2011-12 soccer kits

Saintsfan

Sooooooo I just saw this on tumblr.

usaway201213.jpg

Garbage...how can the French & Dutch kits look so sharp and the Yanks get $*** like this. C'mon Nike.

That's my thinking as well. If Germany can buck the trend of Adidas' kits looking like crap because Adidas is a German company, then the US should have the very best look Nike can offer.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

usaway201213.jpg

Garbage...how can the French & Dutch kits look so sharp and the Yanks get $*** like this. C'mon Nike.

That's my thinking as well. If Germany can buck the trend of Adidas' kits looking like crap because Adidas is a German company, then the US should have the very best look Nike can offer.

I never knew there was so much Adidas hate on here. Their kits are pretty tame and that can grow tiresome, but there hasn't been anything too egregious and they certainly aren't Puma. Plus, I think their Liverpool kits the last couple of years have been pretty great and that's coming from a United fan.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

Ok, my word choice was poor. Adidas just has a tendency to make kits that lack the kind of class that Nike is known for. That's not to say that Nike has never put out some stinkers. It's just that Nike has a better track record than Adidas.

Of course, Adidas really only looks like crap on a consistent basis in the MLS, with few exceptions, whereas their European work is better. However, my point about the USMNT deserving the very best Nike has is still valid. They are an American company. Their first concern in the national team department should be making the US look good.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

usaway201213.jpg

I never knew there was so much Adidas hate on here. Their kits are pretty tame and that can grow tiresome, but there hasn't been anything too egregious and they certainly aren't Puma. Plus, I think their Liverpool kits the last couple of years have been pretty great and that's coming from a United fan.

Have you looked at the MLS recently? Being too tame is not their problem.

Ok, my word choice was poor. Adidas just has a tendency to make kits that lack the kind of class that Nike is known for. That's not to say that Nike has never put out some stinkers. It's just that Nike has a better track record than Adidas.

Of course, Adidas really only looks like crap in the MLS, whereas their European work is better. However, my point about the USMNT deserving the very best Nike has is still valid. They are an American company. Their first concern in the national team department should be making the US look good.

i wasn't trying to be a stickler or pick apart your argument, I was just genuinely surprised. But I do agree with you on that front.

And I certainly agree with you on the latter, but I think it's just par for the course when it comes to USMNT. They've never had a strong identity and their badge looks like clip art.

usaway201213.jpg

Have you looked at the MLS recently? Being too tame is not their problem.

Honestly I haven't and up until now I had totally forgotten that Adidas outfits the entire league. When I think Adidas I think of Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Marseille, and this beautiful Lyon shirt.

Lyon_5F00_1112_5F00_hm_5F00_main.jpg

And the most common complaint I've heard from places like football shirt culture is that several shirts look as if they came from the same template.

As much as I like the classy French set, I don't think us soccer has established itself enough to wear something like that. Perhaps with this new set, they set out to get some kind of attention with a set that's louder than any on recent memory. I'll reserve full judgment until I see the complete set, but I guess "any publicity is good publicity"?

Goddammit Nike.

I like the (idea of) red and white hoops, but the blue is just...gah.

The Netherlands, Portugal, France all have classy looks. Why not the US? Why do you have to make them look like clowns, Nike?

Please be fake. Please be fake. Please be fake.

spacer.png

usaway201213.jpg

Between that and the white/red hoops, it definitely is very 1994-inspired. I like the look, but I don't feel it's as good as what it's replacing.

Looks like the Arsenal template from last year. Even if this is real its better than charcoal unis.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

usaway201213.jpg

Between that and the white/red hoops, it definitely is very 1994-inspired. I like the look, but I don't feel it's as good as what it's replacing.

Looks like the Arsenal template from last year. Even if this is real its better than charcoal unis.

It's the very same template as the new Brazil kits.

Yeah, dammit, that looks real for the US away kit. The big sleeve cuffs are Nike's calling card for the 12-13 strips, and this is no different. Those sublimated stars look AWFUL!!! If you're gonna have em, at least have them in proportion and neatly arranged somehow...SMDH!

usaway201213.jpg

I'm gonna be sick.

I am glad they are making authentics, but I just wish it was of a shirt that I actually wanted to buy. Hoping the home comes in an authentic as well (though the last one never did).

28637.jpg

Call up jersey for FC Dallas. A hint of things to come for the 2012 full jersey? Probably.

It's listed in the MLS Shop as a "Call-Up" jersey...hopefully it mirrors the real kits because it's a solid look.

http://www.mlsgear.com/28637.html

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

It's cool and all... but Dallas needs to get a real change shirt. White and blue hoops are not really a change from white and red hoops.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived