Designing the NHL.

Patchey13

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would change the colour selection on the buffalo away to the style used in the original jerseys. Like make the arm striped blue/yellow/blue and the waist stripes yellow/blue/yellow. And also fill in the shoulder yokes

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

I would change the colour selection on the buffalo away to the style used in the original jerseys. Like make the arm striped blue/yellow/blue and the waist stripes yellow/blue/yellow. And also fill in the shoulder yokes

I'm not trying to recreate the original jerseys though. Just saying.

Well it seems like nobody has anymore comments, so I figure I should release a double whammy. I was working on the Stars last night, and wanted to go back into the primary set up till 2007. At first I wanted to remove the green, then decided to use a kelly green before finally changing to the darker shade you see here. The alt goes for the collegiate feel the current set has and uses just Black, Gold and white.

stars-1.png

Normally I would only release one team at a time, but as I was working on this one, I really grew to like it. Normally I have troubles doing an original six team, but I had a vision in my mind from the start. Up next is the Leafs. I switched back to the old 67 leaf logo and really tried to find a good balance between the blue and white on each jersey. The alt was inspired by the Ballard era (my favorite Leafs jerseys)

leafs.png

One thing that's always bugged me with that Stars set is that the star in the wordmark doesn't line up with the big star

I love the Leafs' third.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

One thing that's always bugged me with that Stars set is that the star in the wordmark doesn't line up with the big star

I love the Leafs' third.

Great, I will never Unsee it. Thanks.

Same here...

Perhaps someone should try making a Stars jersey that isn't symmetrical, to match the logo?

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

It's been a few days, so here's the Hurricanes. I went with a spin on what they currently wear, with sweeping stripes on the arms evoking Hurricane winds. The alt. is fairly old fashioned with simple hurricane warning striping and a block font.

Hurricanes.png

Wow, Carolina's looks fantastic. Love the arm stripes. The home and road are fantastic. I think you could do something more with the Alternative. It looks alright, but its sorta plain. Overall great work.

Glad you like it. I'm probably going to start on the next team tomorrow, who ever it is.

I was working on the Stars last night, and wanted to go back into the primary set up till 2007. At first I wanted to remove the green, then decided to use a kelly green before finally changing to the darker shade you see here. The alt goes for the collegiate feel the current set has and uses just Black, Gold and white.

I would love to see the kelly green concept if you still have it.

I like pretty much every single concept in this thread, but for a few minor details here and there... good job!

I look forward to seeing the rest of the teams.

Thats good to hear. :) I feel more confident with every concept I've released.

I am surprised at how much I like the Hurricanes set. The shoulder and sleeves of the home and road looks really cool. The colors are balances very nicely. The alternate has a sweet retro meets modern look. Great job!

Thanks. Thats a good way to put it for the Alt.

I would love to see the kelly green concept if you still have it.

No I don't but I'll whip one up really quick.

I was pretty busy over the weekend, but I managed to finish up some more concepts I had on the backburners. Up next is Atlanta. The goal here was to create a single unified look for the Thrashers, something they have never had. I went along with the "Blueland" theme that I think really works for the team. I went with something out of the box for this one, as Atlanta is a team that doesn't really have a history yet. The Blue panels on the arms emulate wings, and play off of the shape of the logo as well. The alternate was the one that troubled me. I went through about 3 or 4 different designs before settling on what you see. It's one of those cases where , yeah it's a template (one I really like, and Ottawa misuses it) but I think it works for the Thrashers.

thrashers.png

Archived