victory's new uniforms. They've moved to adidas. Should be interesting to see who else will be outfitting A-League teams this year

The issue with that Liverpool shirt is that it doesn't look like a Liverpool shirt. It isnt just the toffees connection, but blue has no recent connection to Liverpool FC. From a branding position why get that shirt, rather than the red or charcoal ones? Odd choice of color.

It's been pointed out in a few places, it's the same blue as used by the club sponsor!!!

when does an away shirt ever look like a Liverpool shirt?

A lot of soccer clubs have reasonably consistent change kit colors. If that Liverpool kit had red on it instead of the blue they would be onto something. But as it is it doesn't fit the tradition and identity of Liverpool.

A lot of soccer clubs have reasonably consistent change kit colors. If that Liverpool kit had red on it instead of the blue they would be onto something. But as it is it doesn't fit the tradition and identity of Liverpool.

true, but Liverpool has lately been rotating more colors through the rotation. white, red, yellow, green, black, dark gray . . . So adding a light blue is just continuing a trend. Barcelona has done the same the last few years with their highlighter kits and no one seems to be as worked up as the Liverpool fans are now. I still can't wait to see United's shirts when they are officially released. If the counterfeits look so nice now I can't wait to see how good the authentics are.

melbournevictoryhome.jpg

melbournevictoryaway.jpg

Melbourne Victory's new uniforms. They've moved to adidas. Should be interesting to see who else will be outfitting A-League teams this year

I do have to say it's nice to see that the alternate is not just the reversed colors like Reebok had been doing with these guys. Any idea when the other teams will reveal theirs?

I wouldn't mind the Liverpool 3rd if it had different colors. Change the striping to red and black and make the sponsor logo red and of course change the crest and I'd consider buying it. As of now though, I'm locked in on the black and silver jersey.

Those Melbourne Victory home jerseys are a thing of beauty. As for the Liverpool third jersey, I can see the argument for red over blue. This isn't NASCAR where your team colors are dictated by a sponsor (well, not usually); but on pure aesthetic merit, it's a beautiful jersey.

253660_346502494943_40982749943_1299996_6076138_n.jpg

Not impressed with these, overall. The strength of the V as the stand-out element of the design has taken a hammering.

If the sponsor logo didn't have that huge red background, that kit would look so much nicer. Also, it'd help if they didn't have to wear that giant patch on the right side of their chest. Those two things clutter up what would be a very strong, recognizable uniform.

Those Melbourne Victory home jerseys are a thing of beauty. As for the Liverpool third jersey, I can see the argument for red over blue. This isn't NASCAR where your team colors are dictated by a sponsor (well, not usually); but on pure aesthetic merit, it's a beautiful jersey.

For Liverpool, I think after this year no one will ever see those jerseys again. They'll probably only wear those away to Europe just to make the sponsor happy or in FA and Carling Cup games.

For Melbourne, I think the V is actually more distinct than it had been the last few years. And yes the sponsor logo would work better if they discarded the red background. And I guess it's mandatory for every Australian league to put the league logo on the front of the uniform instead of a sleeve.

And did they just grab a random guy to complete the wall? (Last guy on the left)

Edited by MJWalker45

LOL looks like they did. He's a dwarf compared to the others.

I like the Melbourne set. It's the best look they've had. There are flaws, but overall its a winner IMO.

I think Sydney FC are also going to be their kit suppliers so it will be interesting to see what they come up with for the sky blues.

New Tottenham Hotspur Kits 2011/12

As with last year the premier league shirts are sponsored by Autonomy (although this time feature the name of the subdivision Aurasma) and the cup kits will be sponsored by Investec.

As a spurs fan I like the shirts but hate the font for the Aurasma sponsor.

Official Press Release and more photos here

new_kit_group637b.jpg

I find it interesting that Puma's two Premier League teams are wearing the same colors and designs for their alternate uniforms. the blue kit is the same design as Newcastle's home shirts, you can even see the stripes. The black kit's the same as the black Newcastle second except for the one stripe. Pretty poor that they didn't try to separate them a little more

Totally agree MJWalker45. Last year pretty much every puma team had identical goalie kits. Just the way things are right now I guess. If anything its just lazy

I like that Spurs went back to a simpler home kit (with collars even) after a couple years with more modern designs. The away kit looks good as well, but that's an interesting shade of blue that they chose. And the third is okay, I usually don't really care too much what it looks like. The font that "Aurasma" is in is terrible though, it's pretty distracting.

Totally agree MJWalker45. Last year pretty much every puma team had identical goalie kits. Just the way things are right now I guess. If anything its just lazy

Nike and adidas are the same. All the top Nike teams had the tigers tripe keeper jerseys. And all the adidas keepers had the same cut for their jerseys, even the MLS wore the same style Chelsea wore this year. Umbro gave Man City a different keeper jersey than what Sunderland, Blackburn and others wore.

I kinda like the Victory away better than the home, I don't really like the white shorts.

Melbourne Heart are going with ISC: https://www.sportsubs.com.au/aleague/heart/producttype/2 Same designs. There is a fan designed third jersey that looks like being a black jersey with red and white stripes or sashes (i cant find the link, it was on facebook)

Adelaide are going with erra or eara or errea or whatever they are called.... same guys as birmingham i think.

I like that Spurs went back to a simpler home kit (with collars even) after a couple years with more modern designs. The away kit looks good as well, but that's an interesting shade of blue that they chose. And the third is okay, I usually don't really care too much what it looks like. The font that "Aurasma" is in is terrible though, it's pretty distracting.

It's distracting because of how good the logo looks. If it were in the same font as Autonomy was, we would almost not even notice the change.