Texas Tech white helmet

rainmaker17

I edited the show he's talking about. The white team wore those white helmets for the Red-White spring game. Considering they wore them once last year, I wouldn't be surprised to see them wear these a few times this year. They're UnderArmour, so it's definitely possible. The also wore a camo set last year that featured an altered double T.

UnderArmour makes helmets?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'd like to see them with red masks. More flash, more RED.

I'd like to see red face masks if they keep wearing the white helmets too, because it would be more historically accurate: Texas_Tech_OLD4.gif

but the black looks more like the navy facemasks Auburn wore, so don't expect a change to red.

I love all white uniforms

really?? :therock:

Yeah, so what? This wouldn't be a bad occasional look for the Saints for example, though I'm a bigger fan of the white over gold on the road.

2164845.jpg

BTW Archie, Mike Strachan's open (#33 in background). :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I agree on the red facemasks. The current striping and adding red masks would be very similar to the look Tech wore in 1974 (they wore the white helmets with similar striping and gray masks from 1970-73).

Tech's best look was from 1975-81 or so, with the white pants with thick red stripe outlined in black at home and on the road, red jerseys at home, white on the road, black helmets, white-red-white striping, and red masks.

All the black, although the current "fad" or "rage", is getting to be quite old. They are the RED Raiders.....

Tech's best look was from 1975-81 or so, with the white pants with thick red stripe outlined in black at home and on the road, red jerseys at home, white on the road, black helmets, white-red-white striping, and red masks.

I'm not trying to start a huge war here...but I'd put my vote in for the 94-97 years (Byron Hanspard era). The non-beveled double-T, double stripes on sleeves, red numbers on white jerseys, and a solid red alternate. I was a huge fan of that set.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm not trying to start a huge war here...but I'd put my vote in for the 94-97 years (Byron Hanspard era). The non-beveled double-T, double stripes on sleeves, red numbers on white jerseys, and a solid red alternate. I was a huge fan of that set.

I have to agree; those are pretty damn sharp. The combination of red and black doesn't need any beveling or stupid stripes (see also: Chicago Bulls).

6db7cdfb.jpg222277_display_image.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

they were ordered last season for use during practice (much cooler). They were used in at least one game and will be used again during this season. I think Tech is also getting new uniforms. I will have to check with one of the players I know on the team.

how many degrees cooler does a white shell keep ones head over a black one?

they were ordered last season for use during practice (much cooler). They were used in at least one game and will be used again during this season. I think Tech is also getting new uniforms. I will have to check with one of the players I know on the team.

how many degrees cooler does a white shell keep ones head over a black one?

I'm not sure, but it is noticeable during two-a-days in Texas.

Archived