Rugby World Cup Jerseys

Davidson

In fairness, Rugby jerseys have always tended to the template model. A rugby jersey in a way is as much a design classic as a polo shirt. And since tending toward more sporting designs they haven't moved away from the template idea.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couple more USA jerseys...not the RWC ones but they are the same minus the shirt sponsor:

9884.jpg

9885.jpg

I have also found Romania's yellow jersey. It's not too bad with the sublimated eagle. I'm liking what KooGa has done this year:

9685.jpg

And here is yet another uninspired CCC template for Russia RWC jersey. This is starting to look like the 20o7 RWC in France when Australia, Scotland and Ireland all had the exact same CCC template:

9400.jpg

And here is yet another uninspired CCC template for Russia RWC jersey. This is starting to look like the 20o7 RWC in France when Australia, Scotland and Ireland all had the exact same CCC template

and South Africa

not really a surprise, they did the same last year, pretty uninspired but not anywhere near a shocker to me.

problem is the smaller rugby countries dont have much money to put in for their own designs so they just use what their shirt maker has in their own colors

I don't know if I buy that one. Scotland and South Africa are both big name countries with deep rugby pockets and their jerseys are the same as each other as well as Russia's and the USA's...if anything, Japan has a somewhat unique design compared to the other CCC countries. KooGa has let all of the countries they supply use their own designs to a certain extent. All of the South Pacific countries have unique designs as does Romania and Georgia. Canada and Australia are the only ones from KooGa that look the same. I don't think they have released Namibia's yet and we are still waiting on the official release of Italy, Ireland and New Zealand (Kappa, Puma and Adidas).

There are two things here, as I said before there is a history and culture in rugby circles of 'templating' . A company like Canterbury has never really moved away from it.

The second thing is that comparitively there is little money in rugby replicas. Certainly compared to soccer, for instance. So even Nike and adidas aren't going to throw a lot of money at rugby jersey design.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I don't know if I buy that one. Scotland and South Africa are both big name countries with deep rugby pockets and their jerseys are the same as each other as well as Russia's and the USA's...if anything, Japan has a somewhat unique design compared to the other CCC countries. KooGa has let all of the countries they supply use their own designs to a certain extent. All of the South Pacific countries have unique designs as does Romania and Georgia. Canada and Australia are the only ones from KooGa that look the same. I don't think they have released Namibia's yet and we are still waiting on the official release of Italy, Ireland and New Zealand (Kappa, Puma and Adidas).

well i guess what i was trying to say is countries like scotland and south africa go with traditional colours and nothing too out of the blue (minus the gold on scotlands kit, not sure where that one came from) and then other countries just follow suit and wear the same template cause its not like they can afford to get canterbury to manufacture something new just for them. The usa and japan did a nice job working with the template to add some extra colors though, in the end im not too bothered by it.

I have also found Romania's yellow jersey. It's not too bad with the sublimated eagle. I'm liking what KooGa has done this year:

9685.jpg

Ah, now that would be someone who Australia could clash with...

Hate to say "I told ya so", but.....

Coca-Cola-Have-a-Coke-Poster.jpg

I would have thought the same thing if our roles were reversed.

As for the Maori designs incorporated into the logo designs like this....

PDR007009121.jpg

It's psychological warfare that will also turn a profit for Nike.

It worked for France four years ago.

image,Shane-spc-Williams,white,black.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived