My Inkscape Practice Concepts

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl

and unimaniac. how do i get advice if I dont post concepts?

Ask questions to people who consistently make good concepts. If you see a concept that you like, ask the artist questions about it. "How long did it take?" "How'd you do this?" "How'd you do that?" "How long did it take for you to be this good?" Stuff like that. Asking questions will get you better advice that just posting a concept. When someone posts a concept here, it is all but assumed that you know how the program you used works. And if you don't (as I'm sure you've noticed), it's not an excuse.

Again, practice, practice, practice. And dedicate yourself to each concept you make. You don't need to post every developmental stage of each concept. I'm sure you have it in you to determine whether something looks good or not. Remember what I said before: Before you post a concept, imagine it actually being put to use. I'm sure you can exercise better judgment if you just think about it.

One more thing: Never get discouraged by what people say about your concepts. Definitely listen to it, and take it to heart. But don't let anything they say stop you from getting better.

I see. practice makes perfect, I mean I have some questions definatly. and I want to learn. I do have some questions. like how do you erase without accidently erasing a whole huge segment (these tools are very tricky. im trying to create side panels on a uniform im working on. but I cant ge the bottom part (used a camo template to make side panels out of) point me to right tools and such?>

wrb141.jpgnbahoopscardszxzx01.png

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Im Abby.. nice to meet you

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and unimaniac. how do i get advice if I dont post concepts?

Ask questions to people who consistently make good concepts. If you see a concept that you like, ask the artist questions about it. "How long did it take?" "How'd you do this?" "How'd you do that?" "How long did it take for you to be this good?" Stuff like that. Asking questions will get you better advice that just posting a concept. When someone posts a concept here, it is all but assumed that you know how the program you used works. And if you don't (as I'm sure you've noticed), it's not an excuse.

Again, practice, practice, practice. And dedicate yourself to each concept you make. You don't need to post every developmental stage of each concept. I'm sure you have it in you to determine whether something looks good or not. Remember what I said before: Before you post a concept, imagine it actually being put to use. I'm sure you can exercise better judgment if you just think about it.

One more thing: Never get discouraged by what people say about your concepts. Definitely listen to it, and take it to heart. But don't let anything they say stop you from getting better.

I see. practice makes perfect, I mean I have some questions definatly. and I want to learn. I do have some questions. like how do you erase without accidently erasing a whole huge segment (these tools are very tricky. im trying to create side panels on a uniform im working on. but I cant ge the bottom part (used a camo template to make side panels out of) point me to right tools and such?>

See, these are good questions to ask. I personally can't answer them because I don't know Inkscape, but the point is that the people here that do know are willing to help.

Inkscape is a really good tool when used right. It's not the tool, but how you'd use it. People always assume that moving to a vector-based program will magically make then good, but that's not always the case.

Honestly, you annoy the heck out of me, but I'm willing to help if you're willing to listen.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Inkscape is a really good tool when used right. It's not the tool, but how you'd use it. People always assume that moving to a vector-based program will magically make then good, but that's not always the case.

Honestly, you annoy the heck out of me, but I'm willing to help if you're willing to listen.

I do want help. really badly. so ill listen.

wrb141.jpgnbahoopscardszxzx01.png

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Im Abby.. nice to meet you

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

I do want help. really badly. so ill listen.

all you need to do is just pay attention and apply what people are suggesting. Study other peoples concepts and see what works for people and what doesn't.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I'm beginning to think she makes them this hideous on purpose to get people all riled up, leading to replies and giving her a good excuse for more post-padding.

"She" is a "he"... I'm sure of it. Go to "her" profile and look at "her" interests: " TV. Video Games. Girls. Sports. etc. "

Women can indeed be interested in those things - including other women. Also she claims to be a lesbian, so I'm inclined to believe that she's a girl with those interests until proven otherwise.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I'm beginning to think she makes them this hideous on purpose to get people all riled up, leading to replies and giving her a good excuse for more post-padding.

"She" is a "he"... I'm sure of it. Go to "her" profile and look at "her" interests: " TV. Video Games. Girls. Sports. etc. "

Women can indeed be interested in those things - including other women. Also she claims to be a lesbian, so I'm inclined to believe that she's a girl with those interests until proven otherwise.

Whelp, that is true. But regardless, color me very skeptical.

90758391980.gif

Archived