2011-12 soccer kits

Saintsfan

I would think it's the fact that there's too much light blue in Villa's shirt to avoid a clash.

Why didn't City just wear their clash kit? That wouldn't clash with Villa's.

Red with black stripes wouldn't clash with claret?

Not sure why City insisted on wearing white shorts, though.

6fQjS3M.png

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, my thinking was that the red on City's clash is bright enough. When you put it that way, though, I guess City was just out of luck no matter what when visiting Villa.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Not really, there is a FIFA rule that is followed during international games and states that each piece of the kit (i.e. shirt, shorts, socks) should be in contrasting colours. Dark shorts would be a big improvement in this situation.

City wore that jersey as their clash kit with dark shorts last year.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The sash jersey was their third kit for two years. Their 09-10 clash kit was all-black:

manchester_city_2009-2010-away.gif

Their clash kit last year was this year's third jersey, but with dark shorts and different socks:

manchester_city_2010-2011-away.gif

it's hard to tell from the pictures, but there was a massive kit clash in the Man City v. Villa game today. It was virtually impossible to decipher between the two while watching it on TV.

article-2099412-11B3074A000005DC-79_634x475.jpg

What you have to remember firstly is that soccer's clash kit rules come down to players essentially rather than TV as is the case in the US. I personally didn't find the kits at all too similar, though the dark shorts that were designed for the city jersey would have worked better.

Perhaps it is American eyes being used to dark vs light sports matches?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

it's hard to tell from the pictures, but there was a massive kit clash in the Man City v. Villa game today. It was virtually impossible to decipher between the two while watching it on TV.

What you have to remember firstly is that soccer's clash kit rules come down to players essentially rather than TV as is the case in the US. I personally didn't find the kits at all too similar, though the dark shorts that were designed for the city jersey would have worked better.

yeah it must be my American eyes....

Now that you have diagnosed me, I'm afraid you have diverted my worries to the eye ailment that has apparently washed over England being as though Martin Tyler had to explain on air why City was wearing the dark shirt because so many people were calling Sky to complain. Reporters from The Telegraph, The Guardian, Daily Mail, et al, Wayne Rooney, Michael Owen, and thousands of other twitter users also struggled.

I mean come on man....

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

Watching the highlights, I was a bit confused mainly because of the white shorts on both sides.

I saw, I came, I left.

yeah it must be my American eyes....

Now that you have diagnosed me, I'm afraid you have diverted my worries to the eye ailment that has apparently washed over England being as though Martin Tyler had to explain on air why City was wearing the dark shirt because so many people were calling Sky to complain. Reporters from The Telegraph, The Guardian, Daily Mail, et al, Wayne Rooney, Michael Owen, and thousands of other twitter users also struggled.

I mean come on man....

Calm down! All I meant was that American sports viewers are more used to having a light shirt vs dark shirt match up. I didn't have a problem with it, but if others did thats fair enough!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Interesting uniform sponsor-related note from the Suarez-Evra row:

Luis Suarez row with Manchester United's Patrice Evra prompted Liverpool shirt sponsors to intervene

Standard Chartered acted after the widespread condemnation which followed the Uruguay striker's refusal to shake the hand of Manchester United captain Patrice Evra, the man he had been found guilty of racially abusing, at Old Trafford on Saturday.

''We were very disappointed by Saturday's incident and have discussed our concerns with the club,'' the bank said in a statement.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9079435/Luis-Suarez-row-with-Manchester-Uniteds-Patrice-Evra-prompted-Liverpool-shirt-sponsors-to-intervene.html

Portugal's been coming out with some real nice kits lately and these are no exception. The only thing I'm not a big fan of is the numbers on the France and Portugal kits. Hopefully we don't see that dotted style in all the Nike kits this year.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Portugal's been coming out with some real nice kits lately and these are no exception. The only thing I'm not a big fan of is the numbers on the France and Portugal kits. Hopefully we don't see that dotted style in all the Nike kits this year.

I don't mind since you won't be able to see that except in closeups anyway.

Nike has hit it out of the park with all three of these kits. Magnificent.

Archived