Michael Redd Hands Fake Jersey to a Fan?

rmackman

mr41111b.jpg

Michael Redd presents his jersey to a fan before the start of Monday’s game.

In a pregame ceremony, Michael Redd gave an autographed jersey to a fan. It's Redd's last game as a Bucks player, although not sure the ceremony was really that warranted. Regardless, look at the jersey he's handing out, and look at the NBA Store authentic jersey they're selling. Looks like Redd's jersey he's handing out has a thicker number font. Is this a change due to the new style of Adidas jerseys they're wearing, or did someone screw up the jersey that Redd is carrying?

p3747857dt.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

The only real authentics are the ones the players actually wear. Anything you buy at the NBA Store may try to look authentic, but they aren't ever quite exact even if they do get pretty close in some cases.

It's basically...

1. Game worn

2. Authentic

3. Replica

in terms of jerseys.

I don't follow the Bucks, why is it his last game? Team not going to re-sign him? Body too beat up?

A little bit of both. The Bucks aren't expected to resign him, but he said he's not retiring from the NBA completely, either.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

The only real authentics are the ones the players actually wear. Anything you buy at the NBA Store may try to look authentic, but they aren't ever quite exact even if they do get pretty close in some cases.

It's basically...

1. Game worn

2. Authentic

3. Replica

in terms of jerseys.

I hate mentioning his name here, but Jersey Joe was selling NBA "game-cut" jerseys a while back. They were allegedly the same ones that would be issued to players, with the longer tails and all that. They ran $500.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

To my eye, the numbers look good:

MilwaukeeBucks_LUNF2_2011-9999_SOL_SRGB.png

(From the official 2010-2011 Uniform Style Guide.)

Hmm...so maybe the thinner numbers they put on the NBAstore jerseys are not quite as "authentic" as I thought.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

What thinner numbers? Do you have a pic?

Look at the jersey I posted below the photo of Michael. Unless I'm seeing things, the jersey appears to have thinner numbers.

spacer.png

What thinner numbers? Do you have a pic?

Look at the jersey I posted below the photo of Michael. Unless I'm seeing things, the jersey appears to have thinner numbers.

All the NBA Store graphics have Photoshopped letters and numbers. I wouldn't use that as any kind of resource.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived