2011-12 soccer kits

Saintsfan

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Superb job by Portland. Much, much nicer than the Sounders' failed attempt this year at a collared jersey.

I say this as a Sounders fan, but Portland have a much keener, brighter sense of their brand, logo and how to present it than the Sounders do. The Sounders "seem" genius, because the fans here in Seattle are soccer-mad, but it's actually Portland that are producing a sharper brand image.

Of course on the actual pitch, it's an entirely different story. And it is there, I hope my Sounders continue to dominate. :)

Add me to the group that thinks the only thing missing is the old Adidas trefoil logo instead of the current 3 stripe one.

Nearly perfect, save for that one glaring omission.

I cover Adidas/Nike here in Portland as a business reporter. Adidas' head of soccer just told me that they debated internally about using the trefoil, but ultimately decided against it since the trefoil has become the mark used for their sports lifestyle apparel. They wanted to keep a differentiation between athletic apparel and lifestyle apparel.

Also, in a nod to the buy-local movement, the 2,012 authentic kits put on sale Tuesday were manufactured entirely in the Portland area.

anybody know why United wore these against Basel today?

Manchester-United-007.jpg

That's their 3rd kit for this season. Man U normally relegates their clash kit from the previous set as their third kit for the new set. Both the primary & clash kits clashed w/ Basel's home strip, so that's why they busted this one out.

They would've had to do the same thing for a potential match against Barcelona, but obviously they don't have to worry about that anymore. ^_^

anybody know why United wore these against Basel today?

Manchester-United-007.jpg

Basel's home strip had red and blue, and as such both United's home (red), and secondary (blue) would clash, therefore united had to bring out last years secondary to avoid the clash.

Edit: TFoA beat me to it, also loved the Europa League jab.

That Timbers jersey is absolutely beautiful. I might even buy one.

You and me both.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I think Germany might be switching to Puma next time they change kits. I saw a picture of Marco Reus doing a shoot with a blank white Puma kit that had a gold and white stripe. Germany wears Adidas currently and his club, Borussia Mönchengladbach wears Lotto. The picture can't be of a future Gladbach kit because there is no gold in their color scheme/it's the middle of the season.

tumblr_lvynzuJz2U1r0mixjo1_500.png

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Archived