2011-12 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

jhans203

anyone know when the Sixers will wear the new Blue atl

Funny - I was bowling tonight with one of their beat writers, and I told him about the blue alt. He kept asking me where I heard of it and if I knew when they were going to wear it so he could "break" it (if they hadn't announced it by then.)

haha...how do we know about the uni, and not a beat writer? that's weak sauce from him!

Well writers aren't scouring the net looking for jerseys that were leaked on video games, and the team hasn't released anything about it. I'm not sure a new jersey is the type of thing that a writer would pay off someone to get the scoop on.

But that's still something anyone remotely connected to the organization who is "in the know" would have a clue about. He doesn't sound like a very good reporter.

Why would he "keep" asking you where you heard of it and when they were going to wear it? Did you not answer him?

Not if the team is keeping it a secret and doesn't want it leaked. It's not a big enough thing to warrant any investigation. You are being completely unfair.

In hind sight I exaggerated the last part. By "kept" asking me, he asked me once. Then probably decided that pissing off the organization who he relies on for player exclusives and access to things by leaking an alternate jersey that next-to-nobody is going to care about wouldn't be worth it.

I'm not being completely unfair. The guy is a Sixers beat reporter. It is his JOB to have somewhat of an the inside scoop on stuff like that. If a bunch of casual nobodies (in the context of this situation) on the Internet know about something the team is doing that he doesn't, then he's not doing a very good job, plain and simple.

And if you did "tell" him about it, that doesn't mean he would have to "leak" it. He would just "know." It's basically public information now anyway, which is why it's even crazier that he was clueless about it. Enough NBA fans play video games that it's "out there" now. Do a Google search for "sixers blue alternate" or some variation of that. He'd essentially be "breaking" news that is already out there, and there would be no reason for your organization to be pissed at him.

And really, you think next-to-nobody is going to care about it? With the way the team has been playing, I think their jersey sales and fan involvement is going to skyrocket this season... wouldn't be surprised if a lot of fans are really looking forward to its official release and the team wearing it in games.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found it on colours-of-football forum

uniswizkuwait1.jpg

What is this?

Some club in Kuwait took the Wizards jersey design and put their own logos on it:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/kuwait-basketball-team-borrows-wizards-uniform-scheme/2012/01/11/gIQAJekKrP_blog.html

ahh. My initial reaction was that it was the other way around. I wonder how often stuff like this happens in the sports uniforms world?

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Wow if I had any doubts that the team and fans want the now Golden State Warriors to go through with their proposed move back to San Francisco they're gone now. Looking around on Thursday at the game, throwback "The City" or even older throwback "San Francisco" gear from the days their mascot was still a Native American seemed to be the norm among the fans and the items being pushed for sale by the team. It actually appeared more rare to be wearing "Golden State" apparel, particularly anything from before the blue and gold rebrand last year.

^ There's a proposed plan to go back to San Fran? Where would they play?

New arena to be built just south of AT&T Park near one of the piers across from the ballpark. The Giants are trying to help make it happen and have been meeting with the Warriors owners. They've actually been using the A's now comparatively long time plans to leave and the Raiders new threats as a very effective screen. Most people either forgot or haven't even heard they're trying to skip town because they've been so distracted by the Raiders and A's.

I'd honestly hate for them to change their name. Golden State is one of the most unique names in sports history. As a kid, it blew my mind when I first got into the NBA, I saw all of these teams and then "Golden State" it was like "Wow, that's badass", however the problem that management probably has, is that I didn't know where "Golden State" was. :wacko:

bSLCtu2.png

I'd honestly hate for them to change their name. Golden State is one of the most unique names in sports history. As a kid, it blew my mind when I first got into the NBA, I saw all of these teams and then "Golden State" it was like "Wow, that's badass".

I'm with you. Some might say it's sounds collegiate, but I think it's a pretty clever name.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Wow if I had any doubts that the team and fans want the now Golden State Warriors to go through with their proposed move back to San Francisco they're gone now. Looking around on Thursday at the game, throwback "The City" or even older throwback "San Francisco" gear from the days their mascot was still a Native American seemed to be the norm among the fans and the items being pushed for sale by the team. It actually appeared more rare to be wearing "Golden State" apparel, particularly anything from before the blue and gold rebrand last year.

I don't think that necessarily means that they want a move back to San Fran, I think it just means that they like the logos and uniforms from that era more. I'm not saying that they don't want to see the team back in San Francisco, I just don't think that what kinds of jerseys they're wearing is any showing of it.

I'd honestly hate for them to change their name. Golden State is one of the most unique names in sports history. As a kid, it blew my mind when I first got into the NBA, I saw all of these teams and then "Golden State" it was like "Wow, that's badass".

I'm with you. Some might say it's sounds collegiate, but I think it's a pretty clever name.

Don't think it sounds collegiate, but I do think it sounds non-committal. And it's always been a bit of a face slap to the city of Oakland that they weren't good enough to have their name put on the team who they built and later heavily renovated a public arena for. And the excuse they used when they switched to Golden State was just lame (that they wanted to appeal to the whole state after the Rockets moved to Houston from SD despite the Warriors only playing six games in San Diego).

I don't think that necessarily means that they want a move back to San Fran, I think it just means that they like the logos and uniforms from that era more. I'm not saying that they don't want to see the team back in San Francisco, I just don't think that what kinds of jerseys they're wearing is any showing of it.

Well it's not just the throwback logos and unis (like the ones below) and the new SF logo and accompanying gear (again below) being pimped by the ownership to the fans, it's the fact they've been meeting with the Giants about moving to SF and the fact that every major team event except for games since the new ownership took over has been held in SF. Put it altogether and you get the sense they've already got one foot out the door.

3196240_s1_i1.jpg

city_display_image.jpg?1311830276

Golden_State_Warriors_Secondary_Logo.gif

Well it's not just the throwback logos and unis (like the ones below) and the new SF logo and accompanying gear (again below) being pimped by the ownership to the fans, it's the fact they've been meeting with the Giants about moving to SF and the fact that every major team event except for games since the new ownership took over has been held in SF. Put it altogether and you get the sense they've already got one foot out the door.

(pictures)

ahh. I was speaking specifically of the fans with my post. I missed the part about the owners. I agree with you about the team wanting to make the move based off of what I've seen and heard. (New SF logo, conversations about moving.)

As for the fans, I think the main reason they wear so much San Francisco-era gear is that is simply looks better than what they currently have or have been wearing prior.

San Francisco is the capital of the region; it's only natural that they be there. The fact that the Bay Area is basically a big 'U' shape makes it hard/impossible for there to be one centralized location, but I can't think of a better place for them to be than downtown San Francisco.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Funny - I was bowling tonight with one of their beat writers, and I told him about the blue alt. He kept asking me where I heard of it and if I knew when they were going to wear it so he could "break" it (if they hadn't announced it by then.)

haha...how do we know about the uni, and not a beat writer? that's weak sauce from him!

Well writers aren't scouring the net looking for jerseys that were leaked on video games, and the team hasn't released anything about it. I'm not sure a new jersey is the type of thing that a writer would pay off someone to get the scoop on.

But that's still something anyone remotely connected to the organization who is "in the know" would have a clue about. He doesn't sound like a very good reporter.

Why would he "keep" asking you where you heard of it and when they were going to wear it? Did you not answer him?

Not if the team is keeping it a secret and doesn't want it leaked. It's not a big enough thing to warrant any investigation. You are being completely unfair.

In hind sight I exaggerated the last part. By "kept" asking me, he asked me once. Then probably decided that pissing off the organization who he relies on for player exclusives and access to things by leaking an alternate jersey that next-to-nobody is going to care about wouldn't be worth it.

If you actually watch the Sixer's intros and Outros when they show you who the game is brought to you by (this game is brought to you by McDonald's, etc.) they scroll the camera across the home, road and blue jersey laying on the hardwood floor. It's only close up but you can see the Sixers against the blue jersey. That's probably where that shot of the jersey came from too.

21dh5qp.png

1326768248' post='1728096']
1326667402' post='1727062']
1326483551' post='1725779']
1326469467' post='1725667']
1326467471' post='1725655']
1326432219' post='1725528']
1326422500' post='1725413']

If you actually watch the Sixer's intros and Outros when they show you who the game is brought to you by (this game is brought to you by McDonald's, etc.) they scroll the camera across the home, road and blue jersey laying on the hardwood floor. It's only close up but you can see the Sixers against the blue jersey. That's probably where that shot of the jersey came from too.

I tweeted Adam Aron about it, we'll see if he replies.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

How the hell is that Sixers jersey a leak? It's January 2012, the season is well underway, and the jersey is unlocked in NBA 2K12 for the entire world to see. The Sixers are the ones being idiots and not doing anything. I hate it when teams take forever to debut new stuff. The Winnipeg Jets annoyed the crap out of me by waiting until it was too late, and because of this, NHL 12 shipped without the freaking uniforms.

bSLCtu2.png

Archived