2011-12 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

jhans203

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is correct. Since's it's the name of an organization, it doesn't change to El Caliente.

Other teams have fully translated the text. Take the Brewers, for example.

The Brewers might be the only example.

That's simple, $$$$. Who in the world would buy a jersey that says "Los Brewers" when Los Cerveceros looks so much cooler. The reason why it's El Heat is because it's correct. It's a proper name, therefore it doesn't translate. Turn on telemundo and watch some commercials, companies like McDonalds, Nextel, or any other english company doesn't translate to spanish. They throw El/Los on there because they want to appeal to the Latin community.

Posted at Lebron's facebook page

388022_10150480756519124_284300559123_8560199_1730325859_n.jpg

Heat's black on black

Yup that is officially in the Miami Heat uniform set for this season, as well as a usual Latin Nights uniform and a 6th (yes a SIXTH) uniform. Way too many uniforms.

I wonder why the Heat didn't wear these last year. They wore them in promotional shots.

Guess I might as well give in and show you...

389787_10150519245945110_631125109_10869371_1734517467_n.jpg

It looks like it's back to the satin fabric on those all black unis, unlike the other jerseys that had the breathable airholes

Go A's!

But in a market like Miami, translating it to "El Calor" covers all of your bases. The English-speaking fans will still buy it because, hey, it's Heat merch and it's special, and that includes the bilingual fans as well. Meanwhile, the Spanish-speaking fans will appreciate it as well.

I just don't understand why they wouldn't go for the full translation in one of the biggest Hispanic markets in the nation when teams with nowhere near the number of Spanish speakers (someone in Milwaukee who knows the demographic data can feel free to correct me) does more than that.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

But in a market like Miami, translating it to "El Calor" covers all of your bases. The English-speaking fans will still buy it because, hey, it's Heat merch and it's special, and that includes the bilingual fans as well. Meanwhile, the Spanish-speaking fans will appreciate it as well.

I just don't understand why they wouldn't go for the full translation in one of the biggest Hispanic markets in the nation when teams with nowhere near the number of Spanish speakers (someone in Milwaukee who knows the demographic data can feel free to correct me) does more than that.

Because it's not the Miami Heat doing it, but a league-wide thing with their Latin Nights games. You see El Heat, Los Bulls, Los Spurs, and you still know what the jersey is for, not to mention it's all trademarked and copyrighted, you can't trademark "Calor."

IMO, they should just scrap the whole Latin Nights thing altogther or have it as one weeked instead of spread out throughout the season.

Besides, in the spanish community, they don't call them El Calor, they call them El Heat because that's what it is. You don't change a proper noun. Is it really appealing when you change the name to El Calor when the community you're trying to appeal to calls them Heat in Spanish? Not at all, it's pandering.

Enough with the El/Los discussion. Let's not lose sight of what's important here: Floridians Throwback Night!

(Even if the jersey does lose some points for tacking on "Miami" on the front.)

If they do Latin Heritage, why not Chinese Heritage? I want a Chinese jersey

Aw dammit, here come the spammers.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Enough with the El/Los discussion. Let's not lose sight of what's important here: Floridians Throwback Night!

(Even if the jersey does lose some points for tacking on "Miami" on the front.)

If they do Latin Heritage, why not Chinese Heritage? I want a Chinese jersey

Aw dammit, here come the spammers.

I'm not a spammer. Having heritage night is lame because other cultures are left out. I would like to see a Chinese NBA jersey.

Anyway, here are some pics of the Warriors 50th season logo

121211_md_currycrisp.jpg

121211_md_klayinterview.jpg

121211_md_jenkingsgoof.jpg

Go A's!

you know what gets me with the latin nights?

lakers do it, but the clippers dont

what the hell

Donald Sterling hates Mexicans. It's documented in legal proceedings, if you'd like verification.

121211_md_jenkingsgoof.jpg

That's it. These one-off holiday uniforms have officially gone too far.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Damn it, it pisses me off when teams get the Hardwood Classics so wrong. Those Floridians unis NEVER had either the team or city name on the jerseys, and the NOB is way off. If they can't get it right, I'd rather they not bother at all.

It is correct. Since's it's the name of an organization, it doesn't change to El Caliente.

Other teams have fully translated the text. Take the Brewers, for example.

The Brewers might be the only example.

That's simple, $$$$. Who in the world would buy a jersey that says "Los Brewers" when Los Cerveceros looks so much cooler. The reason why it's El Heat is because it's correct. It's a proper name, therefore it doesn't translate. Turn on telemundo and watch some commercials, companies like McDonalds, Nextel, or any other english company doesn't translate to spanish. They throw El/Los on there because they want to appeal to the Latin community.

SF Giants have changed to Gigantes, Pirates to Piratas, Marineros, the Dodgers have apparently trademarked "Doyers" (http://www.duetsblog.com/2011/03/articles/guest-bloggers/los-doyers-goes-legit-are-you-cheering/). I'm sure it's been discussed many times before, but the way the NBA teams handle their Spanish language jerseys is so lazy. For an organization that is always thinking globally, they've done this poorly. Much worse than MLB.

Damn it, it pisses me off when teams get the Hardwood Classics so wrong. Those Floridians unis NEVER had either the team or city name on the jerseys, and the NOB is way off. If they can't get it right, I'd rather they not bother at all.

Don't forget that when the team had those jerseys they weren't the Miami Floridians, but simply The Floridians. So it's triple wrong?

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

I heard that this will be the logo adorning the Heat's warmup shirts for the Back in Black games:

35cna6b.jpg

:P

But seriously, incorrect throwbacks do bother me. They'd be better off just declaring it another alternate than trying to pass that off as a throwback.

Archived