2011-12 soccer kits

Saintsfan

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And a great badge - Coventry City should adopt that one full-time.

So much cleaner than their regular crest.

I'm with ya there, that's a major improvement full-board.

New Palermo kit '11-'12 .... just released. No shirt sponsor ..... interesting :therock:

Looks a bit brighter than last season, could be the lighting.

If not, I like the more pastel-pink from last year with the lt gray background ...

zoom_16191730_Maglia_Palermo_2012.jpg

Palermo 2010-2011

4904891948_8f8b29a7d0_z.jpg

I hate to be a broken record, but this thread really makes me hate the MLS adidas contract. so much potential and so many kits ruined by forcing the GD stripes. when a puma kit looks better than anything in the MLS, youve got problems.

I hate to be a broken record, but this thread really makes me hate the MLS adidas contract. so much potential and so many kits ruined by forcing the GD stripes. when a puma kit looks better than anything in the MLS, youve got problems.

You're preaching to the choir. If MLS has to be constrained by a single manufacturer for every team, then let it be Nike. They are, by far, the best kit manufacturer in the business.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I love the soundwave thing on the ManCity kits!

I don't even care if it's just a marketing gimmick or if the fans actually like it. Alltough I can imagine they do.

It's a fesh twist on things, at least I don't remember any other kit in sports having that.

And that you can actually see it, despite the sponsor (at least on those pics) is a nice bonus, still wonder how it will look on gameday pics.

the keeper kit as mentioned looks similiar to the previous away from 2 seasons ago. But I liked that kit very much.

BTW every league and every manufacterer have good and bad kits/designs.

Maybe it's personal taste in each case but I for one like both Houston kits, Vancouver away's, LA's home and 3rd just to mention some.

However MLS could a better name/number font. the 1 and 7 look to similiar and it's not very readable either in general.

Yeah, it's a terrible font.

You're right that all manufacturers have good and bad kits, but for primary kits Nike has far more of the former and very few of the latter. A much better ratio than any of its competitors. Glad they outfit Arsenal, wish they could pick up the MLS contract.

Jesus Christ that jersey is busy.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

How prevalent are sleeve sponsor logos (Adidas striping aside) in the top-flight leagues? I knew something looked weird there.

Becoming moreso (see Kappa, Puma sometimes). The lotto ones always seem more obvious because they are always on the red patch.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Just to clarify - those aren't sponsor logos on the sleeves, they're manufacturer logos.

As are the Kappa mudflap-girls and the Adidas sleeve stripes.

You say to-may-to, I say "apparel sponsor" :) But yes, that's what I was getting at.

Yep, red and black stripes is their traditional change shirt. Go figure.

Lots of Lancashire teams have used red as a change color, red being the color of Lancashire. City have switched between red and black, and maroon over the years, with recent occasional visits to navy blue or black!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived