2011-12 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

jhans203

How the hell is that Sixers jersey a leak? It's January 2012, the season is well underway, and the jersey is unlocked in NBA 2K12 for the entire world to see. The Sixers are the ones being idiots and not doing anything. I hate it when teams take forever to debut new stuff. The Winnipeg Jets annoyed the crap out of me by waiting until it was too late, and because of this, NHL 12 shipped without the freaking uniforms.

The majority of the world doesn't sit around and play video games and therefore has no knowledge of it. Most of the world isn't all concerned about new uniforms and logos like we on this forum are, and most of the ticket-buying population probably doesn't play playstation all day long. I would have assumed that they'd have an unveiling or at least a press release when they were ready for it. The CEO just tweeted me and said that it won't debut before late March or early April.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How the hell is that Sixers jersey a leak? It's January 2012, the season is well underway, and the jersey is unlocked in NBA 2K12 for the entire world to see. The Sixers are the ones being idiots and not doing anything. I hate it when teams take forever to debut new stuff. The Winnipeg Jets annoyed the crap out of me by waiting until it was too late, and because of this, NHL 12 shipped without the freaking uniforms.

To be fair to the Jets, I'm pretty sure they were originally intending to go with an entirely different name, until they saw how mad the fanbase was for the Jets name. Hence a late complete change of plan and new uni set designed apparently practically from scratch in the time between announcing the team had gone to Winnipeg and the jersey unveiling itself, it's not like they were just holding back cause they could, or to be coy about it.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

interstitial_blackinblack_120118.jpg

Ugly, boring, dull... their regular unis are so much better than this... why bother? It's not the late 90s anymore, they don't need to strongly (and I mean strongly) emphasize black to look "tough."

And what the hell do they mean by "back in black?" If I'm not mistaken they've worn black for like... their entire existence?

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

The majority of the world doesn't sit around and play video games and therefore has no knowledge of it. Most of the world isn't all concerned about new uniforms and logos like we on this forum are, and most of the ticket-buying population probably doesn't play playstation all day long. I would have assumed that they'd have an unveiling or at least a press release when they were ready for it. The CEO just tweeted me and said that it won't debut before late March or early April.

But it's all over the Internet... anyone with Internet access, particularly a SIXERS REPORTER, who has no idea of this, is clueless. It has nothing to do with owning and playing Playstation all day, I don't even play Playstation.

Maybe most of the world isn't concerned about new NBA uniforms, but it's something a SIXERS REPORTER who is doing his job should have a clue about.

And wait, the CEO just tweeted you about the new blue alt? As in, on the INTERNET? As in, anyone with Internet can access it and know about it? Thank you.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

But it's all over the Internet... anyone with Internet access, particularly a SIXERS REPORTER, who has no idea of this, is clueless. It has nothing to do with owning and playing Playstation all day, I don't even play Playstation.

Maybe most of the world isn't concerned about new NBA uniforms, but it's something a SIXERS REPORTER who is doing his job should have a clue about.

And wait, the CEO just tweeted you about the new blue alt? As in, on the INTERNET? As in, anyone with Internet can access it and know about it? Thank you.

Yeah, you got me. Reporters should stop writing game stories, interviewing players after games, talking to medial personnel and front office folks about things that most people are about, and instead google around for message boards full of 12-year-old idiot kids posting pictures of their video games. I'll let him know that his career is a sham.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah, you got me. Reporters should stop writing game stories, interviewing players after games, talking to medial personnel and front office folks about things that most people are about, and instead google around for message boards full of 12-year-old idiot kids posting pictures of their video games. I'll let him know that his career is a sham.

Yes, but I spent my first semester as a beat reporter on the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, and because I knew about the 2012 overhaul (thanks CCSLC), I was able to better inform my audience.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Yes, but I spent my first semester as a beat reporter on the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, and because I knew about the 2012 overhaul (thanks CCSLC), I was able to better inform my audience.

That's all well and good, but I think that what most on here don't realize is that the average audience doesn't care - especially about an alt. A full re-design yeah, but not something minor like this. While people are always trying to "break" stories, there's times when effort is better spend elsewhere - especially with a season as condensed as this one and with all of the extra travel and work involved.

interstitial_blackinblack_120118.jpg

Ugly, boring, dull... their regular unis are so much better than this... why bother? It's not the late 90s anymore, they don't need to strongly (and I mean strongly) emphasize black to look "tough."

And what the hell do they mean by "back in black?" If I'm not mistaken they've worn black for like... their entire existence?

nwo_1.jpg

nwo_1.jpg

Classic, Ice_Cap!! At least the nWo was much more original than this Miami Heat :censored:

I would've preferred the Heat in something much brighter. Kind of what the Marlins did. At the very least, if the Heat really felt the need to go with a darker look, then they should've just worn the Vibe Revolution fashion jersey on the court.

thumbca5lmfpd.jpg

At least this look does a better job of resembling a temperature change, which perfectly fits the Heat name.

I might be the only one, but I kind of like the all black jerseys. It makes it look like they're embracing the bad guy image that everybody has of them. For a special NBA jersey, you can do a lot worse.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I might be the only one, but I kind of like the all black jerseys. It makes it look like they're embracing the bad guy image that everybody has of them. For a special NBA jersey, you can do a lot worse.

i agree.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Archived