2011-12 soccer kits

Saintsfan

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall the new Union kits are meh. I like the primary one more.

On both kits that pattern from the armpit up to the shoulder stripes seems unnecessary for me, however I quite like the small trims that keep the central "ajax style" stripe from the side patterns.

Seattle's new 3rd just has bad colors, design wise it would be nice.

Looking forward to more MLS new kits being released. DC United seems next.

there's the british lion rugby squad that tours every 4 years and is subject to the same circumstances...I would have thought there would already be a british footy squad utilizing the same concept

There isn't, and never has been, such a British soccer team tradition. The Lions tradition is rooted in the amateur history of Rugby Union. In soccer the professional clubs wouldn't allow a concept to work, whereas the amateur clubs in Rugby were quite happy to allow players to tour with the Lions.

It's also worth remembering that until 1987 there was no Rugby World Cup, so the Lions tours were a useful punctuation in the cycle of Rugby internationals.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I think part of the reason I'm liking the new stuff even better is because now the electric-ish blue stands out a little bit more. (The Union's identity is kinda funny...navy and old gold predominate, on the logo package and a lot of team apparel the lighter blue is more columbia, yet on the actual uniforms, and this year's change kit really shows it, its more like Honolulu blue [paging CWx??]...its a crazy quirk, but I love it.)

The one thing that really sticks out like a sore thumb now is the center placement of the crest...the absence of a yoke on these kits really makes that stand out now, but that's become Philly's "thing" now, and I don't see them changing the placement of that badge anytime soon if at all.

Also, since it was mentioned in the other thread (didn't even realize til now I'd posted in this one instead of that one), for those not in the know, Bimbo Bakeries (BEEM-bo, that is) is a U.S. Divison of Mexico's Grupo Bimbo. The U.S. side is headquartered in Horsham PA, not far from Philly. I will admit, though, at times I still get a quick chuckle out of having that word splashed across my chest whenever I do wear my team gear out, but overall it don't bother me at all.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Pretty sure all MLS clubs change every other year.

Yes sir, and TFC managed to find a way to introduce a new one every year (if the timing is correct) as the white change kit was in it's second year this year which was also the 1st year for the new red kit.

....why did I decide to collect every jersey TFC ever puts out?

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

A little touch of red is perfect for DCU, as long as they drop the all red 3rd.

I also hope to see the stripes across the chest again someday, but I doubt we will see that with the VW logo there.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I've always liked DC United's kits. Never was able to put a finger on why, I just always have. I get the feeling this won't be as big a change as Philly's, but then it also doesn't need to be.

I especially like that DC flag patch...mighty spiffy.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Overall the new Union kits are meh. I like the primary one more.

On both kits that pattern from the armpit up to the shoulder stripes seems unnecessary for me, however I quite like the small trims that keep the central "ajax style" stripe from the side patterns.

Seattle's new 3rd just has bad colors, design wise it would be nice.

Looking forward to more MLS new kits being released. DC United seems next.

Crew as well on 28/11

I despise Adidas' little sleeve splotches (especially as they seem to be overly prevalent in MLS). Either colour the sleeves or dont...but dont use a style that can only effectively be seen on a long-sleeve shirt.

Guh

I can see why they do it though. Various different competition and other patches now clutter up the sleeves and intrude on their shirt design so they've decided to incorporate a 'patch space' into the design rather than battle against the clutter. That said it's no excuse for randomly contrasting colours that don't fit the look.

liverpool-1.png

Seattle Sounders 2012 (third?)

Seattle third Confirmed...it's Super Cyan. http://todosobrecamisetas.blogspot.com/2011/11/seattle-sounders-adidas-super-cyan-3rd.html

Sounders312.jpg

I seem to be in the minority but I really like the new Sounders 3rd kit. Guess it's the die-hard old school Charger fan in me that likes the electric blue and yellow combo. Different but similar. Also glad that they continued to do something totally different for their 3rd.

Would like to see the pants and socks though.

Seattle Sounders 2012 (third?)

Seattle third Confirmed...it's Super Cyan. http://todosobrecamisetas.blogspot.com/2011/11/seattle-sounders-adidas-super-cyan-3rd.html

Sounders312.jpg

I seem to be in the minority but I really like the new Sounders 3rd kit. Guess it's the die-hard old school Charger fan in me that likes the electric blue and yellow combo. Different but similar. Also glad that they continued to do something totally different for their 3rd.

Would like to see the pants and socks though.

Probably all the same. cyan main and yellow trim on both

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived