KRONUM

nitroseed

I couldn't help but smile while watching it. The absurdity level is high, but at the same time, I think I'd be kinda decent at it.

I would call fake, except the amount of effort put into it is WAY over the top for it to be a joke. I think this is for real.

Surely, SOMEONE here has played or seen it played.

Ive always wondered about a sport like this. it seems to combine little things from a bunch of sports, creating impressive highlights. I'm not a huge fan of soccer, but it is well integrated in to this game. I would love to see this take off.

Only two faults with it:

(1) Scoring is entirely too complicated.

(2) The field layout seems like it'd be impossible to duplicate in enough areas to become a recreational sport, except in places where (i) a Kronum facility was specifically built, or (ii) you have rather large, open spaces.

The web site though is nothing short of spectacular. I'd love to know who put it together.

I felt like I was watching a video describing "blernsball".

It looks cool, but are the four scoring areas necessary? Why not just two? It also looks like scoring is really easy, and with all the lines and point variations, very complicated to follow as a first time viewer.

• 1 month later...

It's definitely a real sport, as in not a joke. And while I can't play because of surgery, I would enjoy watching this. I agree the field surface because of it's circular nature and the diameter, you'd have to build specific Kronum only stadiums or the viewing lines would be all kinds of screwed up. I've finally figured out that each team has two goals to defend. Good concept, but I think the more traditional one goal per team is a better fit, then again I have my preferences.

What I do kind of like about this league is they are allowing the fans to control the game and teams. Fans can vote on rule changes and if the majority wins the rule is added removed or changed. Fans also select starting lineups, etc. for each team, each game. Weather you like this concept or not, I give the creators kudos for being the first (to my knowledge) to let the fans have most of the control.

Also while I get the zones and player positions pretty easily the scoring is down right confusing. In my new sport I'm creating (Field Ball) I had numerous scoring "zones" and got rid of them because my ultimate goal of my new sport is to create a sport that is simple and fun to play and follow.

Archived