2011-12 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

jhans203

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the font, but I hate that it says "Mavs", just like I hated it when the Cavaliers spent almost 20 years with "Cavs" across their jerseys. Either put the city name, or team name, not some abbreviation. Same with all this "PHX" and "ATL" crap.

I like the font, but I hate that it says "Mavs", just like I hated it when the Cavaliers spent almost 20 years with "Cavs" across their jerseys. Either put the city name, or team name, not some abbreviation. Same with all this "PHX" and "ATL" crap.

I agree. I'd love so see a full Mavericks script in that style or the style the Dallas script is in, but as for abbreviations, like Cavs, PHX, ATL, etc, I actually kind of like them but for alternates only. Not a good idea full time, but looks pretty cool on an alt IMO.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I agree. I'd love so see a full Mavericks script in that style or the style the Dallas script is in, but as for abbreviations, like Cavs, PHX, ATL, etc, I actually kind of like them but for alternates only. Not a good idea full time, but looks pretty cool on an alt IMO.

I'd love to see a full on Mavericks script too, in that style. If I had photoshop skills, I'd love to see a modernized version of this guy 9bjmx5zlk506mle5slggyeepe.gif

with the "Mavs" style script.

New Jazz green alts. I love the green, but I kinda wish the side panels were gold or white.

Wow. These are easily the best unis in the Jazz current line-up. Gold or white side panels would make them look too much like the Packers (or the Sonics, as previously mentioned), IMO.

Totally agree...the early 80's ones looked like weird Sonics jerseys; the blue side panels tie it into the overall identity much better. I do think the road and the alt might be better served with more gold replacing the white. The white wordmark on the New Orleans and early Utah jerseys always looked cheap to me.

As I've stated multiple times, the navy really works just fine as a purple substitute for me. It just looks like another shade of the classic purple and maintains the traditional colors adequately IMO. I'm not sure what it is about the contrast with the green and everything, but it doesn't strike me as a jarring wrong blue.

New Jazz green alts. I love the green, but I kinda wish the side panels were gold or white.

Wow. These are easily the best unis in the Jazz current line-up. Gold or white side panels would make them look too much like the Packers (or the Sonics, as previously mentioned), IMO.

Totally agree...the early 80's ones looked like weird Sonics jerseys; the blue side panels tie it into the overall identity much better. I do think the road and the alt might be better served with more gold replacing the white. The white wordmark on the New Orleans and early Utah jerseys always looked cheap to me.

As I've stated multiple times, the navy really works just fine as a purple substitute for me. It just looks like another shade of the classic purple and maintains the traditional colors adequately IMO. I'm not sure what it is about the contrast with the green and everything, but it doesn't strike me as a jarring wrong blue.

I'm not a huge fan of the blue, but it could be worse. I think I like the thirds the best because the navy uniforms just scream "it's not purple!" to me. But I also think that purple on the new thirds would look too much like the original Mighty Ducks uniforms form the first movie...

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

So, I have a few questions/confirmations:

- now the only teams without a modern alternate (not a HWC or throwback) are the Bobcats, Cavs, Warriors, Clippers, Nets, Knicks, Thunder, Spurs, & Wizards?

- when will the Sixers be unveiling their new blue alternate?

- is the Pistons' red alternate retired? It's still listed as "present" on this site.

- is the 'Mardi Gras' jersey still in the Hornets' repertoire?

- how did Utah skirt the "rule" of waiting 2 years before implementing an alternate?

ujsignature.png

389787_10150519245945110_631125109_10869371_1734517467_n.jpg

Damn it, it pisses me off when teams get the Hardwood Classics so wrong. Those Floridians unis NEVER had either the team or city name on the jerseys, and the NOB is way off. If they can't get it right, I'd rather they not bother at all.

Not only that, but the Floridians jersey would be way better if the players wore the same jersey numbers on the front and back. It's going to be really confusing this way.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Damn it, it pisses me off when teams get the Hardwood Classics so wrong. Those Floridians unis NEVER had either the team or city name on the jerseys, and the NOB is way off. If they can't get it right, I'd rather they not bother at all.

Not only that, but the Floridians jersey would be way better if the players wore the same jersey numbers on the front and back. It's going to be really confusing this way.

I think the 70 and 72 refers to the years in which the uniform was worn.

LOL!

Archived