Saintsfan

2011-12 soccer kits

Worst. It was bad when St James' became Sports Direct Arena. Now Northern Rock is gone, that sponsor was almost iconic as Samsung on a Chelsea jersey. Anyways the kicked the crap out of Man U today, so that's alright.

:cursing: OK, got that out of the way... ^_^

The real iconic sponsorship in the Premier League to me was the Carlsberg sponsorship with Liverpool until the end of last season. The change for Newcastle was inevitable. I'm surprised they didn't change the sponsor when Northern Rock was on the brink of collapse during the financial crisis. I think the sponsor on the front would have been fine with "money" below the "Virgin". But for the record, I will always associate the club with "Newcastle Brown Ale" :D

Liverpool and Carlsberg totally skipped my mind, O2 and Arsenal works as well. But yes Newcastle Brown is the one that should have never, ever gotten away.

Newcastle kits just got a whole lot worse (sponsor wise)...they will wear these the remainder of the season to reflect their new sponsorship.

0,,10278~10355920,00.gif

Just for accuracy, it's not a new deal, Virgin Money bought out Northern Rock. Northern Rock no longer exists. And yes Newcy Brown Ale is a far more iconic sponsor for The Magpies.

Newcastle kits just got a whole lot worse (sponsor wise)...they will wear these the remainder of the season to reflect their new sponsorship.

0,,10278~10355920,00.gif

Just for accuracy, it's not a new deal, Virgin Money bought out Northern Rock. Northern Rock no longer exists. And yes Newcy Brown Ale is a far more iconic sponsor for The Magpies.

Yeah, I read about the deal...should have worded it better. No sponsor should ever grace their kits unless its Newcastle Brown Ale.

Worst. It was bad when St James' became Sports Direct Arena. Now Northern Rock is gone, that sponsor was almost iconic as Samsung on a Chelsea jersey. Anyways the kicked the crap out of Man U today, so that's alright.

:cursing: OK, got that out of the way... ^_^

The real iconic sponsorship in the Premier League to me was the Carlsberg sponsorship with Liverpool until the end of last season. The change for Newcastle was inevitable. I'm surprised they didn't change the sponsor when Northern Rock was on the brink of collapse during the financial crisis. I think the sponsor on the front would have been fine with "money" below the "Virgin". But for the record, I will always associate the club with "Newcastle Brown Ale" :D

Liverpool and Carlsberg totally skipped my mind, O2 and Arsenal works as well. But yes Newcastle Brown is the one that should have never, ever gotten away.

Another one is Manchester United and Sharp. Some of United's best kits were with Sharp as the sponsor (also, some of their worst)

roy_keane_682x400_781504a.jpg

C_71_article_1082622_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg?29%2F11%2F2008%2013%3A25%3A41%3A687

(best United kit of all time, and Sharp's sponsorship just didn't look as intrusive as the following sponsors' logos)

It's even worse when Sharp is followed by these three horrible sponsors:

roy+keane.jpg

(worst United kit of all time, horrible sponsor because their logo is horrible)

john-o-shea-manchester-united-derby-county2.jpg

(not a bad kit, but AIG is horrible sponsor because it's a horrible company)

Chicharito+Manchester+United+2011.jpg

(while there haven't really been any bad kits under Aon's sponsorship, their logo doesn't look that great on a shirt).

Looking like this will be the San Jose Earthquakes new home jersey for the 2012 season (with either a sponsor or team name/city to be filled in later depending on of it they acquire a replacement for outgoing sponsor Amway by opening day.)

20120115Uniform640.jpg

Much to most Quakes fans chagrin still no blue jersey as the primary as they've been calling for since the team was reactivated in 2008...

I wish the Crew would've used this style for the away kit. Just replace blue with yellow.

As a Liverpool fan, i know I'm curious as to how the new kit manufacturer ( warrior / new balance ) is gonna portray us..

Classic, modern, mix.. Etc... Anyone have any idea or example of warriors previous body of work...

I think if they keep it classic looking, it will go down well.. Gets a bit jazzy or weird.. Might be riot! Lol

As a Liverpool fan, i know I'm curious as to how the new kit manufacturer ( warrior / new balance ) is gonna portray us..

Classic, modern, mix.. Etc... Anyone have any idea or example of warriors previous body of work...

I think if they keep it classic looking, it will go down well.. Gets a bit jazzy or weird.. Might be riot! Lol

since I've only seen them make hockey and lacrosse jerseys it should be interesting. I wondered the same thing. I expect them to push a crazy design for the away kit and a classic design for the primary kit.

Also be interesting to see what Under Armor do for Spurs. I know UA have a few continental teams already, but given Spurs have a decent chance of being in the Champions League it's a step up for UA.

Liverpool is switching manufacturers? That is very disappointing.

None of those crests are bad but E is definitely the best.

E or F but i seem to think I've seen both those eagles before.

New Chicago Fire Kits:

Home:

eFbDt.jpg

Away: NCDvT.jpg

Love both. Especially the way they incorporated Quaker.

Crest A:

0,,10323~10380639,00.jpg

I really like this one. It would look good on a shirt.

Crest B:

0,,10323~10380644,00.jpg

Ugh. No thanks.

Crest C:

0,,10323~10380645,00.jpg

Not too bad.

Crest D:

0,,10323~10380647,00.jpg

I can't help but think that I've seen that somewhere.

american-airlines-logo2.jpg

Crest E:

0,,10323~10380651,00.jpg

Okay, but too boring.

Crest F:

0,,10323~10380652,00.jpg

Without a doubt, my favorite. I love the eagle. The segmented wings look like panes of glass.