2011-12 soccer kits

Saintsfan

11-12 Liverpool Away

v13870z.jpg

That's outstanding. I love the red flames on the monochromatic badge, very nice touch. Liverpool will be looking sharp, as usual.

Pretty sweet uni's....minus the Adidas 3-bars on the shoulders. I'd buy it if it wasn't for that. The rest of it get 5 stars though!

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

didn't spuds renew with puma for one more year?

however, if that spuds jersey is real, i will be very happy, now they will have two cocks on their shirt.

Nope. Next year is Spurs first with Under Armour.

Not according to Tottenham's website: My link

Beginning with the
2012/2013
season, Under Armour will provide Tottenham Hotspur with performance apparel, including training wear and playing kit for the Club?s First and Academy teams, together with replica product for the Club?s supporters around the world.

gYH2mW9.png

Le Coq Sportif Everton Home & Away kits

Everton11main.jpg

Everton2da.jpg

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

That's nice, although I really hate TNOB.

I have to agree. Names plates on the back of soccer uni's just don't look right.

Anyone know why the German teams do this? They're the only one's I know of that all pretty much stick teh team name on the back. I'm fine with them having it there but your badge should already help everyone identify who you are.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

This has been making the rounds as the rumored away kit for Arsenal next season:

urmOw.jpg

No confirmation yet if it's real or fake.

It's a nice change compared to regular 50/50 shirts with a vertical split. But I have no idea if the diagonal split looks good in action so to speak.

Also didn't Monaco (FRA) have a similar jersey in recent years?

And that the away (?) shirt for Tottenham:

tottenhamn.jpg

It's certainly different. I like it for the idea of including certain logo/2nd identity elements in the overall uniform design.

I don't like it for that white swerve/curvy thing with the dark logos. Should have left that dark blue/black and made the logos white instead for example.

Stories today in the press suggest Warrior will be kitting out Liverpool from 2012/13 in a deal worth 25m pounds per season, a British record. New Balance mounting a big push into the world of football, leveraging their connections with the Red Sox. Barely seems believable and it's three weeks late for April 1.

liverpool-1.png

If it means another team gets rid of those damned Adidas stripes all over the place, I fully welcome this news.

That said, as a United fan, I'd hate to see Liverpool have that big a deal for their kits.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

If it means another team gets rid of those damned Adidas stripes all over the place, I fully welcome this news.

That said, as a United fan, I'd hate to see Liverpool have that big a deal for their kits.

Here is the thing I don't get about the anti adidas stripe thing. Name me one American sport that kits out it's teams without various embellishments like side panels or sleeve stripes etc (other than baseball I suppose).

One way for adidas to trademark relatively simple uniform designs is with the 3 stripes. So I for one am happy for them to be around.

I wonder if the Liverpool deal might be a bit of adding 2 and 2 and getting 5? Interesting to see.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I know I'm bias but the one thing I will say for the 3 stripes in football/soccer is they've been around the game forever.

These are from the 74 world cup...they've been on jerseys since Nike was known as "Blue Ribbon Sports"

oranje.jpg

germany74476.jpg

I'm sure they were around before that as the "3 stripes" was bought from another company in 1949.

Probably wouldn't change anyone's opinions but its not like its a new thing adidas is doing.

There's a difference between shirt piping as a design element and the three stripes as a giant ad for Adidas.

This. You don't see any American teams wearing templates that are essentially gigantic ads for their uniform manufacturer. Reebok doesn't have some signature striping pattern they force on every NHL or NFL jersey (and I'm saying this as someone who despises the Edge template - the absence of anything like the three stripes is one thing Reebok got right with Edge). Even amongst other soccer jerseys, Nike, Umbro, Le Coq Sportif, etc., aren't forcing all their teams to wear some striping pattern.

I'm not saying to force American uniform conventions on European teams - I'm perfectly fine with ads on soccer uniforms, introducing new kits every couple of years (or every year, for some teams), etc. But the three stripes do not need to be on every uniform Adidas makes, especially when they're never clean and unobstructed, like in those '74 Holland kits. A simple Adidas logo on the right breast would do just fine, just as it does for virtually every other kit manufacturer.

Liverpool, Chelsea, Bayern, Real, etc., would generally have better looking kits if those three stripes weren't always shoehorned on there.

(Also, in those 74 Germany kits, I don't believe the 3 stripes are anywhere to be found on the kits themselves, just on the blue jackets some of the players/coaches are wearing. That would be a good way for Adidas to get their three stripes in - put it on warmup gear, but not on the actual kits.)

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

It's what adidas does. My point is it's no different aesthetically from some of the other embellishments on US sports equipment. Remember that most uniform trademarks/copyright belongs to leagues in the US. In europe those typically remain with the manufacturer. Take a look at NBA on court attire. The team uniform has no three stripes, the shooting jerseys and benchwear have them everywhere.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I know I'm bias but the one thing I will say for the 3 stripes in football/soccer is they've been around the game forever.

These are from the 74 world cup...they've been on jerseys since Nike was known as "Blue Ribbon Sports"

oranje.jpg

germany74476.jpg

I'm sure they were around before that as the "3 stripes" was bought from another company in 1949.

Probably wouldn't change anyone's opinions but its not like its a new thing adidas is doing.

I may hate adidas' designs for the past few years, but you can't hate on the stripes. That's basically like hating on the swoosh. It's their thing, it's been around since forever, and it's a nice tradition for the company. Plus, like your pics show, can you imagine that 1970s Holland team w/o the 3 stripes running down the sleeves? Or Beckenbauer raising the cup in that legendary white shirt-black shorts Germany kit? Personally, I think it's great that Adidas is seemingly going back to basics like Nike did a few years ago, so that the striping compliments the design more as being seen as a giant ad in recent years.

Archived