Designing the NHL.

Patchey13

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it looks like nobody has any gripes with the Thrashers, so up next is Calgary. I love looking at their retro jerseys, and I think Red, Yellow and white make a great colour scheme so I rolled with it. The jerseys are very simple with Yellow and White stripes and a lace up collar. The alt. is my take on the late 90's jerseys, and trying to make them look passable.

flames.png

significantly better than what the Flames are currently wearing though black suits them well as an accent... just as long as it's used moderately.

I disagree with that. If it's just an accent it looks cheap (like the mid 90s) Flames. They look good with a lot of black, or none at all in my opinion.

Atlanta's home and road looks very nice. It makes the 3rd logo look, quite frankly, bad.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

My problem with the Thrashers is that you've completely eliminated red and brown from their colour scheme, and then you bring it back in full force with your alt. Either incorporate it in all the jerseys, or drop it completely.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

The Hurricanes, Thrashers and Flames need to hire you and use these concepts..

This. Although dont expect AS LLC to pay you...lol...cheap bastards.

My problem with the Thrashers is that you've completely eliminated red and brown from their colour scheme, and then you bring it back in full force with your alt. Either incorporate it in all the jerseys, or drop it completely.

I think that the purpose of an alternate jersey is to test out new designs and color combos and see the fans reactions to it.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

significantly better than what the Flames are currently wearing though black suits them well as an accent... just as long as it's used moderately.

I disagree with that. If it's just an accent it looks cheap (like the mid 90s) Flames. They look good with a lot of black, or none at all in my opinion.

The thin black outline around the Flames current primary is the difference between a good logo and a great logo. The mid 90's uniforms are a bad example because they were dragged down by the "podium" striping not the addition of black.

Next up is the Predators. I've had the pleasure ( (sleepz) ) of watching them these past 5 games in the playoffs, and I REALLY like the yellow in the arena. With the rumors of a new yellow jersey next year, I decided to run with it. The Home and Alt. are meant to each be worn 21 games at home, with the alt for designated "yellow outs" For the jerseys themselves I went with something a little more modern, while following the same Blue/White and silver scheme they currently use. The piping on the away is just meant to break up all of the white.

Predators.png

I really love the Preds, some of these have been downright outstanding and 10 times better than their current sets. The yellow looks really cool for the Preadtors and you did a nice job of making it fit. I also really like the piping on the uniforms, it actually looks pretty decent.

Archived