2011-12 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

jhans203

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a NBA 2K12 forum, I read of two "hidden" uniforms that have yet to be given art files, but the names were provided:

- Miami Heat "Back In Black" uniform

- Toronto Raptors "Military Night" uniform

Maybe the Heat uni will be something along these lines?

NBA_Adidas_Miami_Heat_Chris_Bosh_Revolution_1_Swingman_Fashion_Black_Jersey.jpg

I can't begin to imagine what the Raps uni will look like, but nonetheless, I find it odd that the only Canadian team will do homage to the military. Will it be US military-related? Or maybe Canadian military-related? I'm sensing some irony there somewhere...

Yes they will. Newly unvealed.

the_miami_heat_debut_their_new_darker_alternate_jerseys.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

yea, i hate the current sixers set. Like I said, they should just modernize the 80's look. Keep the script and numbers layered up with the red and blue. bring back the red/white/blue waistband, sleeves and collar. It would be cool to see them use a different template then the one they are currently using.

They should've just stuck with the Iverson-era stuff.

And good lord those Mavs alts are terrible. When are they gonna let that concept die? Next thing you know they'll try and bring back the trash bags with that wordmark.

So I take it the Heat are trying to be the Spurs now??

Nah. They're trying to be the nWo of the NBA. View the evidence below.

hulk-hogan-nwo.jpg

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

So I take it the Heat are trying to be the Spurs now??

Nah. They're trying to be the nWo of the NBA. View the evidence below.

hulk-hogan-nwo.jpg

4 LIFE!

I remember when that video came out. I wonder what kind of other "nWo" like stuff they're going to wear. Maybe their warmup shirts will be black and white or something...

Go A's!

Here's my take on a few of the topics:

-I like the Sixers current set. Is it perfect? No. But it's not bad looking. It is very simple and looks nice, especially the home whites. It might not be the most exciting set, but it blows away the Iverson-era abomination.

-While it is odd that the Mavs script has been used on three different color jerseys, this last switch atleast makes sense. I loved it when it was green and was sad to see the Mavs drop it, but it didn't fit into their current identity. To make it powder blue, which is one of their team colors, along with the navy regular road was a move that made sense. When the regular roads became powder blue before last season, dropping it made sense to not have two powder blues. Now, bringing it back as navy is a move that makes sense in my mind. The Mavs uni and the road essentially traded colors over that last two years.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

New mavs alt:

Agj3nzeCMAAwFGq.jpg

Are the Mavs the first team to ever wear three different alternate jerseys, all the same design but in three different colors?

The first incarnation...

DirkMVP.jpg

And the second...

Screenshot2011-12-06at114307PM.png

Well, it looks like they moved the (now different) number to the "right" spot for this version, too. So the design isn't exactly the same other than the colors. But it is very interesting what they've done the past two years with color flips.

76ers have minimized some of the red in the collar of their home white jersey.

OLD

20100928_dn_g2sixs28s.JPG

vs.

NEW

24a493984e15ad87983a3a70d983.jpg

That is a huge upgrade, the collar looked awful on the jerseys, it now at least looks ok. Can't wait to see the blues.

I think the Sixers new look is good even though it is a little bland. The home whites look great IMO, while the road reds are a little boring they are what they are. They still look a lot better than some of the "flashy" nba duds (i'm looking at you Atlanta).

21dh5qp.png

Here's my take on a few of the topics:

-I like the Sixers current set. Is it perfect? No. But it's not bad looking. It is very simple and looks nice, especially the home whites. It might not be the most exciting set, but it blows away the Iverson-era abomination.

-While it is odd that the Mavs script has been used on three different color jerseys, this last switch atleast makes sense. I loved it when it was green and was sad to see the Mavs drop it, but it didn't fit into their current identity. To make it powder blue, which is one of their team colors, along with the navy regular road was a move that made sense. When the regular roads became powder blue before last season, dropping it made sense to not have two powder blues. Now, bringing it back as navy is a move that makes sense in my mind. The Mavs uni and the road essentially traded colors over that last two years.

That's light royal blue, not powder. Powder blue is what the Nuggets use. A much much lighter blue.

Archived