2011-12 soccer kits

Saintsfan

If you think that it's just about Nike, then you aren't actually reading Uni Watch.

It seems like it's mostly about Nike. I know he doesn't say much about Adidas because he hardly ever talks about soccer and Adidas' version of logo creep is most apparent there.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it seems as though he talks mostly about Nike, that's because Nike is the big gorilla in the US. But he spends plenty of time discussing Reebok and the NHL and corporate ads wherever they crop up. He also compliments Nike on their good designs.

"Lukas hates Nike" is the popular meme, but doesn't have any basis in reality.

Ire212intro.jpg

That's amazing.

:wub: :wub:

Beautiful.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'd be getting that Ireland away for sure if they didn't have the ads on the replicas. That's a great looking shirt though.

Likewise. Hell, I'd be getting it even with the ads, but Ireland's kit sponsor's logo is so goddamn dumb and bad looking on a football shirt.

spacer.png

I'd be getting that Ireland away for sure if they didn't have the ads on the replicas. That's a great looking shirt though.

Likewise. Hell, I'd be getting it even with the ads, but Ireland's kit sponsor's logo is so goddamn dumb and bad looking on a football shirt.

Yeah, not that I won't buy a shirt with ads on it (I've got a few) but I can't stand how Ireland's shirt looks with that sponsor.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

If it seems as though he talks mostly about Nike, that's because Nike is the big gorilla in the US. But he spends plenty of time discussing Reebok and the NHL and corporate ads wherever they crop up. He also compliments Nike on their good designs.

"Lukas hates Nike" is the popular meme, but doesn't have any basis in reality.

Ire212intro.jpg

That's amazing.

I agree that lukas is more anti corporate influence in sports and nike is by far the most successful at that game...come to think of it they pretty much wrote the book on it in terms of embedding manufacturers' marks into sporting life.

Ire212intro.jpg

That's amazing.

Hey, keep your Milwaukee Bucks soccer crossover in the Concepts section.

Wait, what? Oh goodness gracious that is nice. I hope this means no sponsor on the retail replicas.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ire212intro.jpg

That's amazing.

Hey, keep your Milwaukee Bucks soccer crossover in the Concepts section.

Wait, what? Oh goodness gracious that is nice. I hope this means no sponsor on the retail replicas.

Sadly, this appears to be the replica:

Ire212thumb.jpg

Setting that aside (I hold The Irish FA responsible for that), the shirt is a thing of beauty. Umbro scores again!

Man, the more I see that vertical stripe the more I love this shirt.

Reminds me of my favorite US shirt:

00ushome.jpg

England had something similar with a single red stripe from the cross of St George.

3950168275_9569c69953_z.jpg

The creast-and-vertical-stripe look is so simple, yet so powerful. I love it.

God I hate the sponsor on that Ireland shirt SO much. Completely ruins the entire thing.

Join the club. Any other logo would be better than that.

Or how about no logo at all, which is the standard for international tops, even replicas.

Of course that would be the best solution, but if they must put a logo, any other one would've been better.

I have no idea what company "3" even is.

spacer.png

Is that even a sponsor logo? That might just be a :censored:ty number font that someone decided to slap on the replica for some reason. I don't see why a replica of a national team kit would have a sponsor logo.

Archived