NCAA Rivalry Trophies

pianoknight

As a Husker fan I'm excited about the move to the Big Ten. And while many college football teams have their own rivalry trophies, the Big Ten is really trophy land when it comes to fighting over a 100 year old wooden bucket or giant axe.

So, if you were the King of NCAA football, what rivalry trophies would you create? Ideally, they should be between teams that play in the same conference or at least have a semi-regular matchup (Florida and Florida State, for example).

==========================================

Nebraska-Ohio State: A giant bag of Corn Nuts

Nebraska-Michigan: A football with "1997" stamped on it (we split the National Title in '97 and argued ever since)

Mississippi State - Georgia: A large, studded bulldog collar.

Texas A&M - Arkansas: The Battle for Texarkana. Winner gets to paint signs in town either Aggie Maroon or Razorback Red.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I say take three teams with the "Tiger" nickname (Auburn, Clemson, and say Memphis, for example). Have them play each other once, kinda like Army-Navy-Air Force. Winner(s) gets a tiger claw on a plaque with their school colors.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Michigan-Ohio State winner gets a helmet with the wings on one side and Ohio State O on the other. Winner puts a small helmet sticker on with the current year of the victory. Would have collected over 100 stickers by now, would look cool.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

I'd bring back the Arizona-New Mexico rivalry and reinstate the Kit Carson Rifle trophy. Political correctness be damned.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• 3 weeks later...

I say take three teams with the "Tiger" nickname (Auburn, Clemson, and say Memphis, for example). Have them play each other once, kinda like Army-Navy-Air Force. Winner(s) gets a tiger claw on a plaque with their school colors.

The only problem is there are a LOT of teams nicknamed Tigers - Missouri, for example is another one.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Michigan-Ohio State winner gets a helmet with the wings on one side and Ohio State O on the other. Winner puts a small helmet sticker on with the current year of the victory. Would have collected over 100 stickers by now, would look cool.

Better for Michigan-Ohio State: Losing team has to wear sticker of winner's logo on its helmet for the entire following season (The big red "O" on a silver background in Michigan's case, and, well, Ohio State would never lose to Michigan again if that were at stake so there's no point in mentioning the rest) :D

nav-logo.png

Better for Michigan-Ohio State: Losing team has to wear sticker of winner's logo on its helmet for the entire following season (The big red "O" on a silver background in Michigan's case, and, well, Ohio State would never lose to Michigan again if that were at stake so there's no point in mentioning the rest) :D

Would of looked nasty for the Buckeyes in the 90's with all the Wolverine Stickers. Than again, would look nasty now for the Wolverines

The only problem is there are a LOT of teams nicknamed Tigers - Missouri, for example is another one.

or even LSU...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

There are definaty teams that could do this but I cant think of any trophies.

Washington-Washington State

Arizona-Arizona State; I guess they could battle for a cactus?

Iowa-Nebraska;maybe something to do with corn or pigs.

Georgia-Georgia tech; a giant Peach

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

or even LSU...

Towson vs. Grambling for all the Tiger Tostitos :P

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Um, you do know we already have a rivalry trophy, right? Arizona and ASU play for the Territorial Cup, the oldest rivalry trophy in the NCAA.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Um, you do know we already have a rivalry trophy, right? Arizona and ASU play for the Territorial Cup, the oldest rivalry trophy in the NCAA.

Dang, really? I never hear anything about Arizona or Arizona State football. I always hear about USC and Oregon in the Pac 10.

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

Archived