2011-12 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

jhans203

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a fan of teams dressing up as teams that they are not.

A team represents their current city and all of the basketball (for example) history.

I had never even heard of the Stars before today. The Jazz have been there for close to 30 years and I imagine very few people there remember or care anything about the Stars. The Bulls stupidly wore Chicago Stags uniforms a few times. The Bulls are one of the premier franchises in NBA history, and they are giving up their look for a few games to "honor" a :censored:ty team which lasted lasted four seasons and hasn't played for 55 years? It's not like the people of Chicago had fond memories of the Stags or the people of Miami longed for the return of the Floridians. There is no need for this.

As for the game, to anyone who plays the current NBA games, do they give players accurate tatoos, or do they have a few templates with generic tatoos in corresponding areas?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Stars are actually held in high regard here. Before RSL won the MLS Cup in '09, the ABA Stars were the first and only professional champion in state history (1971), so the Stars are known here. I really don't think most Utahns would mind a Stars throwback as a tribute. Of course, it'd get annoying if it was worn every other game, but once or twice or even three times in the season wouldn't be all that bad.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I had never even heard of the Stars before today. The Jazz have been there for close to 30 years and I imagine very few people there remember or care anything about the Stars. The Bulls stupidly wore Chicago Stags uniforms a few times. The Bulls are one of the premier franchises in NBA history, and they are giving up their look for a few games to "honor" a :censored:ty team which lasted lasted four seasons and hasn't played for 55 years? It's not like the people of Chicago had fond memories of the Stags or the people of Miami longed for the return of the Floridians. There is no need for this.

As for the game, to anyone who plays the current NBA games, do they give players accurate tatoos, or do they have a few templates with generic tatoos in corresponding areas?

The Stars are actual pretty well remembered around here, particularly among Jazz fans. My only fear would be that the uninformed would embarrass everyone wondering why the Jazz were throwing back to the Starzz....

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

The Stars are actually held in high regard here. Before RSL won the MLS Cup in '09, the ABA Stars were the first and only professional champion in state history (1971), so the Stars are known here. I really don't think most Utahns would mind a Stars throwback as a tribute. Of course, it'd get annoying if it was worn every other game, but once or twice or even three times in the season wouldn't be all that bad.

Exactly. Considering how many games are actually played, 1 to 3 games is nothing and if the fans like it, so be it. I can understand complaints if it was the NFL's 16 game schedule, but NBA and MLB are very different and there is zero harm in paying respects to a city's previous franchise(s).

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Not a fan of teams dressing up as teams that they are not.

A team represents their current city and all of the basketball (for example) history.

This is why the Jazz should honor the Stars. They accomplished more than the Jazz ever have.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Another argument against wearing old ABA jerseys that are not your own is that they often look terrible. Look at those Charlie Finley monstrosities. They look like schmucks at the Y. Professionals don't wear non-matching shorts! Come on now.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Another argument against wearing old ABA jerseys that are not your own is that they often look terrible. Look at those Charlie Finley monstrosities. They look like schmucks at the Y. Professionals don't wear non-matching shorts! Come on now.

That was kinda the point of those Tams unis - they had a white set, gold set and a green set (all of Charlie Finlay's teams used the same colour scheme) which they mixed and matched. It'd be a nice touch if it were a random combo every time you played as them in the game.

At the end of the day a team shouldn't be throwing back to a team they never were from a league they never played in. The Memphis Grizzlies do not represent the history of pro basketball in Memphis, Tennessee. The only history they represent is their own. Throwing back to the teal and black Grizzlies set makes more sense then Tams throwbacks.

Bulls Xmas & Cavs blue alt:

417044004.jpg

Better not see the Cavaliers in that :censored: this season. Those are horrible.

I agree it looks pretty bad. Chances are we will only see it once next season. I definitely don't see it as a regular alternate since they seem to have gone completely away from using blue in their color scheme, and the alt will most likely be yellow. The thing I don't understand is why they use that shade of blue with wine and gold for cavfanatic unis? I don't think they ever wore those 3 colors together and they do not look very good at all...

All new NBA unis for next season (as seen in NBA 2k12):

New Jazz & Kings alts:

417044617.jpg

The Sacramento alt. looks quite good, and the Utah's needs more (athletic) gold.

Jazz president Randy Rigby said that the primary color scheme for the alternate was going to be Green/A-Gold. Of course, the alts. could possibly not be released and this is a guess, but if accurate, it follows in Jazz tradition of taking steps in the right direction but ultimately failing to get a "just right" look.*

*Keeping in mind that people likely will disagree with me.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

All new NBA unis for next season (as seen in NBA 2k12):

Memphis Tams & Heat "Back In Black" uni:

417044356.jpg

Wow. That "black and white Heat" jersey is ugly as hell. But they deserve it, for a team full of d0uch3bag pieces of cheating scum.

Kinda reminds me of nWo.

LSDQB.jpg

NEW NEW NEW WORLD ORDER.

bSLCtu2.png

Back in black is kinda bad, but Military uni is one of the worst I've ever seen....

http://whosbestnbateam.blogspot.com/

On the hill we view the silence of the valley, Called to witness cycles only of the past, And we reach all this with movements in between the said remark

Close to the edge, down by the river, Down at the end, round by the corner

Seasons will pass you by, Now that it's all over and done, called to the seed, right to the sun, Now that you find now that you're whole

Seasons will pass you by, I get up, I get down -Yes

Archived