2011-12 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

jhans203

still the subway token logo alt was the best they've ever had. All they would need to do is swap the black with grey or white. I've always like the NY logo too, even though it is pretty much the same as the Yanks. Just as long as they keep some sort of NY/NYK logo in use I'll be happy.

As far as the uniforms. Hopefully they'll lose the black side panels on the roads. OKC kind of ripped them off and I'd like to see Orange used more prominently, with a black only used for piping.

Sort of off topic...but I did these quick logos a few weeks ago, just trying to make an updated logo with kind of a retro feel. The alternate is sort of supposed to resemble tall buildings..

Knicks-2.jpg

I thought about making it into a concept but really don't have time for that...maybe eventually once the logos are finalized

That secondary is nice. I would like to see it simplified.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new Knicks logo looks pretty good (knowing that all you can do is recolor in the NBA it seems). They better be keeping the subway token logo as a secondary, however.

I think all the recent recolors are a result of the "new logo" fee each team would have to pay. Even though they are recolored or have minor changes, they are still considered the same by the NBA. I mean it shouldn't seem like a big deal for NBA owners to pay some little fee to change a logo, but who knows...

The new Knicks logo looks pretty good (knowing that all you can do is recolor in the NBA it seems). They better be keeping the subway token logo as a secondary, however.

I think all the recent recolors are a result of the "new logo" fee each team would have to pay. Even though they are recolored or have minor changes, they are still considered the same by the NBA. I mean it shouldn't seem like a big deal for NBA owners to pay some little fee to change a logo, but who knows...

Yeah, that's why I said it seems like that's all the owners are willing to do these days. Not that the Knicks logo is bad (far from it I feel like) it's just that in general nobody and I mean nobody seems to want to pay the fee (see: Washington Wizards, Utah Jazz, et al.)

Mind you, the logo fee is a pretty stupid one

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

With the rate that many teams are losing money, half a million to change logo, on top of whatever other costs come with that process, is too big a price. That's why we've generally only been seeing whole-scale logo changes when new owners take over (see Golden State).

With the rate that many teams are losing money, half a million to change logo, on top of whatever other costs come with that process, is too big a price. That's why we've generally only been seeing whole-scale logo changes when new owners take over (see Golden State).

I had heard something that the 1st and 4th draft picks this year cost Dan Gilbert like $30 million or some ridiculous number like that. Surprising that he wouldn't pay that small fee. But with the Cavs I'm glad they just recolored the logo, there was no need for more drastic changes...

I had heard something that the 1st and 4th draft picks this year cost Dan Gilbert like $30 million or some ridiculous number like that. Surprising that he wouldn't pay that small fee. But with the Cavs I'm glad they just recolored the logo, there was no need for more drastic changes...

Yeah, I think the point is, why pay $500,000 to modify your identity, if you aren't required to. $500,000 is $500,000.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Way to sneak some Comic Sans in your post. ^_^

They are.

I'll point out right now that the Blue, Orange, and even the Silver are all changed from the previous identity. The Blue is going back to the shade used in the '60s-'80s eras (minus the Navy and Burgundy period), but the Orange is a new shade. The Silver is now a non-metallic Gray.

...oh, and I almost forgot - the best part of this recolor is that the Knicks no longer will need two different shades of Blue - a lighter one for the logos, and a darker one for the uniforms - as they have since the mid-to-late-'90s.

...oh, and I almost forgot - the best part of this recolor is that the Knicks no longer will need two different shades of Blue - a lighter one for the logos, and a darker one for the uniforms - as they have since the mid-to-late-'90s.

Are they going with the lighter blue? I actually think the darker one they've been using looks the best on the uniforms.

Are they going with the lighter blue? I actually think the darker one they've been using looks the best on the uniforms.

Well the lighter blue they were using in the logos before was the same blue as the Thunder (hence them having a darker uni color). But now the new blue they are using is more of a "blue" blue, and there is no need for a seperate uni color because its pretty much their uni color anyway.

KnicksBlue.png

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

I saw the new Knicks logo this morning on Sportscenter's mock draft board. I don't get any pics though.

From the video on ESPN.com:

espnknicks.jpg

Thanks for finding that.

Looks like ESPN isn't even waiting for the draft to happen to announce the most obvious team-player pairing.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

is there any news how the wizards court will look like?

Not that I know of.

But, the Mystics court is blue along the sidelines/baselines, with the "paint" painted red. There is also no two-toned woodstain to be found.

I would be happy if the Wiz court ends up looking something like that, too.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Subway token is still all over the Knicks site. The old logo is still in places, too. No sign of the new one.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Paging CWx...

Do the Mavericks use the same two shades of blue as the Cowboys? Sorry if this has been asked before.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived