2011-12 soccer kits

Saintsfan

I think Germany might be switching to Puma next time they change kits. I saw a picture of Marco Reus doing a shoot with a blank white Puma kit that had a gold and white stripe. Germany wears Adidas currently and his club, Borussia Mönchengladbach wears Lotto. The picture can't be of a future Gladbach kit because there is no gold in their color scheme/it's the middle of the season.

tumblr_lvynzuJz2U1r0mixjo1_500.png

He wears Puma boots. That photoshoot is most likely for advertisment within Germany for Puma.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nagbe_Rotator.jpg

Timbers Retro inspired 3rd jersey.

That's pretty awesome. I especially love the simpler crest being used.

Adidas does their best work when they keep it simple, like this.

As a huge Sounders fan I have to say it really hurts to see the Timbers do so well what the Sounders should have done. Damn you Timbers!

This has been on the boards for over 3 years now and still the Sounders don't listen.

ssfc-retro-kit-big800.jpg

I think Germany might be switching to Puma next time they change kits. I saw a picture of Marco Reus doing a shoot with a blank white Puma kit that had a gold and white stripe. Germany wears Adidas currently and his club, Borussia Mönchengladbach wears Lotto. The picture can't be of a future Gladbach kit because there is no gold in their color scheme/it's the middle of the season.tumblr_lvynzuJz2U1r0mixjo1_500.png
He wears Puma boots. That photoshoot is most likely for advertisment within Germany for Puma.

This is Puma King training jersey :) Germany always wears Adidas kits (except 78 when they wore Erima, but Erima at this time be a part of Adidas brand).

4r2eer.png

I think Germany might be switching to Puma next time they change kits. I saw a picture of Marco Reus doing a shoot with a blank white Puma kit that had a gold and white stripe. Germany wears Adidas currently and his club, Borussia Mönchengladbach wears Lotto. The picture can't be of a future Gladbach kit because there is no gold in their color scheme/it's the middle of the season.

Germany signed with Adidas through 2016. Nike offered more but DFB chief went with Adidas. Pissed off most of their membership.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Adidas is synonymous with German soccer. Seeing Germany play in anything else wouldn't be right. And I think Adidas knows this.

If nationality matters, it's worth noting that Puma was formed by a member of the Dassler family ( as in Adi Dassler, founder of adidas) in the same town as adidas (Herzogenaurach, Germany).

I was over at Square One yesterday in the soccer store (yes, that's actually the name of the store.) and then guy who works there, Alex, showed me a picture of TFC's kits from the Adidas book.

The white kit is changing. They are adding the same maple leaf as on the red kit. The thing is basically all white with red sleeves, too me it looked for like a warm up jersey or something the coaching staff would wear. Very plain.

Of course, he wouldn't let me take a pic of it so there is no picture for me to give you guys, sorry, but I told him about these forums and said to him if he ever felt like posting it this is the place to come.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Adidas is synonymous with German soccer. Seeing Germany play in anything else wouldn't be right. And I think Adidas knows this.

If nationality matters, it's worth noting that Puma was formed by a member of the Dassler family ( as in Adi Dassler, founder of adidas) in the same town as adidas (Herzogenaurach, Germany).

That's part of it but it's more the decades-old tradition of Adidas and Germany together.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I saw a documentary on this and, if I remember correctly, the Dassler brothers together had a sports shoe company and then had a falling out and one brother left and founded Puma and the other Adidas.

TIME Magazine: Adidas vs. Puma

Germany signed with Adidas through 2016. Nike offered more but DFB chief went with Adidas. Pissed off most of their membership.

Nike offered the German Federation triple what adidas offered. I understand that Adidas is German and all, but with that money, they could have seriously heavily invested into the infrastructure to improve on an already world class set up.

The Bundesliga has taken over the Serie A in UEFA coefficient rankings, and they have the La Liga in sight, with this kind of money, they could have seriously challenged the EPL.

If Germany ever switches from Adidas, I'd hope that they go to Nike, and no one else. Germany has a history of looking really good in Adidas kits (I wish that could be said for all Adidas teams, national and club - looking at you, MLS) but I get the feeling that if Germany went to Nike, Nike would do them justice.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Poland got this jerseys since 8 november :) Yesterday Nike update jersey and add "White Eagle":

kuu.jpg

This is away:

PolandAway.jpg

Eeesh, they should'nt have put the eagle on the chest. It's a bit too cluttered now. I will say though, I also rather like the number placement. Aside from the cluttered chest, it's a really nice shirt.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The photos for the new Philly Union jersey are horrible. The picture of the second jersey looks nothing like what it really looks like in person. Here's a video of the two new jerseys which shows what they actually look like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjkhbnU6lvU

30 seconds in shows a look at both jerseys, with the final few seconds providing one last look of the secondary kit

I like the Poland look. I don't think it's too cluttered.

The Union's jerseys are a downgrade for sure.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived