2011-12 soccer kits

Saintsfan

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember that Sounders are copying Barcelona which means loud alternate uniforms

I suppose with the exception of this years change...

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Didn't want to start a new topic for this, but this is interesting. Gareth Bale in a GB strip! (for those that don't know, he's Welsh)

8uug.jpg

Check the full story HERE.

ps: the uni itself is pretty awesome, imo.

Well... it's not very strange that a Welsh supports GB because Wales is member of Great Britain.

In almost every sport, the British associations participates separately but in the Olympics games, all the Brits come in an united team.

The Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish FAs have been adamantly against a GB team at the Olympics, and indeed their opposition has been one of the main reasons that Britain hasn't had a soccer team in the Olympics for a Llloooooooonnnnngggg time.

And actually in many sports GB compete as GB (track and field, swimming, basketball, cycling, gymnastics are all sports were GB competes as GB.)

Yeap, Great Britain won the gold medal in Olympic soccer in 1908 and 1912 and was fourth in 1948.

As in 2012 the Summer Games will be held in London, UK, there are some plans about re-creating a GB soccer team. More info here.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Didn't want to start a new topic for this, but this is interesting. Gareth Bale in a GB strip! (for those that don't know, he's Welsh)

8uug.jpg

Well... it's not very strange that a Welsh supports GB because Wales is member of Great Britain.

In almost every sport, the British associations participates separately but in the Olympics games, all the Brits come in an united team.

The Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish FAs have been adamantly against a GB team at the Olympics, and indeed their opposition has been one of the main reasons that Britain hasn't had a soccer team in the Olympics for a Llloooooooonnnnngggg time.

And actually in many sports GB compete as GB (track and field, swimming, basketball, cycling, gymnastics are all sports were GB competes as GB.)

Yeap, Great Britain won the gold medal in Olympic soccer in 1908 and 1912 and was fourth in 1948.

As in 2012 the Summer Games will be held in London, UK, there are some plans about re-creating a GB soccer team. More info here.

It should be pointed out that it generally suits the British FAs to remain seperate as they have extra power in designing the rules of the game and a few other little treats in FIFA, as an historical hang up. Forming a GB team permanently would threaten that. I tend to think the Olympic team is no threat to Their independence, but I understand the fear.

The 2012 GB team will probably be something like an England+ team, essentially an England team augmented with a few from the other home nations.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

The 2012 GB team will probably be something like an England+ team, essentially an England team augmented with a few from the other home nations.

This, I think, is the real stumbling block. There's a perception in the world that England is the United Kingdom (how many times has Elizabeth II been referred to as "the Queen of England"?). The other nations often feel like also-rans, and sport is one of their few opportunities to stake out an independent identity on the world stage.

I'm a Timbers fan but I've got to admit, I like the Sounders' color choices. Well, I didn't like the electricity kit, but I think the new one is fantastic. And I like the shale grey one (besides the bra straps) too.

Not sure why people want them to go to white. Aren't there enough white kits in MLS? It's nice to see a team go with a unique look, since so much of MLS looks so cookie cutter all the time.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I'm a Timbers fan but I've got to admit, I like the Sounders' color choices. Well, I didn't like the electricity kit, but I think the new one is fantastic. And I like the shale grey one (besides the bra straps) too.

Not sure why people want them to go to white. Aren't there enough white kits in MLS? It's nice to see a team go with a unique look, since so much of MLS looks so cookie cutter all the time.

I wish more MLS teams would go with the regualr coloured home kit and them the bright/different colour scheme clash kit.

There's some tradition to it, for the kit in question I posted. There's an awful lot of red and blue teams in EPL too, but do we really want Liverpool, Arsenal or Man-U to ditch their primary color?

And the "super-cyan" stuff is butt-ugly. Ghastly. Of course, Sounders fans will eat it up, because they are ravenous for MLS right now. I think that's part of the reason we're seeing eye-sores like this, because this is the time to push the envelope. When the Sounders-mania dies (and it will only take one bad season for the wagon to get less crowded), I think we'll see the franchise pull back to colors/schemes they know will sell on their own.

Right now, "super-cyan" blends in with their narrative that they are "bold, distinctive and cutting-edge". I think that marketing-sauce only lasts so long, until people realize, "holy crap I'm wearing a collared poly-shirt that's the color-blend of a bad bridesmaid dress". Looking "pretty" at the match, will suddenly not be as cool as it appears to be now. :)

I'm not a supporter by any stretch of the imagination, but those Brazil kits are very nice!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

8uug.jpg

It should be pointed out that it generally suits the British FAs to remain seperate as they have extra power in designing the rules of the game and a few other little treats in FIFA, as an historical hang up. Forming a GB team permanently would threaten that. I tend to think the Olympic team is no threat to Their independence, but I understand the fear.

there's the british lion rugby squad that tours every 4 years and is subject to the same circumstances...I would have thought there would already be a british footy squad utilizing the same concept

Love the new Union gear, they toned down the color clash and the "Bimbo" sponsorship gives them a really cool Mexican flavor. The piping is really slimming, shows off us old guys who work hard to keep fit. I like that, it also makes the shoulders broader, a nice bonus. The aesthetics are nice on this one, fine upgrade.

Overall downgrade for Philly. There's now too much going on with the addition of the thin stripes.

The primary colour on the switch kits should be gold too, not white or blue. That is something no other team in MLS has.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Overall downgrade for Philly. There's now too much going on with the addition of the thin stripes.

The primary colour on the switch kits should be gold too, not white or blue. That is something no other team in MLS has.

The gold shirt they had for the first two seasons was the color of sick baby poo, though. This is an upgrade, even if it's a bit too similar to the home and third.

As for the Sounders thing, I think it's a nice kit other than the old-timey collar on a decidedly new-school shirt. The loud colors don't bother me -- the Sounders have a rep of unusual colorways. Not like we need yet another white or navy shirt in MLS. Even light blue is starting to get overused, but the Sounders figured out how to do light blue without being boring (unlike, say, Sporting KC).

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Not a fan of the new Union strip. Not at all. They dont clash enough. What if they play another blue team on the road? Too similar. Dont like the stripes either, way too busy.

As an aside, I always thought a striped navy/gold shirt in the mold of Inter, Barca, or Milan would look the best for the Union. That would look outstanding IMO.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived