Designing the NHL.

Patchey13

Okay, I've been away from the boards for a while, and making concepts for even longer. I made this one back in January when the ASG jerseys were released. The pinstripes reminded me of the mid-ninties Blue Yellow and red jerseys, so I decided to make a concept with the same idea. The template is fairly basic with thin yellow pinstripes running down the length of the arms. The alternate jersey uses focuses on the navy and yellow scheme the current alternate jersey uses.

I won't make you wait any longer, here it is.

stlouis2.png

I'd love to get some feedback. Thanks in advance.

Senators concept on post 8

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been thinking of making this a series. Up now is Ottawa, with a set inspired by previous jerseys from their past, most notably the alternate jersey. As usual I'd love to get some feedback, and possibly ideas for who to do next.

sens.png

The Blues home and away look great with those stripes and the Copperlite numbers. As for the alternate, I don't like the dark on dark clash between the logo and sweater. Maybe add an alternate logo to fit. The Sens are pretty solid. But, the 3rd looks recycled. I was never a fan of that logo nor the arrows on gold bar.

The Blues home and away look great with those stripes and the Copperlite numbers. As for the alternate, I don't like the dark on dark clash between the logo and sweater. Maybe add an alternate logo to fit. The Sens are pretty solid. But, the 3rd looks recycled. I was never a fan of that logo nor the arrows on gold bar.

or maybe try the lighter blue not like on the white jersey

or maybe try the lighter blue not like on the white jersey

I did try that, but didn't really like how it was the only light blue on the jersey. I'll fiddle with it in a bit, but for now I present the Sharks. This one is based off the Saskatoon Blades jersey. Generally I'd try to stay away from typical Edge jersey cuts, but in this case I think the shoulder yoke stripes really work for the Sharks, evoking the image of Shark fins. I switched to the lighter shade of teal they used pre-edge and experimented in replacing the Orange with Grey/Silver, but wasn't fond of the result. The alt originally had white in place of the teal, with orange trim. I settled with something similar to the past two alternate jerseys the team has used. Hope you enjoy them, I'm looking forward to what you all have to say.

sharks.png

Not bad, the lines really compliment each other, I'm not to fond of following the Edge jersey cuts myself but at least you did it nicely. Would be good though if that happened rarely in the upcoming teams you've yet designed.

Not bad, the lines really compliment each other, I'm not to fond of following the Edge jersey cuts myself but at least you did it nicely. Would be good though if that happened rarely in the upcoming teams you've yet designed.

You're right, and I definitely try to come up with original ideas, but sometimes I'm going to just go with what looks best. I've got the Ducks coming up next, but I'm stumped on the third jersey.

Archived