Wizards concept

The idea is there. The execution isn't bad by any means but does leave something to be desired. However, this is one instance where representing the city over the nickname just doesn't work because of how big of a stretch it is, at least in using the capital building. Using stars is about the only way it would work. Seeing the capital building in the logo for a team called the Wizards just seems too odd.

The idea is there. The execution isn't bad by any means but does leave something to be desired. However, this is one instance where representing the city over the nickname just doesn't work because of how big of a stretch it is, at least in using the capital building. Using stars is about the only way it would work. Seeing the capital building in the logo for a team called the Wizards just seems too odd.

I agree. It could work for a lot of Washington based teams if they had a vague enough moniker, but not for the Wizards.

Execution wise, I agree with Conrad. It's a good first attempt. The angles could be a bit more consistent. With organic imagery, it's not a bad idea to go asymmetrical, but with buildings, it looks a bit haphazard. I would personally work on half of the building, then do a mirror. Also, either thicken up the separation line, or find a different method in incorporating the two. A wordmark is the perfect way to break the two up without looking forced.

Thanks for all the early feedback guys.

I definitely agree I need to touch it up, you don't have to look to hard to see it's not perfectly symmetrical. Also, I like the idea of maybe using a wordmark to connect the dome and the ball, as well as the idea of reducing the stroke in the details of the dome. Definitely things I will take into account when trying version 2.0

And McCall I definitely hear what you're saying. Maybe it could be considered an alternative to the current alternate logo that just has a DC and a basketball.

90758391980.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing as how Leonsis owns bothe the Wizards and the Capitals, he might be allowed to re-use the Caps' logo, as you have done. Nice concept, but you should at least mention that's the source you used. Just a heads up :-)

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Archived