SportsLogos.Net New Features

CC97

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the update section it only shows what team got an updated logo or uniform. That's fine, but when I go to the page, I would love to see an indicator showing the actual logo or uniform that got updated or added. Something as simple as a colorful border or the word 'new' would work just fine. This could be up for a couple of weeks.

I am also in the camp that thinks the uniform section should get a little more love. Baseball uniforms have big gaps in uniform histories like the Astros of the 90's and the Mariners of the late 80's. The site may not have the 'official' files for these teams but there are many talented artists that can re-create just about anything. Trust me, I know. Either commission them or select volunteers and just give them credit for adding to the site.

Easier way to submit logos your site doesn't have.

YES! I've tried on several occassions to submit the full set of logos for Nicholls State with absolutely no luck. I understand you're busy...but an easier way to submit logos would be nice.

gYH2mW9.png

An idea that I've had in the back of my mind is adding high school logos. This would definitely be a massive undertaking, but I believe that with full community involvement we could get a fairly comprehensive database of high school logos. I personally have a collection of almost all Rhode Island high school logos that I am more than willing to share.

How did you go about getting such a collection? I would LOVE to start a collection of logos for High Schools here in Louisiana but really don't know where to start.

gYH2mW9.png

I'd like to see the new NASL and USLPro soccer leagues added. Minor League Baseball, Hockey, Basketball, and plenty of defunct football leagues are well covered. How about some minor league soccer?

Also, the big European soccer leagues would be nice to see: EPL and FA Leagues, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.

A few notes/suggestions:

? New banner logo (I'd gladly help with that)

? No more comments, only "liking"

? Full page with images for the "new looks"

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

In the update section it only shows what team got an updated logo or uniform. That's fine, but when I go to the page, I would love to see an indicator showing the actual logo or uniform that got updated or added. Something as simple as a colorful border or the word 'new' would work just fine. This could be up for a couple of weeks.

Yes.

I do the same thing, looking for what was updated/added.

bufg.png

The only thing I would really want would be to see the NFL and MLB uniforms section expanded.

Nearly every team only has their most recent uniform and maybe the last one they wore.

I'd also like the see the college section expanded much more, but I understand that would be a much more extensive project.

Otherwise, love the site, been visiting it for years. Not many can say that they constantly get better, but this one does.

One other thing: I'd say maybe expanding the amount of logos of European soccer teams on here - not just national teams, but club teams as well. Right now the only one I see on here is Blackburn Rovers. Given the rapidly increasing popularity of European soccer here in the U.S., I think that would be a worthwhile endeavour - moreso than, say, high schools, IMO.

Not allowed to add any English club logos, I should really make a note of that on the league page

Interesting. I remember you had a fair amount up years ago. I was wondering why they were all taken down.

I am already seeing a problem. One group wants to see logos for smaller sports or leagues. The other group wants to see the major sports updated. Honestly, both would be nice, but I think only one can happen at a time. I'm not sure how this all works, but different people can take on different things, a community project.

More responsiveness to mistakes in the logos section. You have the wrong logo labeled as the primary for Cornell University, but the only way for me to seemingly get that information to you is through the "ask a question" tool. I think I've done this a few times already to no avail. You should add something for notification of mistakes is my point. This especially applies to the college logos which are always changing. There are several primary college logos marked wrong.

Also on another note, I think you should add polls on the front page, like "Do you like the new _____ logo?", things like that which are easy to implement.

A third point is that when you add a new logo or update a logo, we have to search through all of them to find which one is the new/updated one and finding the upload date. If you could fix this somehow that would be awesome.

Tf9TG.jpg

Archived