2011-12 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

jhans203

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we are moving away from the unpainted paint era, I'm all for it.

First Cleveland, now Toronto and OKC, I'm a happy camper.

Phoenix is the worst, that court makes me want to burn down the arena.

Don't worry, I think the crappy "PHX" logo at midcourt is more than capeable of burning it down for you.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

From the looks of it some of the teams look to be moving away from including the College key markings. I wonder if that means more changes in the future?

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

^I thought I was imaginging things when I saw the OKC court, like it wasn't complete or something. It had the semi-circle under the basket, but not the interior markings.

Am I correct here? The 'paint' represents the 3-second area, but the players play the inside line on foul shots.

• 2 weeks later...

From the looks of it some of the teams look to be moving away from including the College key markings. I wonder if that means more changes in the future?

Never got why they included them anyway. It's not like they don't swap out the floors for college games in most of these arenas anyway.

Well, from the front, the Jazz' green alt. has a hefty amount of green and gold, and it looks better than I thought:

6332155157_1665390bb2_m.jpg

However, I'm still wondering why those side panels are blue and not white or gold. This may be a guess by the game's designers, but we'll have to wait and see (however long that may be).

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

• 3 weeks later...

No, the Knicks were originally supposed to change their unis this year, but they pulled back their request at the last minute (I believe after they traded for Anthony). Maybe they figured they would sell a whole bunch of Anthony and Stoudemire jerseys for another year and then make people rebuy them a new style next season.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

^ Are they getting new uniforms without black?

No Black is the way to go... Somebody please tell the Islanders...

Also... what is that color on the 3D and background? Is that plain gray? Or some type of Taupe, brownish gray? Could that be incorporated to the uniforms somehow?

Also... what is that color on the 3D and background? Is that plain gray? Or some type of Taupe, brownish gray? Could that be incorporated to the uniforms somehow?

Same grey they had previously.

No - it's a flat, non-metallic Gray, as opposed to the metallic Silver they used to use.

No - it's a flat, non-metallic Gray, as opposed to the metallic Silver they used to use.

Didn't know that. Cheers CW!

Archived