College FB Equipment Trucks

GeauxColonels

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am too lazy to add all of them, but this website has TONS....

http://atlantamafia.com/College%20Football%20Trucks.htm

Had to post this gem.

SEC_Tr18.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

First ever double post.

LSU11.jpg

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Florida's isn't the most exciting.

bilde.jpg

SEC_Tr19.jpg

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

This is the part of the thread where I kick myself for not taking a pic of the smaller truck I saw for Syracuse over the weekend

That being said, I think it's similar to the large one, and it's real boring. White with the Syracuse logo and a Pinstripe Bowl logo.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Aww come on Central!

MAC_Tr3.jpg

That looks more like a local moving company who sponsors the football team. I don't know if that's the actual equipment truck. There's no sleeping quarter, and it's ridiculously shorter than the rest of the trucks shown.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Aww come on Central!

MAC_Tr3.jpg

That looks more like a local moving company who sponsors the football team. I don't know if that's the actual equipment truck. There's no sleeping quarter, and it's ridiculously shorter than the rest of the trucks shown.

Most of your smaller schools have these sized trucks and my alma mater (Kent State), we rent from a local company so there isn't a KSU truck.

Aww come on Central!

MAC_Tr3.jpg

Most of your smaller schools have these sized trucks and my alma mater (Kent State), we rent from a local company so there isn't a KSU truck.

You're exactly right. My fault. There's not really a standard size for programs large or small. Some "big" D-1 programs even use the smaller trucks.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 1 month later...

How long do these trucks leave before the game? What if its a cross country game like Rutgers vs UCLA? What do they do when teams play Hawaii?

It depends on the team and the trip. For a Rutgers/UCLA game, I would assume that the truck stays home and the equipment is flown with the team. For a Saturday game, most trucks will leave on Thursday after practice, whenever that is. The idea is that the players have their last real practice of the week, then pack all their equipment for the game. It gets loaded on the truck, and the truck leaves so it arrives at the game site sometime Friday. Like I said, if the drive is too long for the truck to get their on Friday, the equipment is packed on the plane and a local moving company picks it up when the plane lands. Some teams can send their truck a day early if they wear practice helmets and have enough extra cleats (or some combination of trucking and flying stuff).

• 3 months later...

I have many photos of the trucks as someone posted previously. I receive images from equipment managers, athletic directors, transport companies that provide the rigs, fans, friends and internet images I find. i credit where I find them and who may have sent them. If you have images, feel free to forward and I will add. The center of the page has the links to all of the conferences.

If this is in violation or considered SPAM on this forum, please remove and accept my apologies.

I have recently added

University of Notre Dame, Texas Christian University, Boise State University, University of Arkansas, University of Utah, University of Virginia, University of California, University of Richmond, Troy University, Middle Tennessee State University, University of Central Florida, East Carolina University and The University of Wisconsin

Thanks

Harmon Hodge aka "Ace Barker"

Transport Trucks of Football

Archived