SportsLogos.Net New Features

CC97

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to see you have a link with the updates to the direct update, because I like the update section, but hate having to go through every image to see which one was updated or added. I also would like to see logos from the old UHL/IHL (the one that merged with the CHL last year) and the CBA (Continental Basketball Association). Other than that I love your site and I would like to say keep up the great work.

I would appreciate if the Yankee's page was updated to fit the formatting of all the other baseball teams. The cap logos, the scripts, etc. should be formatted the same as the rest if at all possible. Thanks.

Oh! And the addition of the new American Association with the Saint Paul Saints, and now it has the Winnipeg Goldeyes.

Don't change it up too much though. Things go bad if you try to change what works. Sorry for not really saying any features, but I like how it's all set up now.

Thank you.

My two favorite suggestions:

-Designer info: Lately I've been looking through a bunch of MiLB teams' logos. Getting a list of what Plan B has designed for example would just be awesome. I find it very fascinating to see how designers can vary their style for different teams

-Championship banners: Every arena I go too, I check out whats hanging in the rafters. These wouldnt be hard to recreate for the website. Even pictures would be very cool to have

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

What about an optional slider-display view for each team's logo history?

As in, there's a single logo displayed with a timeline-looking bar underneath that's actually a slider. You could move the slider forward through the years to see the progression of the logo over time. Or you could scale this idea for an entire league, displaying all of the league's logos for a specific year. The year displayed would be controlled by the slider.

Maybe this is a dumb, pointless idea, but I just thought about it earlier this morning and reckoned I'd throw it out there to see if anyone thought it would be of any value. I imagine its use would be purely aesthetic and maybe a bit gimmicky, but there you go.

EDIT: There could also be a separate drop-down menu of sorts to choose what logo you want to see for that team, like primary, secondary, wordmark, whatever. Or you could just view all logos used by a team for a specific year.

I like this. It was the first thing that popped in my head. it would be nice to scroll through a team page and have the logos expand as you scroll over. there are plenty of times ive wanted a quick look at something, but still want a good view in a larger size especially for the sake of comparison.

Independent baseball - Atlantic League of Professional Baseball

Past, Present, Future teams, all star game logos, stadium logos, ect.

Past:

Atlantic city Surf, Nashau Pride, Newark Bears, Newburgh Black Diamonds, Aberdeen Arsenal, Leigh Valley Black Diamonds,

Present:

Long Island Ducks, Bridgeport Bluefish, Somerset Patriots, Lancaster Barnstormers, Road Warriors, York Revolution, Camden Riversharks, Southern Maryland Blue Crabs

Future:

SugarLand Skeeters, Loudon Hounds

Never Realized:

Bergen Cliff Hawks

Mets, Jets, Islanders

I'd like to see some historic leagues added, such as the Negro League and the old Pacific League for baseball, the WHA in hockey (where the original Canucks and Seals played), the other women's league in basketball (the Seattle Reign had a pretty cool logo, and there were a few others if I recall).

I think fictional sports logos come up often enough on the boards that there would be some merit to having a section for fictional logos.

I wish the random sports logos were restricted to primary or possibly secondary logos.

Championship (and also "most wins for an expansion team") banners should also be included. I think there ought to be not just the court or field of a stadium, but also the facade of the stadium somewhere, as that is an important part of the team's identity for any sport. skyscraperpage.com has a pretty standardized way of showing stadiums, and I think a good deal of them are on the site, including some historic ones.

That would be my wish list, and any one of these would make me more than happy - the site's great as it is, truly, this would just be the icing on the icing.

nhl94vansigpng.png

Not sure if this has been mentioned or if you are even allowed to do it, but what about adding sportswear logos like nike, reebok, under armour and adidas? If this is a stupid suggestion then I'm sorry, it was just a thought, I think it would be cool to see old logos of these corporations.

Archived