Padres-Bring Back the Brown Campaign

ashbob

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not saying the current script is all that... but in no way is that script better. It's a terrible mess, in fact.

Fix the orientation of the "P" and it'd be a huge upgrade. That's the only thing that bothers me (as opposed to the half-dozen things I hate about the current script).

Not sure why so many hate the brown and gold. I grew up with the Padres wearing brown and gold, and to me, THAT is still the Padres look. I have not been a fan at all of the adaption to navy beginning in 1991, and then to the current Navy and Sand, which I think is the worst look they've ever had.

There is hope, though, as several sports teams have reverted back to their original colors and/or classic logos, such as the Philadelphia 76ers (logo and colors), Milwaukee Bucks (colors), Golden State Warriors (colors and modified "the city" logo), Philadelphia Phillies (back to the red and general look of the 1950s - 60s), NY Jets (original, slightly modified logo and darker green), NY Giants (ny logo and adding gray back in the mix), etc.

I signed the petition. Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

Not sure why so many hate the brown and gold. I grew up with the Padres wearing brown and gold, and to me, THAT is still the Padres look. I have not been a fan at all of the adaption to navy beginning in 1991, and then to the current Navy and Sand, which I think is the worst look they've ever had.

There is hope, though, as several sports teams have reverted back to their original colors and/or classic logos, such as the Philadelphia 76ers (logo and colors), Milwaukee Bucks (colors), Golden State Warriors (colors and modified "the city" logo), Philadelphia Phillies (back to the red and general look of the 1950s - 60s), NY Jets (original, slightly modified logo and darker green), NY Giants (ny logo and adding gray back in the mix), etc.

I signed the petition. Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

Probably because the Pads have had Navy as a primary now for 20 years. Many people have come to the team or now even grown up with the team wearing Navy. So to many that IS the team's color. For many the brown is something from highlight reels and nothing more. Indeed if you think about it, the team has worn Navy as a primary now just about as long as they wore brown before it. And like brown the Pads reached a world series and indeed their second pinnacle to date wearing Navy. So really they're BOTH colors that can equally lay claim to the Padres identity.

Anyone want to do a mock up of a Navy and Brown uniform?

Not a fan of the Pads brown/yellow set, but bring em back! Anything to get rid if the camo alts. Plus, MLB already has wayyyy too many teams who use navy as their primary color. Couldn't hurt to shake it up a little.

6uXNWAo.png

That's not a very good reason. The Padres would find a way to play soldier dress-up if their team colors were pink and teal.

I don't see what's so bad about the current Padres script, by the way, other than the fact that they kept changing the color of the drop-shadow every year.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Not a fan of the Pads brown/yellow set, but bring em back! Anything to get rid if the camo alts. Plus, MLB already has wayyyy too many teams who use navy as their primary color. Couldn't hurt to shake it up a little.

Phfffft....KEEP the camos!!! Veterans like myself greatly appreciate it.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

So does the USMC or they would not have licensed their proprietary camo scheme for the Pads to use either. Don't like the camo, don't watch, is pretty much my reaction to anyone who doesn't like their tribute to our soldiers.

As for the Padres current script. I too don't see what the problem with it is... It's very neat, very legible, and it incorporates a "wave" theme which ties in nicely with the sea theme the Pads have today.

The Padres won't stop wearing camouflage. San Diego County is too big of a military community, what with one of the biggest USMC bases in the world in the north and a carrier port in San Diego.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Some do, some don't.

didnt the have a brown cap and pin stripes a few years ago with an orange SD

I would bring that back and get rid of the whole camo thing.

No. That cap too often in bad light looked just like a Giants cap. It got annoying. Looking like the Yankees or the Brewers can be bad, looking like the hated Giants is just unacceptable.

Plus as was mentioned above, the Pads won't be getting rid of camo uniforms. They're too ingrained into the overall honoring of the military that the Padres take VERY seriously. If you don't like it, there's 29 other teams to root for who don't honor the military to the extent the Pads do.

didnt the have a brown cap and pin stripes a few years ago with an orange SD

I would bring that back and get rid of the whole camo thing.

No. That cap too often in bad light looked just like a Giants cap. It got annoying. Looking like the Yankees or the Brewers can be bad, looking like the hated Giants is just unacceptable.

Plus as was mentioned above, the Pads won't be getting rid of camo uniforms. They're too ingrained into the overall honoring of the military that the Padres take VERY seriously. If you don't like it, there's 29 other teams to root for who don't honor the military to the extent the Pads do.

donate the money they spent on making the crappy uni's to the military wives. You can honor the military without wearing crappy uni's, I'm sure.

so, lighten the brown just a little, its not that hard.

The Padres really strike me as one of those teams that struggle to find an identity they're really comfortable with.

I agree the friar is their best logo, and they need to do a much better job of featuring that. The logo they have now with the waves and just Padres written across it I find to be one of the blandest in sports.

I wouldn't mind seeing the brown come back, just long as they don't bring back the yellow with it. I'm personally impartial to their late 80's Uni's, and anything they do with brown I would base largely on those.

The one thing I do like about their look now though is how it matches the wall color at home. I know that's kind of random, but I like when teams have that going for them. I don't how Petco Park would look with brown walls, instead of blue ones but it may not be that bad. I'd imagine it would give kind of an earthy feel to the place. But there's no team I no of at any level that has brown walls at their ballpark, so there's nothing to really compare it to. If there's someone that can find a picture of a ballpark with them that would be great.

Archived