2011-12 soccer kits

Saintsfan

Yep, red and black stripes is their traditional change shirt. Go figure.

Lots of Lancashire teams have used red as a change color, red being the color of Lancashire. City have switched between red and black, and maroon over the years, with recent occasional visits to navy blue or black!

Ah, of course. I forgot about the red Lancastrian rose. Thanks!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And here is the ball the players in the new kits will be kicking.

Nike says the ball is supposed to fly truer...which I suppose is a loss for those of us who enjoy some swerve.

However, the design on the ball is HOT. I suggest that someone with talent lift it and post a flat version for everyone...to...admire.... ^_^

yeah, that's the ticket...

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Yep, red and black stripes is their traditional change shirt. Go figure.

Lots of Lancashire teams have used red as a change color, red being the color of Lancashire. City have switched between red and black, and maroon over the years, with recent occasional visits to navy blue or black!

Thought it was hilarious that City asked Umbro to make sure that the shirt had more black than red. :P

New Norwich City away:

0,,10355~9812705,00.jpg

Eh. It's a bit plain, and I'm not digging the contrasting collar. That said, it'd be cool to see a green collar on the home shirt.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Adidas once again proves that they'll always be second fiddle to Nike in uniform design. That is a terrible number font.

Has Nike ever put out a good numeral font? There have been a few that 'weren't terrible' but I can't think of any truly good ones (other than your basic block athletic). They always do something weird to screw it up.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I thought the premier league ball was supposed to use the colors of the previous year's EPL champ? Or is that just some rumor...

The design is always predominantly blue, the colour of Barclays, the leagues naming rights sponsor.

Adidas once again proves that they'll always be second fiddle to Nike in uniform design. That is a terrible number font.

Has Nike ever put out a good numeral font? There have been a few that 'weren't terrible' but I can't think of any truly good ones (other than your basic block athletic). They always do something weird to screw it up.

The numbers used on the US national teams' uniforms are fantastic, but Brazil's kits' numbers are atrocious.

Errea is, in fact, Italian. This is Norwich's first year being outfitted by Errea; they were previously kitted by Xara.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

1108431.jpg

Newcastle Jets by ISC.

Not sure what to make of it.... awfully too close to the Newcstle Knights.... and Newcastle United (England) and Barcelona....

WTF... loved Newcastle's tan set they used to have. Still look like the best club in the league, though.

6fQjS3M.png

Portugal has a great type. They altered it a little bit for the last WC, but back in '06 when Nike introduced the custom typefaces for their countries it was beautiful.

deco-2006-world-cup-portugal-signed-jersey-281-500x500.jpg

Some other good examples would be their EPL teams (MU, Arsenal) when they play Champions League games.

Archived