2011 NFL Schedules

RETROJR79

For the first time in a got-damn decade, the Detroit Lions are hosting a Monday Night Football game. I was planning on going to the home opener again this year, but a Monday Night against Chicago just might have to be the game I make the trip for.

I might have to be attend this too. It could be another decade until we get another one.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Jets-Giants only comes every four years and its a special occasion and I think it gets hurt by being on Christmas Eve. There was a rumor throughout the day that the game was going to be played on Sunday Night in Week 1 as the 10th Anniversary of 9/11. I think that would have been a fantastic idea for the NFL to do that.

And the NFL knows there is no guarantee that Week 1 will actually take place with the lockout.

New Meadowlands was going to host a game on opening weekend date regardless, so why not schedule a bigger national draw in DAL and put it on NBC in a best case scenario. Garrett in his first season as a HC, Romo comes back, Rex vs. Rob and more.

If that game gets canceled, it is much lesser a big deal come September, as NYC area fans will not complain as much. Why put a false expectation to those fans that a CBA will be signed? Instead, use the Redskins/Giants as the 9/11 commemorative game and worry about the impact on the NFC East later. The NYG couldn't have their best home opponent as it is Green Bay and the Super Bowl Champ is not the Thursday night "teaser".

Archived