2011-12 soccer kits

Saintsfan

In terms of Umbro vs Nike or adidas..

Dunno how many of you guys are from england, but Umbro really is a cheap brand here. It's not got the same prowess as a Nike or Adidas

It's cheap, it's naff.. And I really honestly dont know anyone who would wear Umbro outside of a young kid, who wears what his parents buy..

In todays society, Regardless of how they Taylor the English team.. There a poor mans Nike..

Umbro's recent work with Blackburn was top notch (especially their new clash kit), and they also had some very nice merch for the New York Cosmos in recent memory. They are definitely on the upswing.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Umbro's recent work with Blackburn was top notch (especially their new clash kit), and they also had some very nice merch for the New York Cosmos in recent memory. They are definitely on the upswing.

That's my understanding as well. Their work for England has also gone a long way.

Manchester City's primary kit is very well-done as well.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I just fell over and grabbed my calf looking at that.

You're doing it wrong; always hold your face, no matter where the "contact" was.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Dunno how many of you guys are from england, but Umbro really is a cheap brand here. It's not got the same prowess as a Nike or Adidas

It's cheap, it's naff.. And I really honestly dont know anyone who would wear Umbro outside of a young kid, who wears what his parents buy..

In todays society, Regardless of how they Taylor the English team.. There a poor mans Nike..

I don't know where you get that.

Umbro has always been top line gear.

It has been marketed to soccer rather than the general public.

BTW, Subsidiary of Nike, Inc.

Also, Admiral made fantastic stuff, but they have moved away from soccer and towards cricket.

Also, Admiral made fantastic stuff, but they have moved away from soccer and towards cricket.

They're trying to get back in the game, at least in the US. Mind you, their highest-profile team is the Minnesota Stars, so that probably doesn't say much. But with Adidas's exclusive MLS contract, the NASL champs would be the best you could get at that point. :)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I don't know where you get that.

Umbro has always been top line gear.

It has been marketed to soccer rather than the general public.

BTW, Subsidiary of Nike, Inc.

Can't think of a single cricket team admiral supply! They did England, South Africa and West Indies. But not for a few years now.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I noticed that when I went to England this summer on all the soccer (football) gear, but never the jerseys. Umbro was priced evenly with the other brands. I bought a Manchester City jersey and the quality is top-notch.

Manchester-City-icon.png

They're trying to get back in the game, at least in the US. Mind you, their highest-profile team is the Minnesota Stars, so that probably doesn't say much. But with Adidas's exclusive MLS contract, the NASL champs would be the best you could get at that point. :)

I can't remember one decent Admiral soccer design in the last 15 years...

My two personal favorite "B" soccer brands are Umbro and Kappa. Many people forget Kappa was first on the tight, moisture-wicking fabric, even before Under Armour if I remember correctly. Plus, they have a sweet logo. Diadora would probably be a distant third.

Yeah, I find it hilarious how people bitch about manufacturers' logos on uniforms (even though I do think Adidas REALLY overuses the three stripes) but Kappa's craziness gets ignored because hardly anyone even uses Kappa.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Of the major manufacturers, I think Reebok and Kappa are the worst in terms of logo usage.

These:

bolton_wanderers_2011-2012.giffulham_2011-2012.gif

are equally ridiculous.

I always hate going on to Uni Watch and seeing Paul Lukas scream about "logo creep" because it's always him bitching about Nike. I dislike what Nike does in college football (since that's what he's almost always talking about) but he really needs to open his eyes and see that there are far worse examples of what he's complaining about.

Archived