My Inkscape Practice Concepts

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl

so that when I make concepts for like my series. they look good. I put effort into the practice concept I posted. but I admit the way I went with it was proboly a bad choice. but lesson learned. don"t do camo jerseys. I got alot of creative ideas in my head. it"s just executing them that"s the problem. but I hope the jump to Inkscape will help.

It's not about camo jerseys, hell if you made a camo jersey and managed to pull it off than all the power to you. Be creative and let those juices flow. I personally stick with paint and have done a little dabbling with inkscape. No it's not the easiest thing to learn, but if you just take that little bit of extra time on your concepts you will generally get positive feedback.

i understand. more time to be taken on concepts now..

wrb141.jpgnbahoopscardszxzx01.png

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Im Abby.. nice to meet you

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i understand. more time to be taken on concepts now..

I downloaded Inkscape months ago and started trying to use it instead of Paint.Net. It will definitely take some getting used to but the possibilities are much greater with vector graphics. Everything should look cleaner when done in Inkscape versus a paint program. I would definitely try to watch as many videos as possible. I need to go back and watch some of my own to refresh so I can get to just being a fraction as good as some of the artists on here.

gYH2mW9.png

I wouldn't say stop as in "give up", but I think you need to take some time off from actually posting your concepts and develop your skills at using Inkscape. You can get plenty of tips from other artists here without just posting everything and getting critiques from it. See what other people post and learn from the feedback they get. I was like you many years ago. I thought I could make a good concept in Paint in under an hour, but I was shown how wrong I was because few people actually liked what I made. You have to understand that the people on here who make great concepts have spent months to years mastering how to use whatever programs they use. You have to be the same.

But I think the best advice I can give is this: After you make a concept, close your eyes and try to imagine what this concept would look like if it were real, and imagine it exactly how you made it. For example, this concept you just posted. Can you see the Nationals wearing this the way you made it?

and yeah. I think the camo jersey should be Washington"s (being the country and military"s capital) but I also wasent trying to make it look pretty.

Then why post it?

I thought it didnt look the best. but I was not trying to make it look the best.

Then you're not trying, period.

but it is not horrible or sloppy.

Wow. Do you even take another look at your concepts before you post them?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I'm still trying to figure out how she gets more replies than me. I at least put in the effort to make them look half way decent

I know, my decent concepts won't get as nearly as much replies than this.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

I'm still trying to figure out how she gets more replies than me. I at least put in the effort to make them look half way decent

I got 5 replies on my Blues concept... :therock:

but it is not horrible or sloppy.

Unlike your grammar, spelling, punctuation, and general illiteracy.

Is anyone else finding these "posts" as lazy and painful to look at as the "concepts"?

Everyone likes a train wreck? :shocked:

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

train-wrecks-omg-cat-demotivational-poster-1275680086.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

train-wrecks-omg-cat-demotivational-poster-1275680086.jpg

4162010103910AM_ambition.jpg

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

Hey, look....it's the typical group of train wreck watchers.

If you're just going to post how much this person's concepts annoy you, or not to add any comments or criticism about the work, don't post.

Ironic that many of you mention post-padding and trolling, yet you continue to provide attention.

If it bothers you that much, ignore it.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

GUYS. I dont have the knowledge of what looks good or not. I create ideas I have (like the Camo nats jersey) I try to take your advice. BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO EXECUTE IT. the way I try to execute it seems to be wrong all the time.

dont except any new concepts from me for alest 4 days or more. I want to work on my skills behind the scenes now. im trying. but I dont know the knowledge to execute a good concept. im trying guys. im TRYING GUYS. ive only been doing this 7 months. and im trying to get better. your advice im sure is great. but half of what you say doesent make sense to me. it seems like everyone is annoyed with my concepts. I wanna get better. but I just dont have all the knowledge and skills. im trying guys seriously. I give a :censored: about these. but im still learning the do"s and dont"s. but I seem to be repeating the dont"s and that pisses me off so much. really it does.

and unimaniac. how do i get advice if I dont post concepts?

wrb141.jpgnbahoopscardszxzx01.png

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Im Abby.. nice to meet you

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

and unimaniac. how do i get advice if I dont post concepts?

Ask questions to people who consistently make good concepts. If you see a concept that you like, ask the artist questions about it. "How long did it take?" "How'd you do this?" "How'd you do that?" "How long did it take for you to be this good?" Stuff like that. Asking questions will get you better advice that just posting a concept. When someone posts a concept here, it is all but assumed that you know how the program you used works. And if you don't (as I'm sure you've noticed), it's not an excuse.

Again, practice, practice, practice. And dedicate yourself to each concept you make. You don't need to post every developmental stage of each concept. I'm sure you have it in you to determine whether something looks good or not. Remember what I said before: Before you post a concept, imagine it actually being put to use. I'm sure you can exercise better judgment if you just think about it.

One more thing: Never get discouraged by what people say about your concepts. Definitely listen to it, and take it to heart. But don't let anything they say stop you from getting better.

Archived