SportsLogos.Net New Features

CC97

What would everyone like to see on SportsLogos.Net?

In the next month I'm finally getting my own office where I can dedicate time to working on the site and I'd like to use that time to make the site better for you guys... so I'm interested in hearing your ideas on new features, changes to existing features, requests to add leagues/sports... anything really.

Whatever's popular, I'll try to implement... don't be shy!

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the next month I'm finally getting my own office where I can dedicate time to working on the site and I'd like to use that time to make the site better for you guys... so I'm interested in hearing your ideas on new features, changes to existing features, requests to add leagues/sports... anything really.

I can only think of a few minor tweeks: more emoticons, the ability to directly upload personal avatars from one's computer instead of through an intermediate site like photobucket, and perhaps the ability to look back at personal content that is older than a year old. Other than that, I like the navigation, and posting options on this forum. From a pure esthetic point of view, this is my favourite of all the boards I'm on.

tigercatssignature-1.png

I can only think of a few minor tweeks: more emoticons, the ability to directly upload personal avatars from one's computer instead of through an intermediate site like photobucket, and perhaps the ability to look back at personal content that is older than a year old. Other than that, I like the navigation, and posting options on this forum. From a pure esthetic point of view, this is my favourite of all the boards I'm on.

Thanks for the feedback -- at the moment focusing on improvements to sportslogos.net rather than the forums.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I personally would like to see a comprehensive database of NJCAA logos. As someone who works with NJCAA schools and can't always grab another schools logo on demand unlike the NCAA, having a centralized database would be great.

Hell, I'd even help compiling if I could get it on the site.

Thanks for the feedback -- at the moment focusing on improvements to sportslogos.net rather than the forums.

Oh! Well in that case, it would be nice to be able to log in without having to sign up with a 2nd party website that I have no interest in signing up with.

I also had an idea of adding to the database non-sports logos like political parties, broadcast stations and networks, and Fortune 500 corporations, but I have a feeling it might take up too much server space and make the costs of the whole venture too much.

tigercatssignature-1.png

Getting at least some of the readily available missing logos uploaded.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I think a cool feature would be to allow users to upload logos, similair to a wikipedia format.

The older logos could be kept around as a reference, but ultimatly you could choose the best one to display.

I for one know I would use that feature, and I'm sure other people would as well if they found a better logo online they could instantly add it to the site without having to go through emailing you or the other people who update the site.

Another cool idea (not too sure how you'd make this) but to have statistics. For example, you could label each uniform with it's color, then users could view how many green or blue or red uniforms are in the NBA, NFL or NHL.

Those are just a couple of things I wouldn't mind seeing. Keep up the fantastic work!

Oh! Well in that case, it would be nice to be able to log in without having to sign up with a 2nd party website that I have no interest in signing up with.

I also had an idea of adding to the database non-sports logos like political parties, broadcast stations and networks, and Fortune 500 corporations, but I have a feeling it might take up too much server space and make the costs of the whole venture too much.

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/

I think a cool feature would be to allow users to upload logos, similair to a wikipedia format.

The older logos could be kept around as a reference, but ultimatly you could choose the best one to display.

I for one know I would use that feature, and I'm sure other people would as well if they found a better logo online they could instantly add it to the site without having to go through emailing you or the other people who update the site.

Another cool idea (not too sure how you'd make this) but to have statistics. For example, you could label each uniform with it's color, then users could view how many green or blue or red uniforms are in the NBA, NFL or NHL.

Those are just a couple of things I wouldn't mind seeing. Keep up the fantastic work!

The problem with a Wiki style site is that people upload crap, poor quality, improper, useless images. The way it's set up now may be a little more time consuming, but it keeps the site clean and proper.

Hi, I've been using sportslogos.net for a while now, and it's great. But being from BC, I'd love to see the BCHL logos make it on the site. It's a Junior A hockey league with countless NHL alumni including Brett Hull, Cliff Ronninng, Mark Recchi, and Glenn Anderson. They also have current players like Duncan Keith, Milan Lucic, and Brendan Morrison. I'd love if you could look into this league. There are other Junior A leagues that could work as well, but being from a BCHL city, I'd love to see the teams up on the site.

Thanks Chris.

Getting at least some of the readily available missing logos uploaded.

Can you be more specific?

Enjoy.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=70603

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/

Yes, I'm aware that there are other databases out there that handle this sort of thing, but I'm thinking along the lines of what Chris has here. Something that not only shows the current logo but the historical ones as well, with the same ease of navigation that SportsLogos.Net has. Quite frankly, after exploring other logo databases for the past month now, I have yet to find one that even comes close to what Chris has in terms of quality.

tigercatssignature-1.png

One thing I would like to see would be in the update list: when we click the link, it brings us to the team page - it would be cool if it would bring us directly to the update instead.

Yes! Half the time I can never find what was updated!

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The problem with a Wiki style site is that people upload crap, poor quality, improper, useless images. The way it's set up now may be a little more time consuming, but it keeps the site clean and proper.

Yeah I'm aware of that, which is why ultimately Chris would choose which logo is best.

I imagine that all the uploaded logos could be viewed if you clicked on something like "View Previous Uploads" but then you could select which one to use (the best one).

Either way I think there's enough of us here who regularly visit the site and would make sure that everything's correct.

If you're thinking of spammers changing all the images then perhaps the upload function could be linked with how many posts the user has on the board... say over 500 posts allows you to upload images. Just a thought.

Archived